The quote from Warly that may solve The return of them of them!

Hello, i had recently arived to the moon island with Warly in my playthrough and as alwas i went observing all the things that there were.

image.thumb.png.eae35637334fdcaaa4b0d18ebfb75bf7.png

I know that there´s an issue with uploading photos and that nobody can see them for some reason so i will write it hire also:

"You know how to get me home to maman?"- Examining the Celestial Altar

WOW, just wow. There are 2 possibilities:

1. The Celestial Altar is the key to open a broadswords portal, make possible to live the Constant. That means: The last update of " The Return of Them" could be the official game Ending, with characters returning home.
  2. The Altar is lying, i went to the wiki and i found out that only Warly said something about returning! The others said only that they are hearing voices from it that are guaranteeing some forbidden secrets, Winnona even said something abut inventions:

image.png.cbea4937fce5e9d3814cbcc1d7a19126.png "Inventions? What sort of inventions?"

Oh boy does not it  that sound familiar, a portal, forbidden knowledge, a some sort of invention. You all know what i´m going with it, the cinematic from the beginning of DS! But this time Maxwell is also fooled,cause he does not suspect any thing, so my predictions:

A portal of some sords leading to a newer world with new layer!

What are your toughs? Do you have any interesting quotes to share? Tell about it down there, and to all those people who dislike Warly, hire´s a reason to not.

Link to the wiki if you are interested your self:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Celestial_Altar#Orb

From the very beginning when I first started to consider the Moon as a sentient being I've liked to think it's a friend who wants to help. It obviously represents the opposite force than Charlie does, which makes me think it's good. But seriously, all this new moon-related stuff is so freaking ominous that it's really hard to believe anymore. Especially because every survivor hears different things from the Altar. I believe the Altar is telling them whatever they wish to hear, to make them do who knows what.

To me the option 2 sounds more likely, but I might be wrong. The whole moon island feels incomplete to me. It's not friendly enough nor hostile enough and I keep thinking something's still missing, and maybe the missing part will show us what role the Moon really has. The option 1 is more unlikely to me because I don't believe DST will ever have a real "ending" cuz we only have lore, not actual story. We could still get an access to a different region though.

I think (from the quotes) the altar and the Gestalts whisper each character their greatest desire. Inventions for Winona, power for Maxwell, knowledge to Wilson, Maman to Warly, etc., etc. However, some characters say the altar wants to show or tell something, and the altar pieces semm to want the player to build the altar. Also, some characters refer to the Gestalts as the minions or projections of something. 

My reaction to the whole Lunar Island and everything associated with it is about the same as Wilson's when he examines the entrance to the adventure mode in single-player Don't Starve: "I'm not sure I want to fall for that a second time."

Don't trust the moon. Don't trust the shadows. Don't trust anything! You can't trust anything in Don't Starve!

11 hours ago, Wumpair said:

The Altar is lying, i went to the wiki and i found out that only Warly said something about returning! The others said only that they are hearing voices from it that are guaranteeing some forbidden secrets, Winnona even said something abut inventions:

This option is more probable. Moon has plan and survivors are only a tool in its hands.

9 hours ago, GrandTardigrade said:

I think (from the quotes) the altar and the Gestalts whisper each character their greatest desire. Inventions for Winona, power for Maxwell, knowledge to Wilson, Maman to Warly, etc., etc. However, some characters say the altar wants to show or tell something, and the altar pieces semm to want the player to build the altar. Also, some characters refer to the Gestalts as the minions or projections of something. 

Well that´s also possible, but if you look at the other quotes there is no specific wishing in others characters :

• Wouldn't wandy wish for her sister back?  Instead she sais "Heehee. Yes i would love to hear a secret." She doesn't even sound depressas usually, something FISHY is going on.
  • Why are not they wishing going back to the real world, if that is what we need to think about the altar-its promising their biggest wish. Are they comfortable being in the Constant? Don´t they want to leve it? Instead they say things like:"Hum? What did you say?"-Wilson
  • Maxwell does not want power, he was siting in the shadow throne god knows how long, he experienced this "power", don´t you remember that music: tatatatatatatata tatatatatatatata  tatatatatatatata... Why would he wish going back. He probably would wish to make Charly stain in the real world, with his quote of examining Codex umbra "I am sorry Charly"
  • My bigest questio9n is: whi is Wormwoods quote so normal? like it´s njust "Saing stuff"!

I think that Klei did not have the hole update planed, but they diseided the next moves with Warly-The did not know witch quote to use for witch character, so they put quotes about secrets and whispering, but then they added Warly and they know what will happen next, so they wrote this quote.

• But there´s one last quote with which i am gonna leve you speculating Wigfrids: "Tis a direct line tö Mani himself". I resorched and discovered that Mani in Scandinavian mythology was the god of the MOON!

You can find more inf. about Mani hire: 

https://norse-mythology.org/sol-mani/

You know the Wind and the Sun fable? Imo it's the same with the Forbidden Knowledge video. However, the motive of the Moon is unclear. Keep in mind Charlie chose to invent some "life quality" to the survivors - she is not 100% bad I think.

There wasn't a clear solution to escape the constant, maybe it's really a one way ticket without the codex umbra, and Maxwell lost control of the shadows. However, I think the appeareance of the moon could be a big hint to some of the mysteries of Don't Starve. The Metheus puzzle featured an eye. Maybe it presented the moon, maybe it's one of a pair.

my best guess is that the celestial altar is omniscient  in  a way that it knows what the survivors want most in life, or if not that, it presents them with a topic of interest, such as a secret,  something  they might want to see, or outright asking for help. It's most likely trying to lure the survivors in so they can do something   for it/them.  The gestalts act  in a similar way. 

It’s copying your dna.. when Gestalt hits you it’s stealing portions of your soul- The final boss battle with “Them” is going to end being a Shadow group of the games survivor cast themselves... 

oh and by the way- WITH their new found reworked abilities all useable against you, Good Luck!

Archived