My real life dragon pie

On 5.9.2019 at 2:40 AM, Owlrus98 said:

What ingredients did you use if I may ask? I can see that a lot of effort went into making this dream a reality :)

Propably dragonfruit.

I would imagine its made like other fruitpies but i cant realy tell because i have never made a pie my self.

This is inspiring me to make my own variant. Full compliments to this pie, this is evidently well-baked. The pastry looks golden-brown and crusty, and the filling looks as delectable as dragonfruit should :) 

A challenge would be Dragon Chili Salad, but.... the outcome of that remains highly unclear. I don't think the mild-sweet-sourness of Dragonfruit would meld well with spice of any sort :o

On 9/11/2019 at 3:54 AM, GetNerfedOn said:

This is inspiring me to make my own variant. Full compliments to this pie, this is evidently well-baked. The pastry looks golden-brown and crusty, and the filling looks as delectable as dragonfruit should :) 

A challenge would be Dragon Chili Salad, but.... the outcome of that remains highly unclear. I don't think the mild-sweet-sourness of Dragonfruit would meld well with spice of any sort :o

The dragonfruit i made this pie with tasted like beets, it was wasn't very good.

1 minute ago, MWY said:

Yes it is, 
Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg

and I think pies can be made with these.

The one i used had a red interior.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, G-Forces said:

The dragonfruit i made this pie with tasted like beets, it was wasn't very good.

There are many variants of this fruit, some taste like kiwifruit, others just taste weird.

the red one is the classic one tho since it looks like dragon scales.

Spoiler

Pitaya_Colors.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, G-Forces said:

Lemme get into detail here:

the dragon fruit you used is similar to the one i grow, with the red interior flesh, Hylocereus costaricensis. I would note that I would prefer this over the white variant, Hylocereus undatus, because the latter one has an thin, sharply sour layer of flesh between the skin and the rest of the fruit's interior.

This, however, is purely personal preference; if you remove the sour layer, the two variants taste alike.

You do need to add some complements to the fruit filling bc dragon fruit is super mild. @minespatch's suggestion of balsamic vinegar may be fine... I suggest honey or some sweetener :)

21 hours ago, Canis said:

TIL dragonfruit is an actual thing.

Shall i send you all my pics n statuses showing a dragonfruit's growth?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1