Showcase for untidy bases [1]

As a foil to the threads containing tidy bases, and in the spirit of good fun, let's showcase the most... let's say, unique, hilarious base screenshots we've ever clapped our eyes upon in this here thread!

As for myself, I've no untidy base pictures to show for myself as of now :/

Spoiler

But here's one from @Canis, having so graciously posted it in the Tidy Bases thread!

image.png.efcdac3db4d1d5d8d65e97b018a311

Might as well be called the temporary bases thread : P

I don’t base build for the first ~300 days, so I just make a small manmade turf square and drop items on it to call it a “base”. As a result, my base looked something like this:
FDD8F20E-24CE-40A1-B623-6FAF72D94BA7.thumb.jpeg.62be08516610ad0796258f21789b8aaa.jpeg

And here’s a bonus screenshot of my incredibly messy FW arena before I picked it up on day ~2000 as well, because it pretty much speaks for itself.E48570DC-54A1-4613-B688-B0FAFA8DE592.thumb.jpeg.21632b66dd743bda0bc2f2a7a9f9d917.jpeg

DAMN I thought _I_ was messy!  I see now I'm gonna have to step up down my game!

Anyway let's see what I got in the ol' screenshots archive.  (Spoiler:  WAY TOO MANY SCREENSHOTS.  Is what I have.)

Well, not so much horrifically untidy, but here's an example of my classic Floor Plants scheme (aka, I put the stuff down too close to the firepit, THEN decide I want to decorate the ground.):

day600baby.png.a11454d83ed2037eb7119ac3032fda54.png

Ah, good o' Camp-One-Foot-in-the-Grave.  Still miss ya.  (It ended not because I perma-died, but because an aesthetic mod I was using got completely borked by a change to the main game code.  erk.)  I love how Glommer's cuddling the fling-o-matic for some reason.  XD

nosciencemachine.png.49cd913d322d515a4ffc16db35c2f98b.png

Well, I guess there's my "base" in the No Science Machine Challenge.  Yeah, that's what it takes to make me leave everything out on the floor--not being ALLOWED to make chests.  : P  (But you ARE allowed to use blueprints, so I kept any useful materials as I found them juuuuust in case.)

This is actually from singleplayer DS--notice the ring thing?  Heh.

dstcivday11glommersnewhome.thumb.png.c5bee77c762b809bdd9cd6bea6894a14.png

Similarly, in the first year (all four seasons, whatever lengths they may be) of my "March of Civilization" challenge.  (Which is now gonna have to be entirely re-written, because SO MUCH NEW STUFF!  I mean, the first version of it was written during the Year of the Gobbler, and the last time it was updated was still before the whole Return of Them thing.) You're supposed to be kind of a hunter-gatherer during that first year, and the only permanent structure you're allowed to make is firepits.  Oh, the triangle thing?  That's a simple twig-and-grass water condenser.  I randomised the seasons and used the (old version) Thirst mod, just to make things a li'l more interesting.  That's also why the kidney icon.  You're also not allowed backpacks; I stole this one from a setpiece.

Yeah my bases aren't so much ultra-cluttered and chaotic as just...not-pretty because they're minimalistic, unplanned and asymmetrical. I tend to live in places where useful plants already are so I don't have to dig them up and worry about fertilizer/disease, and plonk things down where I have space as I think of them/have the resources.  : P

...Notorious

Yeah, I ended up making my latest base

Spoiler

(this one) 

(spoilered because it's not actually an Untidy Base, therefore I don't want to take up a big chunk o' screen real estate automatically on something that doesn't fit the topic)

lastsecondcrimboloot.png.12feac50dedcb616169ee570fc5a860f.png

(LOOK AT THE KITTY OMG) in Moletown, and lemme tell ya, they'd be MORE than happy to take most of the things on that screen off your hands...(Notice the Floor Plants thing is still in full force.  I wanted a shelter tree (the BIG birch tree) near the firepit so I could have a little protection from rain/sun while doing various basey things.  I also wanted a carpet.  I see absolutely no conflict here.)

Damn mole actually ate some of my carpet turf while I was redecorating, just because my inventory was full and I had to juggle stuff...so then I whacked it and had meatballs for dinner.  :)

...Notorious

Nah, that's obviously a DELIBERATE mess.  Wheeler here isn't careless--she's FLEXING on all of us about how much stuff she has.  : P  Like, who just _happens_ to leave 5 Thulecite Crowns out on the floor?  It's like "Oh, whoops, did I forget to put away my Lamborghini again? Tee-hee!"

...Notorious

5 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

They actually store items in their burrows.

With unlimited space I believe *or* that's not true, I played on a "vanilla" dedicated server.

hm, didn't know about that
and now I'm thinking about an usage of that

Archived