Who is the next character?

46 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

There is a reason why everyone uses the same model, mostly because 21 models for every character with all the god knows amount of animations would take years to animate

Yeah, and that's perfectly understandable. I don't blame them at all for having every character use the same base model. I suppose it'd just look weird for a while if we do ever get Billy as a playable character (personally, I don't think we will, but I wouldn't mind being wrong on that front), because his model would look significantly different. I'm sure I'd get used to it, though. 

1 hour ago, TheMelonNinja said:

Yeah, and that's perfectly understandable. I don't blame them at all for having every character use the same base model. I suppose it'd just look weird for a while if we do ever get Billy as a playable character (personally, I don't think we will, but I wouldn't mind being wrong on that front), because his model would look significantly different. I'm sure I'd get used to it, though. 

You got used to Tall Man Maxwell turning into Midget Maxwell, so you'd get used to Thick Body Billy turning into Thin Big Head Billy

2 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

There is a reason why everyone uses the same model, mostly because 21 models for every character with all the god knows amount of animations would take years to animate

Well yes but actually no. If you look a bit closer you'll see that every character does in fact have a different build in terms of torso.

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Well yes but actually no. If you look a bit closer you'll see that every character does in fact have a different build in terms of torso.

still same piece on the same model, don't you know how complex the animation puppet is

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Is this some sort of trick question? 

sippiguess.png.a304154d8e24f880f2b13e9387896924.png

No, it's a complex thing, and symbols can be resized as long as they stick to the pivot without breaking everything
IH80tfm.png
There are missing pieces because Klei didn't add them all into this one, but this is the only one we got and closest to the official one

3 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

No, it's a complex thing, and symbols can be resized as long as they stick to the pivot without breaking everything
IH80tfm.png
There are missing pieces because Klei didn't add them all into this one, but this is the only one we got and closest to the official one

Oh yeah, I have that on my computer...it's still not complex.

Puppet animation is the bottom-tier most cost effective way of animating things. Images can be swapped and replaced with ease, scaled and readjusted all while keeping consistent with the pivot points.

There's a reason why traditional frame-by-frame animation isn't done nowadays...except for the folks over at Studio MDHR the madlads. :wilson_sneaky:

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Oh yeah, I have that on my computer...it's still not complex.

Puppet animation is the bottom-tier most cost effective way of animating things. Images can be swapped and replaced with ease, scaled and readjusted all while keeping consistent with the pivot points.

There's a reason why traditional frame-by-frame animation isn't done nowadays...except for the folks over at Studio MDHR the madlads. :wilson_sneaky:

It's very easy to say it's not complex when you're not the one making the animations.

If the topic of Billy being possibly playable, which I regrettably doubt, is still relevant, well...

1. He'd probably need to have his own unique player model to work unless Chibi-fying him somehow works out.
  2. Even if he kept his model similar from the Gorge, there's having all these clothing items which probably wouldn't fit on em...
  3. Continuing on, he'd also need to have most if not all animations (emotes, generic actions, ect.) made from scratch to work with him
  4. I think Wortox is enough goat(and fawn) for all of us and that he is MAYBE pranking us across time and space as mentioned earlier in the thread (hyuyuyu!)
  5. Would be kind of odd for a character with B for a starting name letter to join the W/M survivors, no?
  6. It'd also be a bit awkward if the Gorge came back and there'd be nobody to sell you what Billy would.

THOUGH despite these points, and if Billy WAS joining us, could it be that he'd be released in November in time for Thanksgiving, followed by another season of the Gorge to come along with? I mean, that'd be awesome and the more the merrier in goats, but hmm...

Im 100% sure the next mod character isn't Billy. 

1. Why would Wortox, and only Wortox, have strings for "nextcharacter" and not anyone else, from a practical point of view (probably klei trolling)

2. Custom animations needed, and/or will look extremely wonky

3. Joe said that the next DLC character "is completely new", and Billy, well, isn't new.

1 hour ago, Canis said:

3. Joe said that the next DLC character "is completely new", and Billy, well, isn't new.

You're not quoting the whole thing.

It's not an unimplemented character. This next new character is entirely new.

Billy has never been an unimplemented character—they're an npc. The first sentence gives context for the second, making Billy still viable.

Do I think it'll be the case? Absolutely not for a plethora of reasons already said.

Just now, Zeklo said:

You're not quoting the whole thing.

Billy has never been an unimplemented character—they're an npc. The first sentence gives context for the second, making Billy still viable.

Do I think it'll be the case? Absolutely not for a plethora of reasons already said.

"entirely new"

Just now, Canis said:

"entirely new"

An entirely new playable character outside of the unimplemented ones we've seen =/= an entirely new character altogether.

Again, I showed the first sentence because the context is provides gives meaning the to rest of the statement.

2 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Honestly, if it would be billy, what would happen in Gorge S2? Billy meets billy?

According to the laws of video games (specifically Shadow of Memories, which is probably but a shadow in most's memory), and some shows I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere - maybe even some philosophy classes...

If you meet yourself, you cease to exist!

Archived