Can anyone send me old Warbucks speech file?

aitchzed

21 hours ago, aitchzed said:

Okay, it's getting harder, version from 11.11.2018 also is already censored...

Must find beta versions I guess.

there were versions of October, September and even August (beta) that were available but I don't think anyone pirated those or even had them on their computer any more after Klei updated it to early access.

infact I personally got the Early Access in November.

So, yeah, unless someone had specially made backup of beta files I don't think it's possible to find them laying around, I've checked dozens of popular torrent sites and the oldest version I can find is 11.11.2018 Early Access, which is already censored...

32 minutes ago, aitchzed said:

So, yeah, unless someone had specially made backup of beta files I don't think it's possible to find them laying around, I've checked dozens of popular torrent sites and the oldest version I can find is 11.11.2018 Early Access, which is already censored...

then that's the max you can go behind, well you can ask a dev here that might be able to provide you the old speech lua buuut, I don't think they would want to since it was censored for that very reason.

5 hours ago, MWY said:

then that's the max you can go behind, well you can ask a dev here that might be able to provide you the old speech lua buuut, I don't think they would want to since it was censored for that very reason.

Yeah, I think asking devs is pointless in this case, the only hope is that someone saved the file, I will try to ask on reddit/wikia but I think chances are pretty low... Such a shame.

Wow, for real, it appears to be not censored, this is incredible!

Many thanks, honestly I already almost gave up on hope to restore his original quotes, and wanting to implement this was holding me back from releasing my mod.

2 hours ago, aitchzed said:

Wow, for real, it appears to be not censored, this is incredible!

Many thanks, honestly I already almost gave up on hope to restore his original quotes, and wanting to implement this was holding me back from releasing my mod.

Can you post them in a spoiler?

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Can you post them in a spoiler?

You mean, censored quotes ?

There's actually a lot of changes between beta and current speech file, most of them are slight tweaks/fixes for spelling errors and added lines from QoL update.

After a quick comparison I guess these lines is what actually can qualify as censored:

Spoiler

MERMHEAD.GENERIC = "Bah! Signs of a savage society." (changed to: "What a curious beast!")
ANCIENT_ALTAR.WORKING = "A superb monument from a savage civilization." ("A superb monument from an ancient civilization.")
HONEYHAM = "A proper meal for the properly civilized." ("A proper meal.")
ICEBOX = "Every civilized person should have one." ("Ah. A modern convenience.")
PIGSKIN = "Rather useful in many civilizations." ("I shall put this to use!")
TORCH = "Now I can stalk my prey in the dark." ("Rather convenient for exploring ancient ruins.")
TRUNK_COOKED = "I prefer to nose a good whiskey." ("One never 'nose' what one might find. Haw haw!")
WALRUS_TUSK = "Ancient societies often find uses for tusks." ("Surely there's a good use for such things.")
CARGOBOAT = "A ship worthy of the East India Company." ("A ship worthy of my captainship.")
LIVINGJUNGLETREE = "Huzzah! Huntable flora!" ("Migrating flora!")
TRAWLNETDROPPED.GENERIC = "I rather prefer more invigorating forms of hunting." ("Quite a passive activity.")
VOLCANO_ALTAR_TOWER = "Huzzah! An artifact of a barbaric culture." ("Huzzah! An artifact of another culture.")
DORSALFIN = "An admirable artifact to show off ones sea conquests." ("An admirable aquatic artifact.")
TAR = "I used to have domestics for dealing with this." ("I should prefer it if there were fossils buried within this.")
PIG_SCEPTER = "I am more deserving of this than most." ("A capital artifact!")
PIGCROWNHAT = "These beasts could benefit from my advanced cultural upbringing." ("Never imagined I'd reach such a status!")
PIGHOUSE_FARM.BURNING = "It does burn up nicely, doesn't it?" ("Quite the blaze!")
CITY_LAMP.GENERIC = "These pigs do like to act civilized, don't they?" ("What an intriguing civilization!")
SPIDER_MONKEY.DEAD = "Bad breeding has been snuffed out!" ("It's been snuffed out!")
ANTHILL = "I say! They have their own form of colonizing." ("What a find! An exotic civilization.")
HALBERD = "Bah! No match for a good blunderbuss in one's hand!" ("Quite an ornate construction!")

I say! Some of his lines were really quite watered down.

5 minutes ago, aitchzed said:

You mean, censored quotes ?

There's actually a lot of changes between beta and current speech file, most of them are slight tweaks/fixes for spelling errors and added lines from QoL update.

After a quick comparison I guess these lines is what actually can qualify as censored:

Hide contents

MERMHEAD.GENERIC = "Bah! Signs of a savage society." (changed to: "What a curious beast!")
ANCIENT_ALTAR.WORKING = "A superb monument from a savage civilization." ("A superb monument from an ancient civilization.")
HONEYHAM = "A proper meal for the properly civilized." ("A proper meal.")
ICEBOX = "Every civilized person should have one." ("Ah. A modern convenience.")
PIGSKIN = "Rather useful in many civilizations." ("I shall put this to use!")
TORCH = "Now I can stalk my prey in the dark." ("Rather convenient for exploring ancient ruins.")
TRUNK_COOKED = "I prefer to nose a good whiskey." ("One never 'nose' what one might find. Haw haw!")
WALRUS_TUSK = "Ancient societies often find uses for tusks." ("Surely there's a good use for such things.")
CARGOBOAT = "A ship worthy of the East India Company." ("A ship worthy of my captainship.")
LIVINGJUNGLETREE = "Huzzah! Huntable flora!" ("Migrating flora!")
TRAWLNETDROPPED.GENERIC = "I rather prefer more invigorating forms of hunting." ("Quite a passive activity.")
VOLCANO_ALTAR_TOWER = "Huzzah! An artifact of a barbaric culture." ("Huzzah! An artifact of another culture.")
DORSALFIN = "An admirable artifact to show off ones sea conquests." ("An admirable aquatic artifact.")
TAR = "I used to have domestics for dealing with this." ("I should prefer it if there were fossils buried within this.")
PIG_SCEPTER = "I am more deserving of this than most." ("A capital artifact!")
PIGCROWNHAT = "These beasts could benefit from my advanced cultural upbringing." ("Never imagined I'd reach such a status!")
PIGHOUSE_FARM.BURNING = "It does burn up nicely, doesn't it?" ("Quite the blaze!")
CITY_LAMP.GENERIC = "These pigs do like to act civilized, don't they?" ("What an intriguing civilization!")
SPIDER_MONKEY.DEAD = "Bad breeding has been snuffed out!" ("It's been snuffed out!")
ANTHILL = "I say! They have their own form of colonizing." ("What a find! An exotic civilization.")
HALBERD = "Bah! No match for a good blunderbuss in one's hand!" ("Quite an ornate construction!")

I say! Some of his lines were really quite watered down.

It's like they literally took the war out of the bucks!

And I personally think some sugar-mommy rewrote those lines cause they feel more safer then a crib with a cage.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Oh no, terrible people existed centuries ago.:wilson_ecstatic:

7 hours ago, MWY said:

It's like they literally took the war out of the bucks!

And I personally think some sugar-mommy rewrote those lines cause they feel more safer then a crib with a cage.

I'm legally allowed to repost this now

Spoiler

image.png.136f175380e5848abb4c9c7bff38ad9b.png

2 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

I'm legally allowed to repost this now

Hide contents

image.png.136f175380e5848abb4c9c7bff38ad9b.png

Awesome!

I respect WB for putting this out, I wonder if Disney would ever have the guts to do so as well.

Spoiler

Nintendo still doesn't care it uses stereotypical Italian Plumbers as its mascots and claims its a Japanese thing with all of their laws applied for copyright claims xD

Archived