Year of the Carrat

Every year we get a new Chinese New Year event, bringing to us cool new items and mobs to mess with! What i'm wondering is what will next year, The Year of the Carrat (Just assuming what the name is going to be) bring to the Constant? Maybe it could bring some neat twists on pre-existing New Year items and make them more Lunar-ized, or perhaps some New Year themed seafaring items? (A boat/sail that resembles a Lucky Beast?) Or perhaps some Chinese themed food, since the Carrat is a food item itself. (Like a Chinese Mooncake, which would fit with the Lunar theme!)

yearofthecarrat.png

It looks like that is possible, if Klei follows the pattern they have been by using similar animals in the game from the Calendar.(Gobbler/Rooster, Hound/Dog, Pig/Pig)  This would mean Beefalo(Ox), ???(Tiger), Rabbit/Bunnyman(rabbit), ???(Dragon), ???(Snake), ???(Horse), Voltgoat(Goat), and Splemunky(Monkey) are possible. 

With that in mind what in the world would the ???'s be....or do you think Klei would add something in the years to come to fill those unknowns?

53 minutes ago, trinket_4 said:

Year of Dragonfly

I did not even think of that one and now I feel silly. Although do you think they would use a boss creature vs the current pattern of non boss critters?

59 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Well with the seas being updated.... maybe it's not out of the realm of possibility to eventually add the tiger shark from shipwrecked?

I did consider Tiger Shark however same statement above applies:  Would they use a boss over a lesser creature.

Maybe for tiger we could have a Catcoon, or Webber's tiger skin. For snakes we could have depthworms, since they are both slithery (Kind of a stretch). For Horse... the closest thing I can think of is a knight, they make horse noises and have a horse head. (This is a edit of a previous message since I wanted to add on, quoting is weird with edits so this is responding to Duplo52's first post)

11 hours ago, BoySyrup said:

Maybe for tiger we could have a Catcoon, or Webber's tiger skin. For snakes we could have depthworms, since they are both slithery (Kind of a stretch). For Horse... the closest thing I can think of is a knight, they make horse noises and have a horse head. (This is a edit of a previous message since I wanted to add on, quoting is weird with edits so this is responding to Duplo52's first post)

Catcoons I would agree have stripes but that is a stretch given how different the animals are.  Webber is a [Spider]character and that specifically is a skin.  What would that year be? Year of Webbers Tiger Skin? lol.  I like depth worms for snakes, I did forget about them, so spot on.  Knight would make some sense but then the question is this: Is it the year of the knight or the year of the clockworks?  honestly I think that is more of a stretch than the depth worms lol.

10 hours ago, Duplo52 said:

Catcoons I would agree have stripes but that is a stretch given how different the animals are.  Webber is a [Spider]character and that specifically is a skin.  What would that year be? Year of Webbers Tiger Skin? lol.  I like depth worms for snakes, I did forget about them, so spot on.  Knight would make some sense but then the question is this: Is it the year of the knight or the year of the clockworks?  honestly I think that is more of a stretch than the depth worms lol.

I mentioned Webber's Skin as a joke, these are definetly stretches but I can't think of anything closer. (If we had the Shipwrecked mobs we would have alot more options.)

On 12/9/2019 at 11:03 PM, Duplo52 said:

It looks like that is possible, if Klei follows the pattern they have been by using similar animals in the game from the Calendar.(Gobbler/Rooster, Hound/Dog, Pig/Pig)  This would mean Beefalo(Ox), ???(Tiger), Rabbit/Bunnyman(rabbit), ???(Dragon), ???(Snake), ???(Horse), Voltgoat(Goat), and Splemunky(Monkey) are possible. 

With that in mind what in the world would the ???'s be....or do you think Klei would add something in the years to come to fill those unknowns?

Gobbler (Rooster), Hound (Dog), Pigman (Pig), Carrat (Rat), Beefalo (Ox), Catcoon (Tiger), Bunnyman (Rabbit), Dragonfly (Dragon), Depths Worm (Snake), Clockwork Knight (Horse), Voltgoat (Goat) and Splumonkey (Monkey).

Fixed.

12 hours ago, BoySyrup said:

Here you go, an N-Shaped Ox! Made in the lab within 5 minutes!

Untitled.png

And now I want to know how this would walk...or does it have 4 legs still?  Does it walk in the direction its head is like normal, or does it walk like a biped/human and walk straight at us as is...either way it is terrifying.

3 minutes ago, Duplo52 said:

And now I want to know how this would walk...or does it have 4 legs still?  Does it walk in the direction its head is like normal, or does it walk like a biped/human and walk straight at us as is...either way it is terrifying.

Perhaps It walks exactly like a crab.

8 hours ago, Duplo52 said:

Year of Carrat confirmed in the update post! Either you had inside information or they liked the idea.  Now we will see how many animals we have it right in the years to come!

I probably didn't have inside information, unless Klei themselves put that thought inside of my head.

Archived