Can we get a 'Glass cannon' character in the next update?

OriginalyOrigin

For a really long time I was wondering, why DS doesn't have a character of this type? Maybe because the devs tought that one-shotting hounds would be really overpowered? (and other enemies too) I know that we already have other chars. with damage modifiers: Wolfgang and Wigfrid, and other ones like Wendy and Wes with negative damage modifiers, dealing less damage than the average such as Wilson for example. My idea is if we can get (for the base game or Hamlet I don't know) a brand new character that will have very little HP but in exchange for that it will have great strength, maybe more than Wolfgang? I think it would be really interesting and challenging adding a new char. that focuses in the 'Risk vs Reward'. You will need to think twice if you want to fight certain enemies that can 2 or even 1 hit-kill you, but at the same time if you know how to kite said enemy, you just could easily destroy every boss or mob in the game. I personally think it would benefit veteran/experiencied players rather than new players. But hey, just an idea.

And for the stats, well, I've been thinking about it for a while and I think these would be the stats:

50 Health 

120 Hunger

120 Sanity

And yes... The x2.0 Damage modifier.

And well, those have been all my ideas. What do you guys think..?

6 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

You say "Next Update" as if that's even something that Klei would consider. I wish I could live with such ignorance.

be positive mate, ask Klei for an update instead of just spiting them, they are gonna make one after all so stop biting the hand that gives.

2 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

be positive mate, ask Klei for an update instead of just spiting them, they are gonna make one after all so stop biting the hand that gives.

Feels like they are either keeping silent and working or they just have no interest in finishing Hamlet.

The problem here is that if they are NOT going to update Hamlet, they likely won't say it, which kinda just leaves everyone waiting, but the alternative is admitting it pissing some people off so... it's would probably be for the best that they just don't say anything.

18 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Feels like they are either keeping silent and working or they just have no interest in finishing Hamlet.

The problem here is that if they are NOT going to update Hamlet, they likely won't say it, which kinda just leaves everyone waiting, but the alternative is admitting it pissing some people off so... it's would probably be for the best that they just don't say anything.

they have provided nothing so far in both cases which means they have not decided yet, if they had decided then they would have given us the news and prevent us all from heckling them for over 8 months, nobody likes to suffer like that.

there is a bigger reason which is the roadmap that they gave us before, they didn't complete it and left many things they promised in it which even we guys knew were hard to put in DS currently, so its obvious why they are not telling us what they are exactly doing.

alas the part I hate is where some players are literally just going full gung-ho on Klei like seriously, are they THAT bad?

play another game, go outside and have a breath, just play DST offline if your that much obsessed.

if you do wana heckle, do it in a creative and respectable way or use memes at least, do NOT abuse them,
cause Klei doesn't abuse us so we need to respect that!

1 minute ago, Machine Reaper said:

they have provided nothing so far in both cases which means they have not decided yet, if they had decided then they would have given us the news and prevent us all from heckling them for over 8 months, nobody likes to suffer like that.

there is a bigger reason which is the roadmap that they gave us before, they didn't complete it and left many things they promised in it which even we guys knew were hard to put in DS currently, so its obvious why they are not telling us what they are exactly doing.

alas the part I hate is where some players are literally just going full gung-ho on Klei like seriously, are they THAT bad?

play another game, go outside and have a breath, just play DST offline if your that much obsessed.

I want to point out the fact that Home Sea Home came out after a long period of silence, a lot of people were disappointed by Shipwrecked and Home Sea Home seemed like an answer to peoples problems.
The difference is that Shipwrecked was released as a finished product, nothing was promised that didn't make it into the final product, and regardless it wasn't fully developed by Klei, but by Capy instead.

Cutting Warbucks, promising to flesh out the seasons and add more content, and so much stuff being left unfinished in the game files just points to rushed development and cancelled plans for Hamlet.

Why should I play Hamlet when they clearly gave up on it? It's simply not as polished or complete as any of their other games.

At the end of the day I got my copy free, I payed nothing for the game, and I appreciate that very much, but I also never asked for that, I WANT to support Klei so they continue to make great games, but they gave the game away for free and seemed to can development.

I cannot even vote with my wallet, I payed for a bundle of skins in DST purely because they gave me Hamlet, but that's also kind of just showing that "Hey, we made another 20 dollars off of our much more popular product!". I cannot claim to have any knowledge of their workplace politics, but making little money off of an old product that they gave away for free, probably doesn't encourage further development over their newer product that makes a lot more money off of skins.

Just gives me a neutral, disappointing feeling. I would easily shell out money for a complete product.

1 minute ago, Ogrecakes said:

snip

I understand, I personally paid for HAM but I don't feel the product was that bad (SW was far more fun which I will agree and I have not played the Home Sea Home update yet) and I was among the first ones to complain that HAM was rushed and the devs had to divide time between making QoLs for DS and porting modern stuff over from DST and making HAM at the sametime which automatically resulted in a flawed but still working product.

I was also among the first to complain a lot that why soo many things which are good for both DST and DS are not in DS yet (like gold boulder icons got included at the end of HAM development) and this pretty much is the reason why I also feel salty over that and still do to this day that DST is given more importance then DS.

but it would be quite rude of me to just start saying awful stuff about Klei just because I'm not satisfied, I will pick on them for not completing the stuff they promised but I won't go as far as calling them bad because of that.

Spoiler

also I left the DS community for 3 years after SW got released for same reason as no updates for SW came out for at least one year and only DST was getting developed, I did tell the devs they were being unfair with DS but that's the most I did and left, after HAM was announced is when I came back again and was quite happy to know SW had been updated with even more great content then ever, now I feel the same for HAM but I'm willing to wait out for Klei and ask them once in a while just incase

also @JoeW please tell us if you have something planned and should we wait for it?

Maybe if instead of making an echo chamber of why hamlet sucks we just used these forums to discuss (like this thread intended), help each other out and move on from the edgy teen "Hamlet is a disappointment" phase at least others could blindly enjoy what has been given to them and want to be part of the Singleplayer community. 

There's a stark contrast between dst's overall positive and mostly friendly community and this one. (Even way back during the content drought for that game, excluding some exceptions). If more peeps talked about how they enjoy the game and this forum seemed more welcoming, maybe some dst players could leak over and Hamlet would get revenue, but if all they see is negativity and disappointment, they would (logically) not want to buy the game.

And i'm not saying criticizing is wrong, it's great! how could we grow if we didn't know our faults? but the point has been made, so maybe it'd be good to move on,turn another page and stay positive! It's more fruitful to just enjoy what we're given, don'tch'all think? :D

On 2/29/2020 at 11:20 AM, SpoonyBardIV said:

You say "Next Update" as if that's even something that Klei would consider. I wish I could live with such ignorance.

I mean people said the same exact thing after Shipwrecked came out and was seemingly abandoned. Meanwhile they had already spent a long time working on something while the sky was falling here. Don't be a pessimist.

The game is also about 7 years old, not getting another update may be a reality you have to accept when the time does come. Now? Later? Not sure. But it's fact the updates have to end eventually.

On 08/03/2020 at 3:29 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

I mean people said the same exact thing after Shipwrecked came out and was seemingly abandoned. Meanwhile they had already spent a long time working on something while the sky was falling here. Don't be a pessimist.

The game is also about 7 years old, not getting another update may be a reality you have to accept when the time does come. Now? Later? Not sure. But it's fact the updates have to end eventually.

I went thru all this before as well, tho I personally had to wait for 2 years cause I never knew Shipwrecked got updated an year later after I left and it was a massive update to boot.

I only came back after HAM got announced and found its trailer on Youtube
(still haven't played the updated SW yet cause I'm too much attached to HAM right now)

On 2/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, OwOrigins said:

OP snip

I'd love a character that relied on magic.  Maybe start the game with magical abilities, and incorporate you stats suggestions.  Kiting would be necessary for survival, even more so than for Wheeler.  

4 hours ago, ucw said:

I'd love a character that relied on magic.  Maybe start the game with magical abilities, and incorporate you stats suggestions.  Kiting would be necessary for survival, even more so than for Wheeler.  

Like Waverly?

Archived