how to play webber?

3 minutes ago, thistownneedsguns said:

hello,

i'm looking for some advices to paly this cute guy please share everything you have. i wanna swim in monster meat :)

AVOID PIGS, Befriend Spiders by feeding them Monster Meat, oh and you can totally eat Monster Lasagna it’s good for you.. Build your base near Spider Queen Nests.. they are your friends. 

And if you absolutely HAVE to trade with Pig King, only go at night when all the hostile pigs are sleeping otherwise expect to get punched in the face. 

Good Luck, Have Fun.

Daily routine: Feed a spider, tell him to attack another spider (by attacking that spider & canceling your attack (move a bit to the left/right) before you hit that spider), watch them killing each other, collect monster meat quickly before they eat it.

But before you become able to do that, you gonna need to find a place full with spiders or get some Spider Eggs first. Spider Eggs can be gathered easily by upgrading spider dens to tier 3 via silk and commanding other spiders to smash that den.

47 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Daily routine: Feed a spider, tell him to attack another spider (by attacking that spider & canceling your attack (move a bit to the left/right) before you hit that spider), watch them killing each other, collect monster meat quickly before they eat it.

But before you become able to do that, you gonna need to find a place full with spiders or get some Spider Eggs first. Spider Eggs can be gathered easily by upgrading spider dens to tier 3 via silk and commanding other spiders to smash that den.

how many spiders tho?

if i have 3 tier 3 nests.. how many spiders do i need to feed? 

To add on to the other tips here, don’t bother making monster lasagna. You can get even more hunger points just from 4 pieces of monster meat and you can easily accumulate more MM anyways. 

There’s also a mod that helps prioritize picking up the meat loot first so that you can get more monster meat (unless you’re a console player) ! I can link it if you need :>

A few extra tips:

• During the spider wars remain calm in the center, with enough room in your inventory and (if you are a pc player) keep the spacebar pressed so you instantly collect all the loot as its made.
  • Befriending a spider will have a ranged friendship effect, so up to 2 more spiders may become friends with you, if they witness you feeding one of them close enough. Try to feed spiders that have other spiders close.
  • More than 7 tier 3 spider dens produce much more meat that I can possibly collect during the spider war, so the spiders end up eating a lot of it. If your point is to have a steady supply of all spidery stuff, 6-7 spider dens is a good number to farm. More than that, I'd go only if I'm feeding a base full of not-so-independant people, or another Webber is helping me collect.
  • Spider Queens can be killed with enough befriended spiders.
  • Large amount of spiders make short work of treeguards, use them to collect your living logs.
  • Keep a bunch of dens for feeding/farming, and another group of dens (4 or more) separated and not farmed, as protection. If you rely on spiders to protect you from hounds, and you've been farming the dens, not many spiders will be there during the attack. Always run to your protection dens instead.
  • On the surface keep your dens covered by lighting rod, and flingo range. Dens burn really easily.
  • Leave tier 2 or 3 dens next to mactusks houses, by the time you try to kill the mactusk, he will be too busy fighting spiders, making him an easy target.
  • At this point pre-rework spiders don't offer much against all bosses that have AOE damage (bearger, deerclops, toadstool, etc). Don't bother to take them to battle against those, its a sad sight. However Spider queens do fare well against those , so you can take the bosses next to the queens and their AOE damage will aggro the queens.
  • Spider Queens also kill hound waves and depth worms rather quickly, so despite you can't befriend them, they are neutral towards you, and you can run around them until whatever chases you starts fighting the queen
  • The absolute excess of silk you will have in no time can be used to craft sewing kits, tents, and specially a lot of bird traps. With a lot of bird traps around, you will have an endless supply of morsels, which combined with your supply of monster meat, will let you to make bacon and eggs your basic source of food (It is better than just eating monster meat raw, or making meatballs, bacon and eggs have a long spoilage time, give 75 hunger and 20 health). 

You can also put a bunch of rabbit traps down, which will catch spiders who wander into them without making all the rest aggressive to you and you can collect the following resources randomly when checking the trap-

Monster Meat, Silk Or Spider Gland.

7 hours ago, thistownneedsguns said:

hello,

i'm looking for some advices to paly this cute guy please share everything you have. i wanna swim in monster meat :)

basically just base near a large amount of spiders, feed one, and then go to hit one and back up right as you do the animation but before it takes damage. This way your followers will still attack the spider but nothing will agro you, and then just enjoy the amount of free monster meat.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can also put a bunch of rabbit traps down, which will catch spiders who wander into them without making all the rest aggressive to you and you can collect the following resources randomly when checking the trap-

Monster Meat, Silk Or Spider Gland.

This is the sort of thing I did when I did not know how to play. It takes longer to gather the resources for the traps, to place them and to check them than it would take a Webber to get whatever you are getting out of them.

OP, don't do it.

4 hours ago, Majestix said:

This is the sort of thing I did when I did not know how to play. It takes longer to gather the resources for the traps, to place them and to check them than it would take a Webber to get whatever you are getting out of them.

OP, don't do it.

No dude.. you misunderstand I guess lol, DEAD CENTER of my Webber Base is at least two Tier 3 Spider Egg Nest, this serves several purposes actually- it keeps other non-Webber players OUT of my base which helps to prevent Willow Grieving, AND it allows me to always have food, silk and spider glands all around me at all times. I didn’t mean to just go around placing the traps around every Spider Nest you see.. that WOULD be a waste of resources, lol.

• Excessive Monster Meats can be converted into Eggs, and then into Gold Nuggets via Pig King.
  • To recruit Spider Warriors, knock a few Tier 2/3 Spider Nest at dusk and run away until they lose aggro, then come back to feed them.
  • Equip Spider Hat and knock a Spider Nest to start a war during the Day or to recruit spiders. You can immediately feed the recruited spiders and then take off the Spider Hat to save durability.
  • Use Hutch to lure out Cave Spiders, or Glommer/Chester to lure out Shattered Spiders.
  • Spider war is annoying during Winterfeast event due to all the candies dropped. :(

On 21.12.2019 at 7:50 AM, Ezaroth said:
  • Excessive Monster Meats can be converted into Eggs, and then into Gold Nuggets via Pig King.
  • To recruit Spider Warriors, knock a few Tier 2/3 Spider Nest at dusk and run away until they lose aggro, then come back to feed them.
  • Equip Spider Hat and knock a Spider Nest to start a war during the Day or to recruit spiders. You can immediately feed the recruited spiders and then take off the Spider Hat to save durability.
  • Use Hutch to lure out Cave Spiders, or Glommer/Chester to lure out Shattered Spiders.
  • Spider war is annoying during Winterfeast event due to all the candies dropped. :(

well i fed 2 spiders and then attacked one and got like 4 spiders going after me.. the ones who were fighting ate the meat so i even lost one meat out of that. :(

17 minutes ago, thistownneedsguns said:

well i fed 2 spiders and then attacked one and got like 4 spiders going after me.. the ones who were fighting ate the meat so i even lost one meat out of that. :(

You have to cancel the attack animation before the attack hits.

On 12/19/2019 at 12:02 PM, Mike23Ua said:

you can totally eat Monster Lasagna it’s good for you..

Two cooked monster meat (18 + 18) is already just about the hunger value that monster lasagna gives you. (37.5) do not try to make monster lasagna, it will always be a net loss in hunger.

Archived