Rhymes with Play Dev Cast - Oxygen Not Included

I think  Sweeper bot should be able to detect the next floor tile like how it detects the next tile to be a while,   to avoid falling off a cliff.

I definitely like some of the new automation changes/additions coming.

The on/off switcher button that doesn't require dupes interaction is a big plus.   No more using hyro or atmo sensors or clocks to flip that switch on and off.

The power flow automation will be interesting.  and the rail filter too!  can't wait.

I could smell something like a vertical robo elevator thing in the dlc ^^
Nice stream yesterday, nice to watch devs having phun, showing creative additions..
The solid rail filter thing is nice too, but i am asking me:
Would it not be better to fix performance for rails, before adding new parts to the sys?
When i read the forum, preventing rails is used by many, to keep fps up.
Edit: For the roomba an option would be nice, to ignore solids / liquids.
When you want to use it, to remove slime from a slimefarm, where the slime drops into liquid / submerged and the bot sucks the liquid away, it would suck.

7 hours ago, DMFan79 said:

There are so many things I'd like Klei fixed/changed before asking for new stuff, but no matter now, if I had to choose something simple, I'd like to be able to differentiate storage containers; for example using different colours or by placing a sign/tag.

I just want the menu tweaked and the drywall function tweaked. Though on the stream, Jambell said it was easier said than done.

Just now, minespatch said:

Though on the stream, Jambell said it was easier said than done.

He also said "but I was also an idiot when I tried that". :wilson_ecstatic:

Spoiler

That's a direct quote, verbatim from the lad himself. This is not bullying please no ban.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulBelovedDadEleGiggle

See? Please don't ban me...

5d0982fa55b07_sweatingguy.thumb.png.0209c753c4e1d3595387e1b375da4978.png

The problem with dry wall is that it can create  vaccum exposure if you want to build a tile wall in its place because  you're forced to remove the drywall first before placing the wall.       The old method allowed you to create a dry wall in the background of a wall.          Would be nice if they had a function similar to ladder and tile replacements where if you wanted to replace a ladder you could put a tile there.  It auto deconstruct the ladder and puts the tile.  In the case of drywall.   Place the tile first and then it deconstructs the drywall after. 

11 hours ago, DMFan79 said:

There are so many things I'd like Klei fixed/changed before asking for new stuff, but no matter now, if I had to choose something simple, I'd like to be able to differentiate storage containers; for example using different colours or by placing a sign/tag.

I use pedestals to label storage.

With the pack you'll be able to use colors with automation. 

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

He also said "but I was also an idiot when I tried that". :wilson_ecstatic:

Hide contents

That's a direct quote, verbatim from the lad himself. This is not bullying please no ban.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulBelovedDadEleGiggle

See? Please don't ban me...

5d0982fa55b07_sweatingguy.thumb.png.0209c753c4e1d3595387e1b375da4978.png

I have made that experience many times when working on complex software. You stop, you come back days/weeks/months/years later and suddently things you did not understand at all are simple and obvious.

Will logic gates work with logic ribbons?

They should perform logic operations on 4-bit numbers, eg. 0011 AND 0101 = 0001 etc

Also, with logic ribbons shift gates would be great! They would allow to create moving pixel animations more easily, help balance power plant workload and many more!

How would they work? 4-tile gate, with Logic Ribbon input, Logic Wire input, Logic Ribbon output and Logic Wire output. It would take the input ribbon signal, shift it one place right (or left, it could be customizable as some other gates), filling missing bit with value of logic wire. Right-most bit of the input ribbon would be shifted out into logic wire output. So:

RibbonInput(A, B, C, D) + WireInput(Z) =shift=> RibbonOutput(Z, A, B, C) + WireOutput(D)

What do you think?

On 17/02/2020 at 3:46 AM, minespatch said:

Not the noise, the fact I can't drag hits the impatient side of me.

Well, that's actually good! The impatient side of you will probably also don't care about their high cost of 400 each... Zen side will save those materials for more calm and advisable placing of each one. Pixel art... :?

Archived