So... Who came up with the title "Hook, line, and inker"?

We have no idea if Ant Chovies will return, as their removal was intentional, but I'd kill to see them return.
Maybe they're what Wurt's gotta hold as her pet? Could be up to debate.

The use of the word inker almost confirms we're getting a new Octopus or Squid creature.
I'm almost hoping it's not a boss, I want more neutral or hostile ocean mobs that can relate to Squids sometime soon, though.

I do think this is the fishing update, too! The unfinished nets, the unadded fishing rod code, all those treats.

7 hours ago, -Variant said:

The use of the word inker almost confirms we're getting a new Octopus or Squid creature.

I feel so dumb
My first thought reading that word was "comic book drawing process" and I couldn't make it fit unless Klei would start throwing artists into the sea or something

but yes
squids

1 hour ago, Mooagain said:

Maybe we'll get a Quacken ported over from SW, with different mechanics to fit the new boats?

Klei hasn't ported a single thing from any DLC to DST. I'm certain they're not gonna start now.

Also to note even with a rework Quacken doesn't fit DST's ocean or boat mechanics at all. What makes Quacken bearable in SW is speed, and tiny boats. Having clumped up tentacles with this huge chunky wooden cookie is gonna be annoying. Plus I want a new ocean threat! 

1 hour ago, AdventZen said:

My first thought reading that word was "comic book drawing process"

Hah, gotta keep your mind to the waters!

1 hour ago, AdventZen said:

Klei would start throwing artists into the sea or something

I could've sworn they did that for a daily practice. If they haven't started doing that now I will. ;}

7 hours ago, -Variant said:

Also to note even with a rework Quacken doesn't fit DST's ocean or boat mechanics at all. What makes Quacken bearable in SW is speed, and tiny boats. Having clumped up tentacles with this huge chunky wooden cookie is gonna be annoying. Plus I want a new ocean threat! 

Who says a reworked Quacken would be anything like SW's, though? I had an idea for a DST Quacken a while back where the fight would be based around baiting the Quacken into slapstick, like having it slap itself with its own tentacles, shooting a cannon into its mouth while it's coughing up an ink ball, or tricking it into surfacing below the boat and bumping its head. The Quacken would always avoid letting the boat near its head normally, so you'd have to stun it in ways like that for a chance to attack.

Klei's certainly never reworked something to this extreme before, but that doesn't mean the Quacken would have to be a direct port from SW but with DST's boat mechanics.

8 hours ago, -Variant said:

what if (under the idea that quacken's tentacles are much more spread apart ) you had get super close to the quacken's face and once you were sufficiently close you would grapple the quacken's beak and pull on it and then launch it back at the quacken  to do damage and you had to do this about 3 times to defeat her

Inker sounds like a squid.. I doubt it will be anything besides some huge optional boss you’ll need to fight.

but curiously the game does have Snorkeling outfits, I don’t think they do anything outside of being just cosmetics, but I think it would be cool if they went a bit more “Minecraft” Style Ocean exploration with it.

With actual working snorkeling outfits and an underwater biome full of stuff (because Jellyfish and various other types of Sea Critter are already in the games code)

Especially if they plan to add Woodlegs to the game at some point because A Pirate is always bound to find treasure under the sea in a sunken pirate ship. :D

Archived