Wormwood's examine quote for the Florid Postern is "Hmm . . . new door". Is this just a joke about the Jurry-rigged portal? Is it lore? Wormwood doesn't have any other quotes about doors (except in literal cases like with the fence gate) as far as I am aware.

Spoiler

HmmNewDoor.png.007062f039fabba77129cf6b45b90dae.png

Spoiler

AdventureDoor.png.9162c8a72a519c5c4b9602d6ecb2f2fb.png

Also worth mentioning, the Wormwood short implies that Wormwood was born in the constant (more specifically, Hamlet). This means that he is likely not referring to any of the "trick doors" that lure people to the constant (like the ones from Forbidden Knowledge or Next of Kin).

Wormwood is a child, and is still learning the world around him. He does not know the difference between one thing or the other as long as it has similar features. For instance, Wormwood doesn't know the difference between a staff, a torch and a spear. They're just objects on a stick to him. A door and a portal has similar functionalities in a way. They both open you in to a new location. It would make sense that he'd call a magical portal a 'door' the same way he calls a magical staff a 'stick'.

what I find most interesting about that quote is that he's pondering it. While calling the florid postern a door is a logical conclusion to come to, the fact that he ponders it makes me wonder if there's more to that quote. which I suppose is the whole point of this thread

Archived