Boat Adventures Showcase!

So that's the Ship of Fools Mk. I up there, which we didn't crash at the time but which did eventually go missing mysteriously after I sailed it to the moon and back, but I do have an improved boat design which I made more recently.

perfectboat.thumb.png.f4cf86588c56f18a09621240c6bca529.png

I discovered that you can shove an anchor between the masts, allowing me to transcend my previous boat layout limitations and cram in a chest full of boat things, an alchemy engine, a fire pit, an icebox, a crockpot, a mushroom farm (highly renewable source of food/crockpot filler with a small footprint), and the steering wheel that my boat needs in order to go places. I still had room to fit in a third mast but two is usually enough. I'm also not using a client mod for item placement, so that was all done with careful cursor positioning and patience.

Also I built a nice marina once, although I didn't do anything else with this server so it was kinda wasted.marina.thumb.png.b2ff3340d9dcf91187a598ae1d301ca1.png

5def465f03522_BoatMisadventures.thumb.jpg.4d5978bdf54c059bd59b14ca8646ae23.jpg

Oof, Fire Hounds and a boat is a bad mix. Just wanted to show the new sailing mechanics to my newb friends throughout winter but fire hounds showed up (not sure if this can happen on day 20 or was Autumn set to longer), burning everything we love and hold dear.

Just following this, a glitch turned Winona into Jesus as she could walk on water, but she eventually drowned, getting killed by the hounds.

On 2019-12-09 at 11:37 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

Oof, Fire Hounds and a boat is a bad mix. Just wanted to show the new sailing mechanics to my newb friends throughout winter but fire hounds showed up (not sure if this can happen on day 20 or was Autumn set to longer), burning everything we love and hold dear.

I think it's possible if the RNG hates you, because there's a 10% chance of elemental hounds starting on day 17 apparently.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:59 PM, cantbeatdaboss said:

This looks good but makes me claustrophobic 

Actually was plenty of space to walk around, even kite shadows. Bare in mind that lil boat served as complete mobile "headquarters" where I kept all my loot from quite a many battles (was constantly mushing Klaus). An interesting and fun experiment to say the least. Later on, in another iteration of that server, I "broke" its functionality concept into 3 - luxury, battle and fishing boat-combo:

luxury-battle-fishing_boat-combo_concept

Again this kind of "basing" I recommend if one wants mobility, versatility and function in a small package on servers that can be pretty hectic - see magic spoiler below, a friend's prtscr of some random Endless world spawn we both popped in for quality madness - and madness it was, heh: spider eggs placed in gate, bases burned 'n' crashed all around etc etc, loco world at its finest; not even caves were safe, as I found 2 bunnylads scorched villages and a crashed camp :distrust:

Spoiler

gate_madness

On 1/13/2020 at 6:06 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Actually was plenty of space to walk around, even kite shadows. Bare in mind that lil boat served as complete mobile "headquarters" where I kept all my loot from quite a many battles (was constantly mushing Klaus). An interesting and fun experiment to say the least. Later on, in another iteration of that server, I "broke" its functionality concept into 3 - luxury, battle and fishing boat-combo:

luxury-battle-fishing_boat-combo_concept

Again this kind of "basing" I recommend if one wants mobility, versatility and function in a small package on servers that can be pretty hectic - see magic spoiler below, a friend's prtscr of some random Endless world spawn we both popped in for quality madness - and madness it was, heh: spider eggs placed in gate, bases burned 'n' crashed all around etc etc, loco world at its finest; not even caves were safe, as I found 2 bunnylads scorched villages and a crashed camp :distrust:

Reveal hidden contents

gate_madness

This is really cool!

Archived