Can anyone send me old Warbucks speech file?

aitchzed

I'd like to see the file too if anyone has it. I never got the chance to read Warbucks' speech file before he was censored so I'd love to see it for curiosities sake.

6 hours ago, bugsmand said:

This is what i could find. i remember seeing them in the Warbucks' writting Dilemma topic. you know, the one that actually started it all.

Yeah, I've seen that thread too, but wondered if there were more changes, having original file to compare them side-to-side would be ideal.

First thing I've done is pm'd SDragonhead about his proposition to send original file but so far no response.

Thanks for trying to help tho.

4 minutes ago, aitchzed said:

First thing I've done is pm'd SDragonhead about his proposition to send original file but so far no response.

Thanks for trying to help tho.

I think that his account here is dead and his youtube I have no idea were he went but I do not beleave him to be coming back

7 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

I think that his account here is dead and his youtube I have no idea were he went but I do not beleave him to be coming back

Well this is bad news then, I guess if I will not find success here I'll create a thread on reddit or maybe ask in comments on DS wikia.

There's gotta be somebody with original file !

23 hours ago, aitchzed said:

Hello, can anyone send me old, pre-censorship speech_warbucks.lua file ?

The one from beta or EA, with quotes about East India company etc.

I'm making a mod that restores Warbucks and I want to make it an option to "uncensore" his quotes.

Thanks in advance.

Well I have the entire DLC003 folder sitting on my hard drive...but I dunno where the Warbuck speech file is. :wilson_facepalm:

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Well I have the entire DLC003 folder sitting on my hard drive...but I dunno where the Warbuck speech file is. :wilson_facepalm:

It's actually in main game scripts folder, ...dont_starve\data\scripts\speech_warbucks.lua .

Ok So basically i am downloading the early access version ( just for you - I have bought/got gifted like every klei game i want )

and a bunch of odd popups of NSFW and a virus page opened up too,

tldr: buy klei games and dont be a pirate cause you will need eyebleach otherwise

Aaand I got the newer warbucks lines.

So the lesson here: dont pirate and if you do you wont get what you really want.

35 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Ok So basically i am downloading the early access version ( just for you - I have bought/got gifted like every klei game i want )

tldr: buy klei games and dont be a pirate cause you will need eyebleach otherwise

Aaand I got the newer warbucks lines.

So the lesson here: dont pirate and if you do you wont get what you really want.

actually you have make sure to see the date the file was uploaded, it should be around before March or February (around December time) when Old Warbucks was still the same.

also people from places in the world where buying games or softwares or even computers is not Officialy supported, they only have Pirated sources to rely on so they can't do much.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Use ublock origin you nave. :wilson_ecstatic:

Also, it really wasn't that hard, I got it without much trouble at all. :wilson_goodjob:

speech_warbucks.lua

So, it appears that the game got censored very early - the file that watermelen671 posted is already censored.

Moreso, I've downloaded EA version from 23 november of 2018 and it is also already censored !

How do I check if it's censored ? Open the file and search for

CARGOBOAT = 

in uncensored version it should say "A ship worthy of the East India Company."

later they changed it to "A ship worthy of my captainship."

Archived