Make Leafy Meat more useful

So, in two of my big worlds I have a leafy meat farm just in case as a last ditch resource for food, but the only thing you can do with leafy meat is cook it over a fire, you cant dry it, make recipes with it, Even Warly and wurt have no use for it since they can't even eat it since for wurt it counts as meat, and Warly can't cook it making it really useless for the two of them. When Warly came out I was sort of hoping they would make leafy meat a crockpot ingredient since warly can cook volt goat horns and nightmare fuel. Hopefully they can make a new crockpot recipe and have leafy meat count as a meat item maybe or atleast something more useful that way lure plants and maybe the lunar animal/ plant hybrids(which also drop leafy meat) can have a better use for collecting them. 

5 hours ago, Lammarr said:

You can turn leafy meat into eggs.

I know but, you can do that with any meat item, I mean uses with the leafy meat itself. Leafy Meat is a really Creative idea that feels under valued as of now, especially the meat bulbs since their basically the only way to mass produce leafy meat unless you want to do a mass genocide on the lunar island, But stats dont really make leafy meat that good on it's own either, especially since it rots really fast. Like what I said before, they need to find a better use for leafy meat other then people just letting it rot or just using it as egg fillers!

I like to make a mini forest near my pig farm (prior to thurible), and gather a bunch of leafy meats to befriend them with. You can end up with like 8 followers to chop with and without any loss of valuable meat items (since this cannot be used in a crock pot). Think of this as "free follower contracts" that you can use when you want free labor.

Maybe additionally allow it to deduct or grant a sizeable amount of sanity based on whether it's cooked or not similar to green mushrooms, making them good sanity snacks or moon isle insanity treasures from Carrats. Don't think it'd break Moon Isle too hard if you tweak the numbers since Carrats aren't Butterfly-level easy to catch.

Another idea might be to allow it to slow hunger depletion for a short while since it's veggies and meat? Like, being more nutritious and stuff? Iunno

It would be interesting if it could be used in place of meat in the crockpot to create meat dishes that are actually vegetables ones.

For example, "Leafy Meatballs" or "Leafy Honeyed Ham".

It wouldn't even need a different image really, just the prefix.

It's should became a vegan meat. I mean you should able to cook "vegan meatballs", "vegan kebabs". Its should fill stomach lesser but health more. It's would be good for challenging and for wurt too. 

Archived