Clock Timer alternatives - looking for old logic

There was a post somewhere and my google-fu is failing me.  This post had an alternate way of setting a click to something different than 600 seconds.

It involved using two loops, and one of the loops had to have a repeater that used a prime number or other factor values that couldn't accidentally coincide.  When both of them synchronized, they'd initiate the timer into an ON state and your other logic would pick up from there, and the timer would start it's process again.  However, there was a trick to keeping them synchronized and I don't remember what it was and I can't find it.

Can anyone help please?

For the curious I want to set a timer to 660 seconds (132 * 5) to control incubator power activity and offsetting a timer past when the eggs should no longer lullabied in each iteration.

Do it with just one pulse generator every 660 seconds as DonDegow posted.

Just for testing I tried with two pulses, one every 7 seconds and other every 3 seconds and it doesn't work good.

I gave them 0.5 second buffers so they can meet better but seems like ONI automation is not reliable enough for those things.

Left input on bottom AND should be green every 7 seconds and right every 3 so they should meet at 21 but instead 21 is miss and they meet at 27-28... and then again at 33-35 ?

Not precise at all.

@bzgzd The difference you get comes from inherent delay of gates themselves; I can't remember if it's 0.1s or a game tick (0.2s) though.

Meaning that for getting to 21, timer A needs 3 iteration whereas timer B needs 7, making B more delayed than A. The "ping" is thus making it harder to determinate when A and B will be synchronized (and that ping is doubled because NOT input needs to be updated then BUFFER input needs to be updated too).

You could probably account for it in your buffer gates by putting delays like 2.8 and 6.8 instead of 3 and 7 or something like that

3 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

For the curious I want to set a timer to 660 seconds (132 * 5) to control incubator power activity and offsetting a timer past when the eggs should no longer lullabied in each iteration.

I´m not sure what you are trying to achieve. Do you want a dupe to do the lullaby and then turn off power for 1 cycle?

5 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

It involved using two loops, and one of the loops had to have a repeater that used a prime number or other factor values that couldn't accidentally coincide.  When both of them synchronized, they'd initiate the timer into an ON state and your other logic would pick up from there, and the timer would start it's process again.  However, there was a trick to keeping them synchronized and I don't remember what it was and I can't find it.

Was it this? If not, let me know and I'll keep searching. 

Here a couple others that might be related, or the one you want:

Spoiler

See page 2 of this one

I found a few more, but they all point to @martosss's post that I linked to above. 

@mathmanican That was exactly it, thank you!

Though as @DonDegow posted a 200+200+200+60 pulser will probably be more efficient.  That particular use case is for much longer times.

Thanks everyone!

3 hours ago, snoozer said:

I´m not sure what you are trying to achieve. Do you want a dupe to do the lullaby and then turn off power for 1 cycle?

Basically, yes.  I want the cycle to be off for the full cycle that the lullaby is valuable for, then turn it on again for a new lullaby once I'm sure it's been used up.  Since I can't use a sensor to determine if a lullaby is/not enable, I can only do it by working around the time a lullaby can exist for (1 cycle).

Thanks for the assistance.  I've been able to get my incubator power at a reasonable rate with the help.  For anyone else that's interested, you'll have to play with (x).  For me it's 45 based on how fast a rancher can respond once an incubator is activated.  With better layouts 30s, or even 20s, may be more viable.  Proximity sensor is there to make sure they don't leave when they're 90% done with a lullaby because the timer cut the power.

5d547c9f1beff_IncubatorsMain.JPG.0b7cbe92361f70e84a72a2f706568287.JPG

5d547ca7ee70e_IncubatorsAutomationwithText.thumb.JPG.7f8f91c7573277aea33b4837bfada46f.JPG

In case anyone was interested, I've significantly improved the design.  This doesn't require timings to be quite so accurate.  The buffers (besides the 660s pulse, which can be 630s) are 0.1s buffers.  They're just there to isolate the circuits on the right and keep the timings in sync on the left.  Set the filters to 9 seconds so your dupes will have the next one activated just before the current one is finished.

5d5c28e6ad34e_Incubator3Automation.JPG.03cf60fec51a38f9b558dda04afc0785.JPG

I wanted to play with the proximity sensors a bit, but you're right, that would work too.  Avoiding egg deliveries with the proximity sensors requires a slightly adjusted setup, but I'm working on setting up a pulse timer reset switch so the 630s won't start until the first egg is being hugged, so I haven't posted any further updates.  It's working, but it's a bit of a rat's nest of wires and I want to clean it up when my dupes AREN'T fighting for Carnivore. :)

2 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

Looking forward to seeing it. 

5d5c80d1c1ec7_Incubator5Automation.JPG.0e70e7a49d2ac0bd3e33052441684dc9.JPG5d5c80f498df1_Incubator5Standard.JPG.0e41dac64d84e5ebeab9d1225d09b283.JPG

Same general principal, however notice the airflows in the bottom.  They protect the proximity from triggering when a dupe is delivering an egg from the upper step of the ladder.

The Timer waits for reset now.  When the timer fires a full cycle, the first egg is setup to start calling for a lullaby.  When the dupe arrives at the incubator, the proximity triggers the AND gate which starts the pulse timer reset.  Until that dupe shows up for a lullaby, the timer does not restart.  This should clear up most issues.  If there's trash in a hole and a dupe trips the proximity at the wrong moment, well, downstream lullabies wait for the next cycle.

Archived