Something New - Elevation

7 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

I'd unironically love it if they made it humerous, because only an idiot would die of fall damage.

Wilson jumped off the edge to scientifically prove if there is fall damage. And there is. And now he's dead.

Today Willow found out, that she is infact, not a phoenix.

Wigfrid thought she could reach Valhalla prematurely. Silly Wigfrid.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (maxwells death)

Webber thought he could climb the wall. He couldn't.

Wes thought he could fly.

Wendy had enough.

Something simillar to Terraria's death messages

Robots do not bounce. Wx-78 crashed.

Wolfgang isn't mightier than gravity.

Winona should've prototyped a parachute

Wortox shouldn't have joked about gravity.

Plants apparently take fall damage. Wormwood died.

Wurt isn't a flying fish.

Wickerbottom didn't clean her glasses and couldn't see the edge.

Woodie wishes he was a goose.

Warly ate something raw and couldn't handle it.

14 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

6 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Wendy had enough.

ScalemailScalemail- "I'd like to wear it inside-out."

Festive Tree Planter BurntFestive TreeFestive Tree Planter and Winter's Feast Tree (burnt)- "Death comes for all of us..."

AND MANY MORE!!! 

Yeah.... Wendy just kind of wants to commit a deaded....

6 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

BE CAREFUL OPENING THIS.....

Spoiler

Default Death Messages[edit | edit source]

• "<Player name> was slain."
  • "<Player name> was eviscerated."
  • "<Player name> was murdered."
  • "<Player name>'s face was torn off."
  • "<Player name>'s entrails were ripped out."
  • "<Player name> was destroyed."
  • "<Player name>'s skull was crushed."
  • "<Player name> got massacred."
  • "<Player name> got impaled."
  • "<Player name> lost his/her head." (Console version)
  • "<Player name> was torn in half."
  • "<Player name> was decapitated."
  • "<Player name> let their arms get torn off."
  • "<Player name> watched their innards become outards."
  • "<Player name> was brutally dissected."
  • "<Player name>'s extremities were detached."
  • "<Player name>'s body was mangled."
  • "<Player name>'s vital organs were ruptured."
  • "<Player name> was turned into a pile of flesh."
  • "<Player name> was removed from <world name>."
  • "<Player name> got snapped in half."
  • "<Player name> was cut down the middle."
  • "<Player name> was chopped up."
  • "<Player name>'s plead for death was answered."
  • "<Player name>'s meat was ripped off the bone."
  • "<Player name>'s flailing about was finally stopped."
  • "<Player name> had their head removed."

PvP Death Messages[edit | edit source]

PvP death messages will use the default death messages from above, but will additionally state the name of the player's murderer along with the weapon or projectile with which the killing blow was landed.

Example:

• "<Player name 1>'s face was torn off by <player name 2>'s Ball O' Hurt."

Enemy Death Messages[edit | edit source]

Enemy death messages work like PvP death messages.

Examples:

Falling Death Messages[edit | edit source]

• "<Player name> fell to their death."
  • "<Player name> didn't bounce."
  • "<Player name> fell victim of gravity." (Console version)
  • "<Player name> faceplanted the ground." (Console version)
  • "<Player name> left a small crater." (Console version)

Drowning Death Messages[edit | edit source]

• "<Player name> forgot to breathe."
  • "<Player name> is sleeping with the fish."
  • "<Player name> drowned."
  • "<Player name> is shark food."

Lava Death Messages[edit | edit source]

• "<Player name> got melted."
  • "<Player name> was incinerated."
  • "<Player name> tried to swim in lava."
  • "<Player name> likes to play in magma."

Debuff Death Messages[edit | edit source]

When killed by On Fire!, Burning, Cursed Inferno, or Frostburn:

• "<Player name> couldn't put the fire out."

When killed by Poisoned, or Venom:

• "<Player name> couldn't find the antidote."

When killed by Suffocation:

• "<Player name> couldn't breathe."

When killed by ElectrifiedDesktop VersionConsole VersionMobile Version:

• "<Player name> couldn't contain the watts."

When killed by fall damage while StonedDesktop VersionConsole VersionMobile Version:

• "<Player name> shattered into pieces."
  • "<Player name> cant be put back together again." [sic]
  • "<Player name> needs to be swept up."
  • "<Player name> just became another dirt pile."

When killed by using the Rod of Discord with Chaos State:

• "<Player name> didn't materialize"
  • "<Player name>'s legs appeared where his head should be." (male character)
  • "<Player name>'s legs appeared where her head should be." (female character)

Other Death Messages[edit | edit source]

When the Wall of Flesh reaches the far boundary of the world and the player is in front:

• "<Player name> was licked."

When killed by Paladin's Shield:

• "<Player name>"

When attempting to teleport away from the Wall of Flesh with a Magic/Ice Mirror, Recall Potion, Teleportation Potion, or Teleporter:

• "<Player name> tried to escape."

When killed by failing to destroy an Altar, the Wall of Flesh's body, or a Jellyfish's shock attackDesktop VersionConsole VersionMobile Version:

• "<Player name> was slain..."

When killed by the Companion Cube'sDesktop VersionConsole Version stab:

• "<Player name> was stabbed."

It just has a bunch of quotes, don't worry. 

(THERES JUST ALOT)

23 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Robots do not bounce. Wx-78 crashed.

Wolfgang isn't mightier than gravity.

Winona should've prototyped a parachute

Wortox shouldn't have joked about gravity.

Plants apparently take fall damage. Wormwood died.

Wurt isn't a flying fish.

Wickerbottom didn't clean her glasses and couldn't see the edge.

Woodie wishes he was a goose.

Warly ate something raw and couldn't handle it.

Wilson: Science didn't help you now did it?

Willow: Dropped Bernie off the edge

Wendy: Joined her sister

WX-78: Too many fleshlings

Wolfgang: His mightiness didn't save him this time

Wickerbottom: Read the wrong book....

Maxwell: Tall man.... Too frail....

Winona: Duct tape can't fix broken legs

Wigfrid: That is NOT how you get to Valhalla...

Wes: Ballons do NOT make you fly Wes...

Warly: Couldn't handle all the un-spicy food

Wormwood: Vines can still crumble

Wortox: Chased an unsuspecting butterfly

Webber: Thought he could climb.... He couldn't....

Wurt: Well what do you know, fishes do make a *plap* noise

--------------

I might have missed someone, if I did make sure to let me know.

Edit: I MISSED WURT

With hills you could have sleds during winter!
You could craft some in the survival tab and place them on the ground. When you are on a hill with many slopes you could slide down them with speed giving you mobility and fun. This would be really fun as a winters feast event thing where you can race each other with sleds.

A few years ago before shipwrecked  barely came out  I had an idea of a giant electric ram,  where the wool on it's back where made of clouds and it conducted electricity. If this becomes a thing and there's a chance my concept could become a mob instead living on mountains, then I fully support this idea using the y-axis to make higher plataforms.

44 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

A few years ago before shipwrecked  barely came out  I had an idea of a giant electric ram,  where the wool on it's back where made of clouds and it conducted electricity. If this becomes a thing and there's a chance my concept could become a mob instead living on mountains, then I fully support this idea using the y-axis to make higher plataforms.

Maybe a relative to the ewcus?

I really do not understand all the excitement over “elevation”. I’d argue it does not change anything since it is a 2D game and it would be really waste of great time and resources for a such change  but I decided not to comment on  what I don’t understand. 

3 minutes ago, OMERICA said:

I really do not understand all the excitement over “elevation”. I’d argue it does not change anything since it is a 2D game and it would be really waste of great time and resources for a such change  but I decided not to comment on  what I don’t understand. 

how do you feel about what i said before

4 minutes ago, OMERICA said:

I wish there was a Question mark option for emotes, because this post needs it.

Seriously though it’s a Wall you can not cross, and instead have to walk around.

In other words, it would keep you from running in a straight line away from all your problems.

3 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

how do you feel about what i said before

I mean again I really don’t understand.  Imo there is only so much difference between rivers and the idea of elevation. If there is a river you are going to go around it if there is a elevation you are going to go around it.(of course they are not the same tho) The idea only provides visual benefits and aesthetics and I don’t think it would match the effort.

9 hours ago, OMERICA said:

I mean again I really don’t understand.  Imo there is only so much difference between rivers and the idea of elevation. If there is a river you are going to go around it if there is a elevation you are going to go around it.(of course they are not the same tho) The idea only provides visual benefits and aesthetics and I don’t think it would match the effort.

If there is a River you are going to throw a boat kit over into it and hop across it like it’s not there.

If there is Elevated Land your going to have to find the ramp that gets you up to that area or your just screwed.

Elevated plots of land can lead to several fun new gameplay mechanics.

1- Actual exploration of the world and its biomes instead of just running through each of them in an incredibly flat world.

2- Cave Entrances being placed into the sides of the actual Wall in addition to the Spelunking Holes.

3- The ability to hang things on a Elevated wall such as picture frames rope ladders or something unique.

4- Elevated Lands with Over Hanging Cliffsides (as Seen in Many Of the Actual DS Art Designs) could allow us to take Shelter underneath them from Rain or the Sun.

5- Death By Falling from a high height, This sounds like only an idiot would do this but consider- Not knowing the map yet and running through the dark with a dimly lit torch while a group of hounds chase after you. It’s entirely possible.

and IF Klei adds new biomes such as an ICE Biome where you slide uncontrollably across Ice, It’s even more plausible. 

Or if they Added more Enemies that can push you around, like them Bully Champion Pigs In Pig Kings Mini-Game.

Pushed off a ledge to your death.. or if not death at least decent lost health.

6- My Drawing Skills leave Much to be Desired but there is also the possibility that Elevated plots of land will be able to do THIS.

1D496B8C-F97C-4FC0-AFF4-8EBD2DE65596.jpeg

13 hours ago, OMERICA said:

I would agree.

A new idea is exciting to talk about when you can imagine how it would look in the game, but ultimately this terrain change would be mostly an aesthetic update rather than a practical one.

There are some great biome mods in the workshop and I believe this idea falls into that same biome category. 

If I'm being brutally honest, I know this is never going to make it into the game for a whole load of obvious reasons  Even though a lot of people are excited about the thought of some new terrain heights in the game, it would probably work better as a player/community made mod than asking for a large design change to the game.

I do agree that it looks like a nice aesthetic update but it does not add much to the gameplay. I would rather see 2 new biomes than 1 elevated biome. Such things take time and I do think that the game devs already spend a lot of time on aesthetic updates such as skins instead of adding new content to the game.

37 minutes ago, -Animaster- said:

I do agree that it looks like a nice aesthetic update but it does not add much to the gameplay. I would rather see 2 new biomes than 1 elevated biome. Such things take time and I do think that the game devs already spend a lot of time on aesthetic updates such as skins instead of adding new content to the game.

For MANY of us, anything that changes the way we move around the world IS a Gameplay change though (Cough, Cough Apex Legends Season 3 and Season 4)

Gigantic Towering walls of Cliffside that block off progress until you path around to that locations access point.

Also Cliff Overhangs can wrap around Mountain Edges to have hidden Cave entrances or something such as in this (awful) Picture I just made.

3DEAB02B-4370-4836-BCF0-34E5BF27ED46.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

For MANY of us, anything that changes the way we move around the world IS a Gameplay change though (Cough, Cough Apex Legends Season 3 and Season 4)

Gigantic Towering walls of Cliffside that block off progress until you path around to that locations access point.

Also Cliff Overhangs can wrap around Mountain Edges to have hidden Cave entrances or something such as in this (awful) Picture I just made.

3DEAB02B-4370-4836-BCF0-34E5BF27ED46.jpeg

Your drawing is better than anything I could make.

40 minutes ago, Ardcrumb said:

Your drawing is better than anything I could make.

Thanks but I didn’t draw this man, it’s just some simple copy and pasting of items from one picture into another from a mobile phone app.

(real drawing would look a billion times worse Haha)

10 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Also shouldn't this be in [Don't Starve Together] Suggestions and Feedback ?!

Lately I see a lot of wrong-forum postings - case in point "I am looking for a group of dedicated players..." in General Discussion.

Seems moderators are in "ZzzzZZzzzzZzz"-mode nowadays :lol:

To be Fair.. just look at how many views and replies this thread has compared to mine which actually WAS Posted in the Suggestions area of the forums.

A good Idea should be seen, read & discussed regardless of what area of the forum it is posted in.

I kinda Regret posting that over in Suggestions now (significantly less people trafficking and viewing those threads)

Then that might just signal a general problem with how people interact in here forums and maybe.. dissolve said category into the general one? 1 thing's sure though: we need to have same rules/standards applied everywhere (the principle of the rule), not if some poster considers their topic "better than the rest just because.. wants traffic", they post it in main and be done with it.

PS: one solution would be topics in the "suggestions and feedback" be posted on main as "[Suggestions & Feedback] My idea" format perhaps?!

4 hours ago, Orangex said:

If I'm being brutally honest, I know this is never going to make it into the game for a whole load of obvious reasons  Even though a lot of people are excited about the thought of some new terrain heights in the game, it would probably work better as a player/community made mod than asking for a large design change to the game.

The thing is that it's impossible to make it a mod since it would have to change some things in the engine which mods can't do.

I do believe this change would be aesthetic in some parts but it would change the exploration of the game. If a change is aesthetic that doesn't mean its useless. With cliffs you will explore differently, set up bases differently, you can even build structures differently with ladders and torch holders. I feel like elevation would make DST fun to explore and play since elevation would add so many game play mechanics and challenges. The world will be more immersive and fun to work with instead of a flat world that doesn't stop you from going anywhere since you have nothing to slow or stop you since you can go around or just use boats to cross water. Traversing the world in DST is very repetitive and boring, terrain would change this and make it fun.

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Then that might just signal a general problem with how people interact in here forums and maybe.. dissolve said category into the general one? 1 thing's sure though: we need to have same rules/standards applied everywhere (the principle of the rule), not if some poster considers their topic "better than the rest just because.. wants traffic", they post it in main and be done with it.

PS: one solution would be topics in the "suggestions and feedback" be posted on main as "[Suggestions & Feedback] My idea" format perhaps?!

Have you read 85% of the posts in General discussion? They ALL Belong in Suggestions and Feedback.

2 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Also shouldn't this be in [Don't Starve Together] Suggestions and Feedback ?!

Lately I see a lot of wrong-forum postings - case in point "I am looking for a group of dedicated players..." in General Discussion.

Well imo this belongs in general discussion since it’s a great idea which would be good for forum to discuss about and isn’t a one-off suggestion you find in the suggestions and feedback area to which that place I feel is for one-off suggestions like “Make pigs do more damage”

I prefer to have good interesting to read topics like this in general discussion which instead of “____ IS FEMALE” for 100th time or the other boring topics I usually see here

Archived