Don't Starve by a professional orchestra

This is beautiful af ! Especially the Starver's Carol at 2:48 that I was listening like this giphy.gif.5c7bf93a3740ea00603bac9326d76aa1.gif, which was always the best song to me.

Stunning job from french pals btw, I had to sub to this channel earlier. :wilson_goodjob:

4 hours ago, Moonatik said:

And what about the music on the moon biome ? Will we have one ?

17 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

For that I'd like the music that erroneously replaced Autumn when Woodie rework was first released.

We have it, and it's exactly that! Here it is if you're curious:

Spoiler

Warning!!! Over-the-top analysis of a game and its soundtrack that I just happen to find some depth to ahead:

Ragtime playing right after the Survivor's Carol got me right back to the first time I completed Adventure Mode in single DS. After leaving your world to go through 5 harsh worlds in search of a resolution to your adventure, you get to the throne room, this dark sombre place where you are about to finally confront the man who threw you into the Constant, the reason of your character's suffering... but right as you step in, you faintly hear this silly upbeat song in the distance. That's the sound you follow as you approach the throne and Maxwell through the dark hallway. It 'undercuts' the whole climax in a beautiful way that makes you confront the futility of trying to find a grandiose and meaningful end to survival. You also find out that that same song has been tormenting Maxwell for a long, long time, that his torment has been very different than that of your character. That while you were out there being allowed to have a narrative of your existence, Maxwell was trapped and chained in sameness. But now here you are, in the same place for different reasons, but with this song making fun of both of you.

So the contrast of that with Survivor's Carol's sad melody alluding to the hardships of survival, reminded me of this. That there is the search for resolution, there is sameness, and there is survival (with hardships and all), and Ragtime will be there to make fun of two of those. So the philosophy I take from Don't Starve is one of tending to and caring for your own story, more than wasting time leaving it (through Maxwell's portal or other means,) seeking revenge or confrontation with what you can't change. You have to find your meaning within your survival, and not outside of it. Keep building your base, y'know?

Emotional over-the-top analysis over.

DS has one of the best game melodies. But the perfection and harmony of the orchestra. It's absolutely incredibly good and very entertaining to hear. I'm very glad they chose DS and his tunes. I was most interested in Starver's Carol on 2:49.

Archived