Skins in Hamlet

TheTraditionalGentleman

So I just picked up Hamlet today, and have never played it. I know very little about it, though the ability to roleplay some, buy and decorate a house, etc. sounds like a lot of fun. 

Though is there any word on the ability to use skins we gained in DST in this? Being able to change my character’s looks has really grown on me, and I feel like The Gorge skins would really fit the theme. I’d love playing as Gorge skin Woodie and trading in town. 

3 hours ago, Alexias said:

Dang, well hopefully they become official at some point. Thank you in the meantime!

14 minutes ago, MWY said:

well if they will, Klei will have to make skins for Winona, Wagstaff and Wheeler as well

True true. I’m really glad to be able to use skins, but I feel “dirty” lol. I’d much rather only have access to skins that I actually earned/bought. It’s not like it’s in DST, but I’d like it if our skins were transferable between games, and if we could earn them in DS too. 

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

5b8a20828993a_Arielcitationplease.png.2170891bff1bca2b075fae04d88132f3.png

it was a long long time ago....if you remember young wilson and burnt willow concepts...

it was during that time devs said they might include skins in DS and DST was just alpha.

p.s I'm not making this up, it was during that time when riding beeflow was still just an animation

Seems unlikely, and might be non-lore compliant?

Granted, I still remember back when "There is not, and will not ever be a multiplayer Don't Starve" was practically an automoderator response on the suggestions thread, so, y'know, things change.

1 hour ago, Rosten said:

Seems unlikely, and might be non-lore compliant?

Granted, I still remember back when "There is not, and will not ever be a multiplayer Don't Starve" was practically an automoderator response on the suggestions thread, so, y'know, things change.

And all the new community that came after DST was made now tells everyone that it's not a good thing to ask for stuff from DST to be put in DS cause it makes the game unbalanced or something.

God I just soo wana slap these guys in the face with what devs used to say about a Multiplayer version of DS in the early days.

28 minutes ago, MWY said:

And all the new community that came after DST was made now tells everyone that it's not a good thing to ask for stuff from DST to be put in DS cause it makes the game unbalanced or something.

God I just soo wana slap these guys in the face with what devs used to say about a Multiplayer version of DS in the early days.

The old person reason to not backport stuff is because it'd go against the story we've worked so hard to uncover xD

I do admit I'd like some stuff in DST to be ported to DS, but they are very different games from a lot of perspectives, gameplay wise, design wise, and even programming wise the structure of the code is fundamentally different, so it's probably a lot of effort to port stuff between them.

pls let me have wendyflower in solo though im begging you klei

13 minutes ago, Rosten said:

The old person reason to not backport stuff is because it'd go against the story we've worked so hard to uncover xD

I do admit I'd like some stuff in DST to be ported to DS, but they are very different games from a lot of perspectives, gameplay wise, design wise, and even programming wise the structure of the code is fundamentally different, so it's probably a lot of effort to port stuff between them.

pls let me have wendyflower in solo though im begging you klei

Well story hasn't moved further then Maxwell's ego in DS as of yet,

I am still waiting for the time when we will finally get an adventure mode or something similar in DS

or else DS has become nothing more then a Megabase Game now where instead of survival you instead make world wide bases and jump between worlds to expand your territory even more.

Lore and everything else is not relevant anymore.

Archived