[Game Update] - 367616

V2C

Can we lay off a bit please?

The last thing many people at their offices are going to see before the weekend is a lot of dissapointment, and that sucks because theres a lot of genuine good work thats gone into this update.

Edited by Ogrecakes
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, Paddlefruit said:

There are a bunch of really rude people calling the devs efforts garbage even though this update was really high quality.

Don't bite the hand that feeds ya

While I agree that there are some pretty big underlying concerns with the update (that I'm almost positive will be fixed relatively soon, considering they were looking for feedback anyways) I think people went way too far about displaying their disapproval. Very harsh towards the devs indeed, especially since they actually listen to their community unlike other development teams nowadays and usually always does what's best in the end. 

Edited by Owlrus98
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'd really like to test out this update and see it with my eyes whether people's concerns are grounded or not but I can't, the new autum theme is a game breaker for me.

Please Klei at least disclose some information about it you're acting like nothing happened but this is a bigger change than anything you could do to the canadian lumberjack character. Is this a permanent change? Is it temporary. Will the themes be alternating? Please give usome information... As others said these new themes are better suited to seafaring, not REPLACING the autumn themes everybody has gotten used to for years without an anouncement.

At this rate disabling Autumn and starting at spring brcame the only logical course of action.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

At this rate disabling Autumn and starting at spring brcame the only logical course of action.

You could try Mobbstar's mod that reverts back the music. While I like the new soundtracks, I think they don't fit into DST, at least not into the general autumn gameplay, but maybe the lunar island. I can't wait for Mobbstar to make the new music play only on the island.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1861315172

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

While I agree that there are some pretty big underlying concerns with the update (that I'm almost positive will be fixed relatively soon, considering they were looking for feedback anyways) I think people went way too far about displaying their disapproval. Very harsh towards the devs indeed, especially since they actually listen to their community unlike other development teams nowadays and usually always does what's best in the end. 

Though I wanted to jump into Woodie immediately today to play an OP menagerie of creatures and a dapper lumberjack and the short edged me with no Woodie backstory (his is arguably the most intriguing and longest-standing mystery imo) I have no doubt in my mind Klei are already working hard to make it right internally and have faith in em. They're one of the best dev teams I know of, everyone should remember all the stuff Klei has done for us and given to us - sure the passionate few are justified to blow up a bit, but no more than that. Our anger should be directed to all the gaming giants with fiascoes mistreating workers and doing shady **** (seriously, anyone notice how many companies are being exposed for these lately?) rather than lil ol' indie Klei that poured their hearts into Woodie and this game.

I myself love the new autumn songs. It fits the whole theme of sailing through the high seas and fighting a giant scaly seagull bird-thingy.

People here are being so rude to devs, Remember we are getting these updates for free. :(

Like it was said earlier: Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Love u klei. Keep up the good work. :) <3

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I'd really like to test out this update and see it with my eyes whether people's concerns are grounded or not but I can't, the new autum theme is a game breaker for me.

Please Klei at least disclose some information about it you're acting like nothing happened but this is a bigger change than anything you could do to the canadian lumberjack character. Is this a permanent change? Is it temporary. Will the themes be alternating? Please give usome information... As others said these new themes are better suited to seafaring, not REPLACING the autumn themes everybody has gotten used to for years without an anouncement.

After thousands of hours playing Don't Starve I've come to hate the old autumn themes. I already got around to changing them with a mod I'm working on, but Klei beat me to it.

Atleast there's mods if you really want to go back to the old boring ones.

Edited by Ogrecakes