Wortox Chicken Dance gif?

Unfortunately you won't be able to find one with a transparent background.

DLC characters' assets are encrypted and those capable of extracting them have been request by Klei to refrain from distributing them.

This includes transparent anims such as this.

EDIT: I have been corrected [proven wrong] as of this post. My apologies for the mistake.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:30 PM, Fearling said:

Does anyone have a gif of Wortox doing the chicken dance with a transparent background?

webp (2.86 MiB, 30 FPS, lossy compression):

Spoiler

wortoxchicken.webp

apng (4.33 MiB, 30 FPS, lossless compression):

Spoiler

wortoxchicken.png.b91e577361a2bd4ca63a0fb5f7b79a82.png

gif (1.53 MiB, 33 FPS, no partial transparency and plays noticeably faster):

Spoiler

wortoxchicken.gif.8341defe815cf2c76287462cd3cd5909.gif

On 26. 10. 2019 at 2:53 PM, Jessie223 said:

they never said you can't post skins with a transparent background, just that you shouldn't share the unencrypted assets

This is literally talking to a brick wall.

On 26. 10. 2019 at 6:28 AM, Zeklo said:

Unfortunately you won't be able to find one with a transparent background.

DLC characters' assets are encrypted and those capable of extracting them have been request by Klei to refrain from distributing them.

This includes transparent anims such as this.

edit: smh I have been really dumb and overthinking about this again.

I spent like over a month overthinking and predicting uncanny scenarios.

Im sorry Joe, Jesse, BeeQueen and literally everyone else.

15 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

He and me have been here for a long time, we both know that Klei doesn't want the skins leaked with transparency.

Meanwhile you joined this october and don't know any better.

i have been playing don't starve together since 2015, you are just being ridiculous

here's a post from 2017 from someone that can decrypt the assets: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/75185-where-are-the-texture-files-for-character-skins/?do=findComment&comment=876272

Klei's made it clear to me that I may not redistribute the method or binary to keep their assets somewhat secure against people reuploading them as "mods" to the workshop, increasing their workload for having to monitor the workshop to remove such mods

klei is only against redistributing the assets (aka stuff you can use to display skins in-game) so that people may not use them for illegitimate purposes

i uploaded a short gif of an animation, you cannot do anything with it other than look at it; klei isn't losing money from this

quit being silly, please

8 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Can't wait until Klei makes the encryption harder thanks to this post, its not like the people behind the decompiler spent months trying to find a way to decrypt the current one -_-

who cares, you're not supposed to decrypt them lol

1 minute ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Because there are things in the Modded Community that I can not reveal involving dyn encryption

The point of encrypting files is that no one uses them for their mods, not a select few do so. This is just selfish.

And plus, you say "Modded Community" but I make mods, I browse the modding subforum and I haven't seen anyone talk about dyn files relating to mods in any way. And the fact that you "can not reveal" shows that this is just something you want for your personal gain, not the modding community's.

27 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

-Snip-

So, did I get this right, you are stealing them, so that none else can steal them? Even though anyone would realistically still be able to steal them. And you just implied Electroely steals?

Just now, Cosheeta said:

So, did I get this right, you are stealing them, so that none else can steal them? Even though anyone would realistically still be able to steal them. And you just implied Electroely steals?

No, Im protecting my own work from art thieves, if that's so wrong Im out of this community

Okay this looks like a mess.

And I can only assume half the comments are missing/hidden due to the amount of quotes to nonexistent posts.

If someone has a picture of a Klei dev saying not to post transparents, post it and be done with the conversation.
Otherwise I guess this lad's fine if there's no saying in text.

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

If someone has a picture of a Klei dev saying not to post transparents, post it and be done with the conversation.

this will never happen because klei never said this, ivocze just made it up

all klei asked for is to not post the assets themselves (meaning the spritesheets), because they didn't want people making mods that just let you use skins you don't own

Hey Everybody - Just popping in here to follow up. Thanks @ImDaMisterL

There are no issues posting transparent gifs. We have issues with people posting raw files for the purpose of circumventing ownership of the DLC. To my knowledge any effort to obscure the gifs by having a grey background would be self imposed, I am not aware of any such request from us. 

As a general rule, we don't try to be restrictive in what people do, but at the same time - we're not going to facilitate people working around paying us for our work. That's not what is going on here. Anybody who wants to circumvent the DLC is going to be using raw files, not transparent gifs. Having any of these as gifs doesn't really help that in any reasonable way other than seeing what it is supposed to look like. 

So what was requested is that those capable of decrypting those files to not distribute the decrypted files - not gifs that could be made from those decrypted files. Basically don't distribute usable assets. A gif is not a usable asset, nor is it a decrypted file. 

I do appreciate the concern though. Thanks for those that tried to defend what you believed to be our position. 

What I would like to ask is that everybody in this thread try not to hold it against each other in this argument. Everybody here meant well, and nobody here was malicious or meant to do anything wrong. 

Archived