DLC Characters

Just now, Viktor234 said:

I think this topic is more like a question if Warly counts as a DLC character or not.

He is free for all DST players, and he wasn't branded as DLC, so I think it's safe to say that, no, he doesn't count.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I thought Wormwood and Warly are considered refreshed?

I thought Wormwood and Warly both counted as new characters, yet if I remember well there was that post from JoeW where it's been stated Wormwood is regarded as a new character while Warly a mere refreshed one. Maybe someone has mentioned post to back it up here, ty. Nvm, it was in Bigfoot's original post about "Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update":

"Wormwood

In addition to new content, we are preparing for the arrival of the next new character. We’re happy to announce that Wormwood will soon enter the fray..

[...]

Warly

For the next character refresh, Warly will be sailing into the Constant..."

Thus Wormwood is indeed regarded as a *new* char, and Warly only as *refresh* of old crew.

Seems we still have 2 more new characters to enter the proverbial fray.

I think it'd be very exciting to see someone completely new as the next DLC. Someone away from the unimplemented characters list. As much as I wanted Waverly for so long, the role I wanted her to serve was pretty much exactly what Warly became so I'm satisfied there.

I will say I hope its a human character this time, as much as I love Imp-man and Plant-Boi. 

13 minutes ago, ProfessorAlpaca said:

I will say I hope its a human character this time, as much as I love Imp-man and Plant-Boi. 

I'd say that's unlikely.

The DLC characters are non-influential to the main story (intentionally) solely because they aren't human. A human would have the same goal as the rest of the main crew: returning back the normal world. Thus a part of the main story, and conflicting with the trend the DLC characters have thus far.

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I'd say that's unlikely.

The DLC characters are non-influential to the main story (intentionally) solely because they aren't human. A human would have the same goal as the rest of the main crew: returning back the normal world. Thus a part of the main story, and conflicting with the trend the DLC characters have thus far.

I wouldn't use "non-human" as a word, I'd say bizzare. a Fawn, a Living Vine, why not a Witch? wink Waverly next, I beg
Think of it, if we get a new characcter announced around Halloween which is very likely, it must be Waverly's Debut

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

I'd say that's unlikely.

I could see Waverly actually working as a human DLC, potentially?

Maybe she wouldn't have any reason to go back because of social backlash or something.

Or maybe... a character that followed the falling the moon? Perhaps... one of them?

image.png.f9d1d30b30cc7c9b66ccc449ec3652e3.png

image.png.09193591d918e09b5c6062d90909f9ec.png

1 hour ago, Axelocke said:

I could see Waverly actually working as a human DLC, potentially?

Maybe she wouldn't have any reason to go back because of social backlash or something.

Or maybe... a character that followed the falling the moon? Perhaps... one of them?

image.png.f9d1d30b30cc7c9b66ccc449ec3652e3.png

image.png.09193591d918e09b5c6062d90909f9ec.png

SCP-106 has broken out at Gate A!

Archived