Something New - Elevation

I believe at this point Klei has chosen to recognize DST as an actual DS Sequel instead of just being some stand alone expansion pack.

theres continuation of the story After the events of DS, they are adding new unique content like Lunar Island and Carrats, and refreshing the characters abilities so they have something “New”

Klei makes profit off new characters, and new clothing & Belongings Skins.

I do not care one bit how much a quote “Hardcore DS Veteran” HATES all the focus on Skins and Cosmetics, because I feel it is those very items that pay the development costs of other things like Character Refreshes and the Return of Them updates.

I defiantly want more control over my World Gen spawns in 2020.

Archipelago Islands.

Elevated areas of land.

More Biomes

More Hostile & Friendly Mobs

An Actual Difficulty option will drastically alter aspects of the game and the game world.

Just in General... I Want DST to get lots of updates and support, Why bother creating a DST 2??

theres no Minecraft 2.... and DST can easily be the same way.

Been thinking on some ideas for this. The winds from SW and Hamlet, I personally think wind should be added to DST probably closer to how hamlet's wind acts because SW's wind is annoying, sometimes light wind can happen near sea level this wouldn't do much of anything but be more of a aesthetic thing with things swaying in the wind, sails could also maybe get a small speed boost if they sail with the wind but it wouldn't slow them down if they sail against it, now here is where elevation comes in, the higher you go the stronger the winds could get, this could maybe even make it harder for wild fires to start higher up making it a good place to base maybe.

Another idea I have is that walls could protect against sandstorms in the oasis desert, or if your higher up in the desert you could see the top of the storm.

Better rivers could be another thing as well with flowing water and waterfalls (like OP said), maybe there is new river fish and you could see twigs, grass or drift wood floating down them sometimes? This could also prevent boat bridges because they'd get shoved into the sides of land or the river would be to small.

Now whats a idea Klei hasn't really used? oh that's right! group buildings (aka Portal Paraphernalia or Royal Tapestry), this idea has barely been touched since its been added, how could we fix this? maybe being able to build 1 to possible 2 tile long bridges to get across a small gap, it'd take a long time to build probably costing a lot of wood planks and rope not something you could really rush, could even maybe make stairs but they'd probably only should be a one tile thing. of course this is more of a iffy idea not sure of it myself but its nice to think about I guess?

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m still waiting on a Klei dev to comment on this and let us know if it’s something we “Might” see in the future or if this is nothing more then a Impossible dream :( 

The Klei devs never usually comment in suggestion threads like these, or in any other thread for that matter unless their attention is totally required. Ultimately, we'll never know, but it depends if the devs decide to implement this after adding the rest of the content they have promised on the previous roadmap, es bec they still have to make good on their promise to add more content.

But since this is a promising, interesting concept which draws in players, we may never know if the devs decide to implement said idea despite the technical hurdles.

I just thought of something actually.. What if Wortox could Soul Hop upwards onto these Platforms or WES could build 12 Balloons tie them all together and Float up to Elevated Areas?

This would make Wes and Wortox Equally both useful for reaching elevated locations and placing the Roll Down Rope Ladders I had talked about earlier.

(I think about this game in the LONG TERM) usually when I suggest an Idea it is with every other idea in mind so they are all compatible like this.

2 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Winona could have some machine that acts like a elevator, like a moving stair case

That.. OR people can sit in her catapults while she flings them up to new access points. 

Only to a very very limited extent though. Like only to Elevated Land plots extending 1 height high, if that wall is any higher than that then Wortox couldn’t reach it, Winona Catapults would just have whoever she attempted to fling to the top smash into a wall Wyle Coyote Style.. And Wes Balloons would all either Pop or Unravel flying away sending him crashing back down to earth.

It keeps people from Ignoring the entire point of Elevated Land being Progression Blockers.

3 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

If elevation/mountains were added, I bet Klei would add an option to turn it off.

I believe Retro-Fitting that into already existing worlds would be impossible.. it would have to be something that can only be added by creating a brand new map right?

I mean I didn’t have a massive mega Base when they added the Return Of Them Ocean and Streams... Did THAT Add Rivers down the center of people’s already existing bases???

3 hours ago, Slagger said:

I'm sure game will be great with that great ideas but I don't think klei would make that big difference. Game is not on beta I mean

Fun fact:
Every single game imaginable only has large content updates when it's in beta. After that, it's illegal to do so.

Apparently.

3 minutes ago, Canis said:

Fun fact:
Every single game imaginable only has large content updates when it's in beta. After that, it's illegal to do so.

Apparently.

I know that this is a joke but if he/she wants to use beta as excuse not to get a big update like this- 

I guess they are forgetting that the word BETA is attached to all the current Return of Them updates?

1 hour ago, Nickolai said:

The whole return of them update as a whole was huge, re-coding the entire ocean, i dont believe the DST beta updates has been that big as ROT

Return of Them isn’t finished yet though, they’re only releasing it in tiny Batches with each update.

Update 1 Return Of Them: Turn Of Tides.

Update 2 Return of Them: Salty Dog

Update 3: Return of Them: Hook, Line & Inker.

Update 4 Return of Them: ????? (to be Announced)

14 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Yes but still, its a bigger update than the updates when DST was in beta

Now I’m just confused, because the RoT updates as a whole are Still an ongoing Beta, releasing first on PC in a Beta Branch and tested, perfected and then released officially.

Just like all the updates that came to the game during its Beta phase prior to Return Of Them.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now I’m just confused, because the RoT updates as a whole are Still an ongoing Beta, releasing first on PC in a Beta Branch and tested, perfected and then released officially.

Just like all the updates that came to the game during its Beta phase prior to Return Of Them.

What i mean is, ROT is a bigger update than all of the updates DST has when DST was in open beta

"We're also aware than some players would like us to make more substantial changes to the overall base game of Don't Starve Together and change things up a bit."

"some players would like us to make more substantial changes"

" While this is not a focus right now, we do understand this is something that is being discussed and I invite you to continue those conversations."

"we do understand this is something that is being discussed"

HMMMMMmmmmm..... :confused:

Archived