Petition to have characters refer to bernie with the ashley skin as Ashley

When playing as Willow, i commonly prefer to use the Ashley skin for bernie. But it can get a little annoying when Ashley is on the ground, and when a character examines her, that they call them "bernie" rather than "ashley"

I know this is a stupidly small thing, but it would add a lot of character to bernie and ashley

They already have the quotes and code set up.

I respect their decision to not do it, but I also feel like it's really silly.

You can just say it's Bernie, they look nearly the same and are the only toy/bear like things in the game.

Otherwise I figured parenthesis would be a simple fix.
Ashly (Bernie) or the like.

Perhaps a game option could be added to toggle 'alternative' strings (which would be turned off by default). Not sure how much development resource this would require to implement, but like @Well-met is pointing out, said efforts could probably be used better elsewhere.

This is a small thing and a relatively easy change, but I think it can quickly bloat the requirements for the dev and even increase the already high entry cost for new players.

If we renamed alts, it's no longer obvious they are alts of a default, especially the more diverse the selection of alts and the disparity they have from the original. Just imagine if all the Football Helmet skins had different names.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:14 PM, DarkPulse91 said:

Im only talking about Ashley, Due to the nature of it being an actual name rather than it being an object.

Actual name like 'Mourning Veil', 'Dragonfly Haramaki' and 'Nox Helmet'

I totally feel you, but I trust the devs on this one

Actually I would like the option to spawn into the game with Ashley instead of it defaulting to Bernie until a gather the gear required to craft one.

its really annoying for me because you can’t really craft a secondary Bernie/Ashley until late up into the game... and I feel if I bought the other skin I should have the option to use it when I spawn into the world.

Archived