Will Gorge be returned? 2 season

Hello, I would like to know if there will be a continuation of the Gorge event? The second season of the smithy event, I was very pleased, I would like to play Gorge again, is there any info on this? For earlier, I apologize for my illiterate English :( Thank you in advance.

8 minutes ago, Joefer said:

Hello, I would like to know if there will be a continuation of the Gorge event? The second season of the smithy event, I was very pleased, I would like to play Gorge again, is there any info on this? For earlier, I apologize for my illiterate English :( Thank you in advance.

Hard to say but probably yes. Warly is strongly connected to Gorge. At his update poster has Gorge background. I would expect events after all updates.

I would say very unlikely, though it would depend on future circumstances.

As per the DST 2019 Roadmap, they had fun making the events but there were several drawbacks to them and that the focus was going to be on in-game content for DST (The Return of Them Updates).

Here's the part of interest from the Roadmap:

Spoiler

While we enjoyed the events and are happy with the result, there were some drawbacks: 

• They took WAY longer to make than we expected, so we weren’t able to make as much content as we wanted, and it left little time to do things like bug fixes and Quality of Life updates for the base game.
  • Because we run the servers for these events, we also incurred the cost of these servers. Those of you who have been here a while know that Don’t Starve was not architected to be a multiplayer game, so running them on our servers was extremely inefficient. In short, even though we loved that everyone came to play, the item sales were only barely covering the costs of the servers.
  • We found that it was exceedingly difficult for us to run these events on console and as such underserved our console players.

It has been a valuable experience and we think the game is better for it, however we feel that it’s time that we turn our attention back to the core Don’t Starve Together experience: surviving together.

Said this over and over again, but they've put a lot of work and money into the assets, music, systems and mechanics, it'd be silly to let this big grand event that can be a huge source of exposure for them on social media and grab back players that enjoyed it as a majority of ppl have and attract others that missed it who've grown tired of base game back + change up gameplay to prevent burnout of passionate players through such an event divided from the base game.

All in all, from a logical standpoint of what I understand I would say they have to bring the events back someday, just not anytime soon as they focus on the base game introducing stuff that could even add to the events when they return i.e new chars and new mechanics from character refreshes... and in the meantime, they might even be able to find more affordable and cost efficient servers to more affordably host these events.

1 hour ago, Atkvin said:

Said this over and over again, but they've put a lot of work and money into the assets, music, systems and mechanics, it'd be silly to let this big grand event that can be a huge source of exposure for them on social media and grab back players that enjoyed it as a majority of ppl have and attract others that missed it who've grown tired of base game back + change up gameplay to prevent burnout of passionate players through such an event divided from the base game.

All in all, from a logical standpoint of what I understand I would say they have to bring the events back someday, just not anytime soon as they focus on the base game introducing stuff that could even add to the events when they return i.e new chars and new mechanics from character refreshes... and in the meantime, they might even be able to find more affordable and cost efficient servers to more affordably host these events.

I mean they could just release the assets locally so everyone can host it. Forge too.

unsure, they have been putting misleading signals around, Warly's Poster having a Gorge Background, seemingly like he was supposed to come with Gorge..? This whole great unknown thing that was supposed to make console players especially happy sounded like Gorge (they never got to play it)

At this point I don't know, just wait and see, Klei is full of suprises

8 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

his whole great unknown thing that was supposed to make console players especially happy sounded like Gorge

Wait, a second, I think I figured it out. Maybe the accomploshrine is coming back! The console players will be happy that the pc players get to share in their misery.

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

unsure, they have been putting misleading signals around, Warly's Poster having a Gorge Background, seemingly like he was supposed to come with Gorge..? This whole great unknown thing that was supposed to make console players especially happy sounded like Gorge (they never got to play it)

At this point I don't know, just wait and see, Klei is full of suprises

Console players PLAYED gorge, they didn't get forge and that event is :/ meh

43 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

Didn't that thing turn out to be the Klei Rewards Program?

Yes and no. JoeW's comment on it here:

On 8/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, JoeW said:

This is not "the thing" - "the thing" is a number of things and this was just one of them. The others I can't talk about yet because we're still working on them. 

But for now I will just say we have multiple things we are working on right now that we hope will really improve the game for console players. When I can provide more detail, I will. Some of these things are up in the air and may never happen, but some of them are almost certainly going to happen and we just don't have enough details or it's too far off. I just don't want to say something until I have more info about what kind of time frame we're looking at. 

Archived