Boat Adventures Showcase!

Welcome, everyone! Someone in the forums suggested there be a thread for nice/cool/interesting/efficient/noteworthy boat designs and I really liked this idea as a big fan of sailing in DST. So, I shall henceforth open the thread with my first boat showcase. It shall be a compilation of screenshots of DST boats and life on these boats. I'd like to see how interesting boats people here can come up with. This thread is all about boats. Www.boats.com, 7/24 Boats. All boats, all the time. If it interests noone, so be it, if people show interest, than SET SAIL! Ships AHOOY!

Boat.thumb.png.3a609670239191cf605f3e7affcb2c0b.png

A simple boat with many facilities sets sails off the shores of Savannah, carrying battle-ready Wise Old Lady and the Warlord Wes. Will the sneaky puffin manage to poop on them before getting beaten to a pulp by the ores of the duo? only time shall tell. 

Also I think Ocuvigils perform their best on boats as they move and reveal whole journeys to the rest of the players.

I like when it looks symmetrical, which is not something easy to do with those boaty things :p

And And ANd! Have you created some kind of harbor for your boat? Mine is quite rudimentary, its gonna evolve for sure and I'd like to have and see your ideas. 

And if you have no harbor cause it's pointless... Well go figure, you just don't get it  >:P   But I wish I might stimulate the idea of it in the community

Capture d’écran 2019-09-28 à 7.12.33 PM.png

Capture d’écran 2019-09-28 à 7.13.52 PM.png

Capture d’écran 2019-09-28 à 7.15.01 PM.png

The harbor is looking really swell! Personally I never have the patience to chop trees so I only get one influx of wood a year after Bearger's visit and I somehow always run out before I get to the ground... Dry year currently as the dumbass Badger got himself KOd by a sudden garden of tree guards :<

5 hours ago, csc_unit said:

And And ANd! Have you created some kind of harbor for your boat

Oh, that harbor is beautiful, I love it! Haven't done it before but probably will. Closest thing I do is to always build the think tank right on the coast and not inside the base. I don't like it when people just put it in the middle of a cramped base like an Alchemy Engine or a Prehatistator, esoecially since it does that loud sound.

44 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

always build the think tank right on the coast and not inside the base.

Yes it is really not fitting to do it anywhere besides the coast. The structure also has a very 'harboresk" sound to it, like a lighthouse. Something important imo for a good harbor is to make it on a very narrow piece of land. Where I built mine is not the best shape imaginable, but it's kinda close to my main base. Something very narrow to make a dock would be nice

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Oh, that harbor is beautiful, I love it! Haven't done it before but probably will. Closest thing I do is to always build the think tank right on the coast and not inside the base. I don't like it when people just put it in the middle of a cramped base like an Alchemy Engine or a Prehatistator, esoecially since it does that loud sound.

I agree 100%, it's so aesthetically pleasing. If it weren't for the fact that I cant run DST servers, I'd be all over this idea.

(Although, I guess I could replicate it in SW)

1 minute ago, csc_unit said:

Amazing. I'm gonna copy it wether you like it or not :p

My pleasure! Make sure to place most non-naval structures first, and leave the chests, fridge, and naval structures last, since they are the ones easier to squeeze in.

Also that boat version had no automatic light source, so make sure to bring a headlamp and/or lantern for long trips.

1 minute ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Also that boat version had no automatic light source, so make sure to bring a headlamp and/or lantern for long trips

I need that fire pit :o  I'll replace your crockpot and fridge by the generator. The generator with the firepit and I'll just bring bundles of food :D 

On ‎2019‎年‎9‎月‎29‎日 at 7:25 AM, csc_unit said:

This looks really nice! I will borrow the idea of the pig house if you don't mind. And I'd like to imagine it as a fisherman house or lighthouse keeper or whatever. 

I crashed my boat thanks to my clumsiness, but since we are on the topic of harbor/dock building I'd also like to show my dock area:

Dock.png

Thank you to a fellow player from a pub server who inspired me on this design :D. I copied a few things but added my own modifications. The area is still unfinished and I am planning to add a few decorations around. I would also need to connect it to my main base which is just one screen away.

3 hours ago, BellumOmnes said:

I wish boats were more like the ones in Shipwrecked. I get that the idea is to sail with a friend, but I still prefer to play 95% of the time solo.

A good compromise could be some kind of canoe for one player where you cannot have a sail, only a paddle. Less fast, more control.

@Pimenteroo It is called "Beefalo widget"

Well I made a mark 2 weaponized boat, because I crashed the first one because of creative reasons. 

This one is slightly better because it has a firepit so you can use it during winter, still has a cooking station and a fridge so you can cool down a thermal, and it has much more storage space. You still need to have a luxury fan for the summer wildfires though. I'm starting to like the idea of having a main cave base and a mobile tiny floating base.

mark2.jpg

Well, the Winona discussion on the general topic listing taught me something! it Turns out Winona can use her duck tape as an alternative to boat patches. This makes the tape replicate the functions of both sewing kit and boat patch. It totally saved us multiple times in my last Klei server seafaring adventure as we didn't prepare any boat patches beforehand but we taped about five leaks during the time we toured all the coasts of the constant and looted the lunar island + archipelago all throughout the first winter and spring. Boat-wise it wasn't the prettiest but having a drying rack really helped with turning seaweeds to sanity. Had it not been an emergency departure at the start and had Warly initially, we could have had two more useful buildings like a flingomatic, ocuvigil or birdcage. Still, it served us as a great base in our time of need.

5dec341a047e1_WinonaBoatPatches.thumb.png.896c16379d5a495a4a71ee38be6c7e9b.png

Archived