So, Warly will be re-"salted" for the next update ?

• Developer
1 hour ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

57AC2584-B9F4-4806-851C-4A4F2A54C8D6.jpeg

for any and all of youse who say, but X character has "PLACEHOLDER" quotes for Forge/Gorge!!?!?
the reason for that, is that the debug command to generate speech files simply iterates through all of wilson's quotes, and makes the quote "PLACEHOLDER" if no quote already existed.

-- d_setup_placeholders( STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WARLY, "scripts\\speech_warly.lua" )
function d_setup_placeholders( reuse, out_file_name )
	local use_table = nil
	use_table = function( base_speech, reuse_speech )
		for k,v in pairs( base_speech ) do
			if type(v) == "string" then
				if reuse_speech ~= nil and reuse_speech[k] ~= nil then
					--do nothing
				else
					reuse_speech[k] = "PLACEHOLDER"
				end
			else
				--table
				if reuse_speech[k] == nil then
					reuse_speech[k] = {}
				end
				use_table( base_speech[k], reuse_speech[k])
			end
		end
	end
	use_table( STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC, reuse )

local out_file = io.open( out_file_name, "w")

out_file:write("return {\n")

local write_table = nil
	write_table = function( tbl, tabs )
		for k,v in orderedPairs(tbl) do
			for i=1,tabs do out_file:write("\t") end

if type(v) == "string" then
				local out_v = string.gsub(v, "\n", "\\n")
				out_v = string.gsub(out_v, "\"", "\\\"")
				if type(k) == "string" then
					out_file:write(k .. " = \"" .. out_v .. "\",\n")
				else
					out_file:write("\"" .. out_v .. "\",\n")
				end
			else
				out_file:write(k .. " =\n")
				out_file:write("{\n")

write_table( tbl[k], tabs + 1 )

out_file:write("},\n")
			end
		end
	end

write_table( reuse, 1 )

out_file:write("}")
	out_file:close()
end

find another reason why gorge and forge would be coming back anytime in the next number of years.
cause this aint it.

3 hours ago, Zarklord said:

for any and all of youse who say, but X character has "PLACEHOLDER" quotes for Forge/Gorge!!?!?

Problem being for either side of this argument is that most characters have quotes for...everything.
Warly missing quotes is an exception rather than the rule.

I don't think that Winona and Wortox having quotes for adventure mode exclusive items means that they're suddenly getting ported to single player.

Not sure if anyone's said this already so don't stab me, but Klei did mentioned wanting to do a bit more with Warly but they didn't have time and moved it to for later one on the Stream around his time, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some salted bits soon.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:03 AM, FreyaMaluk said:

Ik who Yaaarctopus is. I ask you to elaborate in your theory as to why might get introduced. I don't see it. 

Maybe some of the new Warly recipes for trade?? ... But still seems very "out there" to me

I think it would be pretty cool to introduce another significant landmark in the sea. We already have a monarch figure of the land (Pig king) and a monarch figure of the desert (Antlion) so why not ad a monarch to the seas. It'd immediately add a new use and route to sailing as players would be sailing to Yaaarctopus to appease it in exchange for some items.

Pig King handles gold and Antlion handles desert stones so why not have him trade sea related stuff like -i'm spitballing here- such as treasure maps or sea charts in exchange for valuable land items.

46 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

and a monarch figure of the desert (Antlion)

of course king not a queen

48 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

players would be sailing to Yaaarctopus to appease it in exchange for some items.

Yes but it can't be Yaaarctopus. Octopus don't like winter.

I think caves also should have a trader

Just now, maciu67 said:

In autumn and spring temperaturę is also too low

okayy, then lets make him appear or dissappear depending on the ambient, temperature - giving the thermal measurer an actual importance. If it's above half the thermal measurer, he should jump into his rocks, if it's below, then he should return to sea.

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

okayy, then lets make him appear or dissappear depending on the ambient, temperature - giving the thermal measurer an actual importance. If it's above half the thermal measurer, he should jump into his rocks, if it's below, then he should return to sea.

Ooo this thermal measurer idea is REALLY interesting. but Yaarctopus just doesn't match to "cold ocean"

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

^ You guys are calling forth that trading inn merchant aren't you, o' evil ones. That's thr devil's design and I freakin' love it. Give us Yaaarctopus for sea trader and Inkeeper for caves trader, there is a lot potential in those areas.

Imagine if you go undercround and find a tribe of beefalo-wearing locals, with the innkeeper being one of them.

(This reminds me, @minespatch new pfp idea: your persona wearing a beefalo)

Archived