Suggest How To Make Characters More Unique!

Many of the developers have mention on multiple occasions that the characters will soon be overhauled to the point where your selection matters more and makes more changes to the way you play the game.Right now, the selection is lack-luster when considering mechanics. I usually just pick a character based on personality and looks, because personally I just look at the list and go "Ehh none of these abilities really entice me." With some changes to this, hopefully we'll all be staring at the selection screen unable to decide which character we want to play more.The point of this thread is to post your ideas and suggestions for how to go about doing this. I believe Kevin has mentioned before that he wants certain abilities to be activated with a cooldown (such as Wendy's perk). There are many ways to go about making the characters feel significantly different, what are your suggestions?Just in case, here are the specific perks that each character currently has:Wilson- Grows beard hairs with which to craft meat effigiesWillow- When in darkness, she will spawn a small fireWendy- Every evening has a 33% chance of spawning AbigailWolfgang- Double damage, double health, double stomachWX-78- No penalty for eating stale or spoiled foodWickerbottom- Automatically unlocks all Science Machine recipesWes- Lower health, damage, and stomach. Burns food at faster rate

Edited by Sliver

Well maybe some characters can't research anything until a certain point. Such as Wilson and Wickerbottom can from the get go, maybe Wolfgang or Wes need some kind of "motivation" or something to give them hope as to why they need to even consider science.

That was by far my worst idea yet.

There are serious lacks of "flavor" in the characters. Most of them are mundane when it comes to affecting gameplay. I could survive almost as well as Wilson using Wendy; the only difference would be the witty comments. However, I do feel that buffing any of the characters would further unbalance the current situation. I think we need more aggressive disadvantages to the characters.

Kevin said he was planning on giving them some type of cool down ability correct?I imagine Willow would do something like set all enemies on fire that are near her in an AOE attack.Wolfgang could flex his muscles and scare away enemies.Wilson could convert nearby enemies to fight for him with the power of science.Wendy would be able to summon the Ghost at will and it would no longer do dmg to her. WX-78 could feign death and lose all aggro. Wickerbottom could go "Shhhh!" and put enemies to sleep. Wes: His power would cause him to suicide and die a horrible death, because he's hard mode and shouldn't have an ability.

Wes: His power would cause him to suicide and die a horrible death, because he's hard mode and shouldn't have an ability.

His special should make him mime out things with a chance to die. So the first time you do it you go, "Oh, hey that was cute, I'll do that again." And THEN it kills you.

Wes is hard mode, he shouldn't have a perk.

I disagree on this. Wes needs to have some (tiny little) advantage... or give the player something special when defeating maxwell etc... There is no point in giving all the characters cool abilities and Wes nothing but silly moves. Wes can still be a hardcore character but please give him at least the ability to warn the player more early for hound attacks or something little like that.Like most people I am not that of a hardcore player but please give me ONE reason to play as Wes.:love_heart:please?

I disagree on this. Wes needs to have some (tiny little) advantage... or give the player something special when defeating maxwell etc... There is no point in giving all the characters cool abilities and Wes nothing but silly moves. Wes can still be a hardcore character but please give him at least the ability to warn the player more early for hound attacks or something little like that.

Like most people I am not that of a hardcore player but please give me ONE reason to play as Wes.:love_heart:please?

Wes can fly.

Posted Image