my abigail rework idea

hello forum, as you may know, it is speculated that wendy will be the one to receive the next character rework, and i have been playing wendy as my character main for at least a week in preparation of the wendy rework

i like all of wendy's current perks, but i think that abigail could use some changes because right now, she is not as strong as she could be, especially compared to the new bernie

here is my suggestion:

-abigail does not have enough hp, when she was brought over to dst: together all of the mobs in the game got higher hp stat, but not abigail

my proposed change is to give her at least double the hp, but 42 500 hp would be best, if she is to be properly balanced and meta so she can better compete with bosses like dragonsfly and toadstoal

-when willow got her buff, bernie got a extra form where is big and does damage and it is super cool

so here is my proof of concept of redesigned buffed abigail

5e47731d35f2f_ghostdone.png.5865b315bdba0290c925940117a03fd8.png

(this is my original art keli is allowed to use it but please do not repost without permision, any resemblance to other official characters is purely coincidental)

this form is triggered when wendy is under 50% sanity, abigail grows stronger to help her and can now attack nightmares

she does 5x the damage, and now has been given arms so she can now perform suplexes on the enemies

-finally, abigail should receive a AI rework, she now avoids tentacles in the swamp and all other hostile mobs, she will only attack when wendy is attacking, but only if the mob is neutral or passive, not hostile

-when forge comes back next year this can be her new form when wendy picks up the companion armour, she would function identical to the swineclops boss, except that she is on your side

-this can also be her new form for gorge, she will help wendy chop trees

thanks for reading, please remember to be civil in the comments

I don’t think Abigail should mutate into a super buff mode, I just want Abigail to stop attacking things that will kill her very quickly... like Swamp Tentacles, & Beefalo that are in Mating Mode.

I also want her to stop lagging miles behind Wendy off the screen..  and to stop moving Away from Wendy when she tries to Heal her.

Would also be lovely if Abigail will attack hounds that are Chasing Wendy instead of Watching as Wendy runs for her life or has to path them back Into Abigail.

Thats pretty much ALL I WANT please don’t ruin my main Klei..

—————————

My suggestion for Abigail Rework was something along the lines of “Strength In Numbers..”

Wendy can now Befriend Ghost Followers- The more Ghosts that are Being lead by Abigail the larger her Attack range and Damage over time will stack.

This also gives us the player.. the option to Hammer down, Move or Create our own Tombstones.

(Your Pic looks like something you’d find in forge arena so Kudos in that.)

1 hour ago, Ressayez said:

(this is my original art keli is allowed to use it but please do not repost without permision, any resemblance to other official characters is purely coincidental)

this form is triggered when wendy is under 50% sanity, abigail grows stronger to help her and can now attack nightmares

she does 5x the damage, and now has been given arms so she can now perform suplexes on the enemies

Okay I know you said that this was your original art but isn't this literally replacing swineclops' body with Abigail's and keeping the arms and armor? Kinda hard to believe that it's coincidental when she also functions exactly the same as Swineclops in Forge...

Not to mention, triggering the form under 50% sanity, growing stronger and fighting nightmares is basically just Bernie but better. And 5x damage...

Unless the reworks are made for every character to reach Wolfgang and Wickerbottom level OPness this idea is pretty bad. It aims to only make Abby into a better Bernie which defeats the purpose of reworking Bernie in the first place.

This is a great idea for one of those "One Punch Man" mods where you just get an OP character though.

2 hours ago, Booklover said:

Okay I know you said that this was your original art but isn't this literally replacing swineclops' body with Abigail's and keeping the arms and armor?

Allow me to explain and so butcher the Original Arttm joke

Spoiler

It propably goes back to the Sonic Fandom where active members of the community have made plain recolors/slight edits of sonic and the characters, called them their Original Characters/Art and over time it leaked into literally every sort of fandom, be it a tv show/game/book, whatever.

11 hours ago, Booklover said:

Okay I know you said that this was your original art but isn't this literally replacing swineclops' body with Abigail's and keeping the arms and armor? Kinda hard to believe that it's coincidental...

any resemblance to official characters is purely coincidental and i will you know that if you accusing me of art theft or tracing, that is libel. i definitely did not trace or recolour parts of swineclops for this piece, i repeat, I DID NOT TRACE OR RECOLOUR PARTS OF SWINECLOPS 

i cant believe youre attacking me right now when i even told people to be civil

35 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

any resemblance to official characters is purely coincidental and i will you know that if you accusing me of art theft or tracing, that is libel. i definitely did not trace or recolour parts of swineclops for this piece, i repeat, I DID NOT TRACE OR RECOLOUR PARTS OF SWINECLOPS 

Stop attacking bob he did nothing wrong

6 hours ago, Ressayez said:

any resemblance to official characters is purely coincidental and i will you know that if you accusing me of art theft or tracing, that is libel. I definitely did not trace or recolour parts of swineclops for this piece, i repeat, I DID NOT TRACE OR RECOLOUR PARTS OF SWINECLOPS 

I am skeptical because your drawing is identical to Swineclops alongside Abigail's function in Forge which is also identical to Swineclops. In case you didn't know, this is what Swineclops looks like and what your "Buffed" Abigail looks like.

Compare them please.

Infernal_Swineclops.png

Perhaps I am not civil. Perhaps I am too direct and as such, is viewed as rude.

But take a look at Swineclops and Abigail. The arms are the same although you did change the bracelets. The shoulderpads are identical with 3 spikes and shadowing and the change is colour. You swapped out Swineclops' body out for Abigail's.

As for not using the art, may I ask you to take a look at her shoulderpads? Even if you did trace it (which I didn't know was a crime) you did use Swineclops' body. The shadowing is perfectly same.

47 minutes ago, Booklover said:

I am skeptical because your drawing is identical to Swineclops alongside Abigail's function in Forge which is also identical to Swineclops. In case you didn't know, this is what Swineclops looks like and what your "Buffed" Abigail looks like.

Compare them please.

Infernal_Swineclops.png

Perhaps I am not civil. Perhaps I am too direct and as such, is viewed as rude.

But take a look at Swineclops and Abigail. The arms are the same although you did change the bracelets. The shoulderpads are identical with 3 spikes and shadowing and the change is colour. You swapped out Swineclops' body out for Abigail's.

As for not using the art, may I ask you to take a look at her shoulderpads? Even if you did trace it (which I didn't know was a crime) you did use Swineclops' body. The shadowing is perfectly same.

These look absolutely nothing alike, I really dont see it. Dont draw similarities out of nowhere just cus youre jealous of bobs artistic skill

1 hour ago, Xanadu2003 said:

These look absolutely nothing alike, I really dont see it. Dont draw similarities out of nowhere just cus youre jealous of bobs artistic skill

So you truly cannot see how the shadowing is alike? Interesting.

As for jealousy, I don't pay as much attention to art, I prefer functions. What I don't like is seeing someone say that they are not recolouring another thing when the art clearly seems copy and paste. I am not jealous, just wondering why does the art look alike.

And you really didn't see how the shadow lines are the same on the shoulder pads? And even the spikes? Damn. Okay. I am speechless.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:37 PM, Ressayez said:

hello forum, as you may know, it is speculated that wendy will be the one to receive the next character rework, and i have been playing wendy as my character main for at least a week in preparation of the wendy rework

i like all of wendy's current perks, but i think that abigail could use some changes because right now, she is not as strong as she could be, especially compared to the new bernie

here is my suggestion:

-abigail does not have enough hp, when she was brought over to dst: together all of the mobs in the game got higher hp stat, but not abigail

my proposed change is to give her at least double the hp, but 42 500 hp would be best, if she is to be properly balanced and meta so she can better compete with bosses like dragonsfly and toadstoal

-when willow got her buff, bernie got a extra form where is big and does damage and it is super cool

so here is my proof of concept of redesigned buffed abigail

-finally, abigail should receive a AI rework, she now avoids tentacles in the swamp and all other hostile mobs, she will only attack when wendy is attacking, but only if the mob is neutral or passive, not hostile

-when forge comes back next year this can be her new form when wendy picks up the companion armour, she would function identical to the swineclops boss, except that she is on your side

-this can also be her new form for gorge, she will help wendy chop trees

thanks for reading, please remember to be civil in the comments

"has been given arms so she can now perform suplexes on her enemies" lmfao Klei please yes and please put that in official patch notes XD

Abigail is the ghost of a 8-10 year old girl, i don't think she suppose to be that buffed. As for her rework I don't want to much for her, some AI changes and some not to powerful interesting perks would be enough, like you could told Abi to hunt things, And she could summon ghost from graves to be your allies or/and revive skeletons too. But maybe 3 allies max at the time (it depends how strong would they be too).

I wonder if Wendy could be two characters in one, alternating between Wendy and her sister. I wish Abigail could enter the animals' bodies.
I made a comment about it a while ago, but now I realize that if she gets into a Pigman, it will transform...

Oh... Its not to bad have a Werepig like a friend?

Its much better than a pigman. Hahahaha
But there is still time to make Abigail possess a Beefalo, so that Wendy can ride one without having to tame it.

5 hours ago, Wesbie said:

Oh... Its not to bad have a Werepig like a friend?

Its much better than a pigman. Hahahaha

Woodie has three Wereforms.

A Werebeaver, A WereGoose & WereMoose.

I believe that there is a REASON we did not get Werepig for him.. And it’s Tied to his Idols. His curse is a different type of curse.

MEANWHILE If ANY Character should get the rights to further explore or Interact with Werepig it should Defiantly be WILBA who according to Lore: Wears a special Silver Necklace to prevent from having the Werecurse effect her.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Woodie has three Wereforms.

A Werebeaver, A WereGoose & WereMoose.

I believe that there is a REASON we did not get Werepig for him.. And it’s Tied to his Idols. His curse is a different type of curse.

I mean it's not like devs made all this just from memes about canadians riiiiiiiiiight?

Archived