Lots of Griefer Teams Back

Last two games in a row.    The first one was obvious a team of Willows and others (4), who burned everything, hammered it all down and took items.   

Second team of griefers was more sophisticated, they played for quite a while then suddenly all died within 3 minutes of each other, then voted to restart game and they had the votes to override.

What did the second "team" die from? It's not that uncommon for a group of oblivious friends to regen the world since, well, its a pub so it doesn't matter.

Are they inconsiderate pricks? Yes.
Are they griefers? Eeeeehhh...

I play on console, and on console I can roll my servers back to before the idiots ever stepped foot into my game. 

I absolutely love this feature and think all games should have something similar, what better way is there to troll griefers then to make everything they’ve done never have happened at all? 

18 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Nicks? Steam profiles? Pictures? Where was? Would be nice to know about who you wrote ^^

Posting these things on this forum is forbidden under the name and shame rules set forth.

However, information as to which server was affected and what actions were done are not.

This being said, there's little to be discussed other than this post being a heads up if you play on public servers to be weary of similar activity.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I play on console, and on console I can roll my servers back to before the idiots ever stepped foot into my game. 

I absolutely love this feature and think all games should have something similar, what better way is there to troll griefers then to make everything they’ve done never have happened at all? 

This one willow came onto my server and started burning everything, rolled back to before she chose a character and spawned inside the bone cage at spawn. Poked fun at her then banned. Yup I sure do love this rollback system 

There are many public servers where you can report griefers in the steam group, so they get banned. You just need some evidence (sreenshots) and the Steam ID. There is no such system on the official Klei servers. Just be careful to build the base far enough from spawn.

14 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

Elaborate on this please, I'm very interested on what you are talking about.

Take some fossils (very common from mining cave spider dens) and place them down in a circle or square around spawn. They can be placed practically inside of one another and are Indestructible unless you have a hammer, which newcomers will never have.

Personally I have a lazy deserter inside the cage to transport people out once I gauge then as being non griefers (simple test of saying hi. Griefers for the most part are silent and do not like being reminded there are people on the other side of the monitor)

54 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Take some fossils (very common from mining cave spider dens) and place them down in a circle or square around spawn. They can be placed practically inside of one another and are Indestructible unless you have a hammer, which newcomers will never have.

no offense, just want you to know there is a character named Wortox

3 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

no offense, just want you to know there is a character named Wortox

Most are kind and smart enough to know not to go outside. Plus it's mostly just to keep the willows in. Yes torches exist, bit I haven't encountered a single griefer that wasn't a willow. Griefers are lazy, figure that.

1 hour ago, Brago-sama said:

Most are kind and smart enough to know not to go outside. Plus it's mostly just to keep the willows in. Yes torches exist, bit I haven't encountered a single griefer that wasn't a willow. Griefers are lazy, figure that.

I’m officially joining servers and greifing as Were-Moose thanks to you. Muwhahahahaha!

3 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Funny enough, the only griefer's i have ever come across have been Wilsons.

1 hour ago, Mencken said:

The second team died by freezing and darkness all within a few minutes of each other, then they voted to restart game.   5 players.

Well, that's how survival servers work... not much you can do against it on a public server if you're alone. Either go for endless or moderated servers if you want to continue playing on a world. Public survivals are just for casual chilling, learning new people and the game.

Archived