Y'all think stone fruit bushes need tuning?

Y'all think stone fruit bushes need tuning ?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should Stone fruit bushes be nerfed?

I find that they should be nerfed a little bit, since they don't spoil, grow on winter, yield 3 fruits at a time and grow as soon as 2 days. I'd suggest nerfing the regrowth time to 5-10 days, since the trip to the moon ain't that expensive to justify 

I think you should change the poll to say "yes" and "no" rather than the current version. Neither option accurately describes my opinion, because I don't think they need tuning, but I don't think they're "barely of any use".

They've got those things you listed going for them, but they also have quite a few downsides to consider:
- Not every fruit is guaranteed to be edible. Only about 2/3 (65%) of them will be.
- The fruit needs to be mined before it may be edible. Whether be it through explosives, pickaxes or character-specific abilities, the fact that time needs to be put into actually getting the food item can't be disregarded. Also important to note that you need to both mine and pick up the fruit, so explosives for example can't be considered an "instant" mine because they require little time from the player to do the mining process.
- Ripe stone fruit has a really fast spoilage rate (rots in 3 days)

In its current state, I think it's good as-is. I find it to be a worthy competitor to the other food sources available in the game, and it has a unique use as a filler crock pot ingredient you can stockpile large amounts of. Maybe the growth speed can be reduced to somewhere around 3-4 days if necessary, but I really don't think it should be increased as much as you're suggesting.

If you focus on them as a main food source like I did in my Wurt world, you'll find yourself working on them very often,. Also transplanted ones will get diseased, and require constant fertilization. Getting to replace them all with enough sprouts (to avoid disease and fertilization) takes quite a long time and loads of hard work.

In the end you get an okay-ish all year round vegetable source which is both time and resource intensive to maintain. I believe it's best left as a secondary food source rather than main source. Getting stones is great too, to be able to start building walls and statues without having to wait for petrification.

I say let them stay as they are for all the effort it involves getting to the moon island, and then harvesting them.

I never use berry/juicy bushes because stone fruit is just way better. Before you know it, you will have chests full of avocado rocks. And by that time you can blow hundreds of them up with just one slurtle slime and use the ridiculous amount of avocado as pierogis/ash (by burning)/poop (with werepig)/rot and rocks are always useful. Definitely op by trivializing hunger and need for fertilizer, rocks, ash, but that's not to say they should or will change. I don't think they will.

16 hours ago, Electroely said:

I think you should change the poll to say "yes" and "no" rather than the current version. Neither option accurately describes my opinion, because I don't think they need tuning, but I don't think they're "barely of any use".

They've got those things you listed going for them, but they also have quite a few downsides to consider:
- Not every fruit is guaranteed to be edible. Only about 2/3 (65%) of them will be.
- The fruit needs to be mined before it may be edible. Whether be it through explosives, pickaxes or character-specific abilities, the fact that time needs to be put into actually getting the food item can't be disregarded. Also important to note that you need to both mine and pick up the fruit, so explosives for example can't be considered an "instant" mine because they require little time from the player to do the mining process.
- Ripe stone fruit has a really fast spoilage rate (rots in 3 days)

In its current state, I think it's good as-is. I find it to be a worthy competitor to the other food sources available in the game, and it has a unique use as a filler crock pot ingredient you can stockpile large amounts of. Maybe the growth speed can be reduced to somewhere around 3-4 days if necessary, but I really don't think it should be increased as much as you're suggesting.

Thanks for the feedback!

Strong as it is, that strength has allowed me to keep public server players alive a lot longer than their sort would normally survive in the past without the usual need for constant babysitting. Like, it's getting to where there are more than 2 people left in servers after Winter hits.
That was a monumental rarity on pubs before the bushes.

The stone fruit bushes are ridiculously overtuned...but they do at least serve a purpose.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:52 PM, JosePapp said:

I find that they should be nerfed a little bit, since they don't spoil, grow on winter, yield 3 fruits at a time and grow as soon as 2 days. I'd suggest nerfing the regrowth time to 5-10 days, since the trip to the moon ain't that expensive to justify 

I think you should really wait to judge that until AFTER all the Return of Them Updates are completed..

Klei said that they would be adding more content to both the sea AND the Islands during these Updates....

So I’m expecting some pretty big stuff in 2020.

If I can find the actual Dev post I will link it here.

1B0522D3-22AB-4A2B-9D1A-48DD8638C105.jpeg

Archived