No oil on map.

There should always be some or small patch of oil biome o-o, use debug mode to see the whole map. (If you did not save game after using debug mode, game achievement will still be enabled)

Press F4 for material overlay and go to Mineral, Look for red spot for fossils. Most of the time it should be oil biome with some oil reservoir in it else...ggripperino slickers only way is harsh.

9 minutes ago, SilkyPigeon said:

What part of the map? Right at the bottom?

Oil usually spawns at the bottom right above magma. Unless you get the "irregular oil" trait which makes it spawn additional random oil minibiomes.

But watch out. It`s pretty hot in there.

4 hours ago, SilkyPigeon said:

My seed is 1988388481. I don't want to use debug mode because I don't want to disable achievements. I've explored a pretty sizable chunk of the map so far, even up to the surface and have found absolutely no oil.     

You can just make a separate save and turn on debug/sandbox there to check. As mentioned, the oil biome is always at the bottom of the map, just above the magma, unless you have the irregular oil trait, which puts mini oil biomes all over the map. With the 'buried oil' trait, your map will also have less readily available oil, so you will have to get it from oil wells.

21 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

If there's no oil biome on the map whatsoever, it likely means the map has the trait "Frozen Core", which replaces the Oil Biome with a modified Ice Biome, much colder than a standard Ice Biome.

not the oil, it replaces magma at the very bottom, you still have oil above it.

Archived