Is Broodling a bit Expensive?

So as we all know that Broodling need one chilled lavae which can be require lavae egg which dropped by dragonfly with chance of 33%

I think this is a bit expensive, non of other pets require a boss loot, not to mention that it's not guaranteed chance and it's raid boss.

So what do you think?

Is Broodling a bit Expensive?

Nope! The Dragonfly is probably the easiest raid boss in the game (I'd hardly even consider it a "raid" boss as it can be killed relatively easy by a single player) and I think it's nice that you can turn the Lavae into a critter if you don't want to have to care for it 

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Nope! The Dragonfly is probably the easiest raid boss in the game (I'd hardly even consider it a "raid" boss as it can be killed relatively easy by a single player) and I think it's nice that you can turn the Lavae into a critter if you don't want to have to care for it 

Why does everyone forget about M/Goose?

3 hours ago, Alexias said:

So as we all know that Broodling need one chilled lavae which can be require lavae egg which dropped by dragonfly with a chance of 33%

I think this is a bit expensive, none of the other pets require a boss loot, not to mention that it's not guaranteed chance and it's raid boss.

Broodling is a cosmetic. Technically he's cheaper than a skin, as those costs actual money, but achieve the same goal, which is doing nothing besides making you look fancier.

Dragonfly is pretty easy (Unless you don't use walls and fight them the intended way), and can be farmed very easily (Especially if you're Wigfrid/Wolfgang), and even then, you can get the lavae egg from Klaus, who I personally think is even easier than dragonfly and requires less practice/preparation to deal with.

All in all, especially for me, I usually end up with a pile of lavae eggs I know I'm never going to use, especially since The Mothling is the only pet worth having now. I don't think Broodling is too expensive, especially considering you don't need them at all.

21 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Any piece of official Chester artwork says otherwise.

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20140125230639

latest?cb=20140523103311

latest?cb=20180810194258

latest?cb=20160214212345

My plan was to retort with a Q&A from the devs back in the Reign of Giants days when they said that Glommer wasn't a pet because it just cares about the flower, sane with Chester, as well as talking about how houses and doors and a variety of things took away from the feel of don't starve.

But I can't find this Q&A so I just look like a bit of a fool.

Glommer does bounce up and down angrily when the player is holding the flower though, so it's atleast true for Glommer.

With the new mothling having a useful perk, I suppose the other pets will also get small but still useful perks eventually. Maybe the high cost of the broodling will come with a cool little perk too, perhaps "slightly better" than the others due to its difficulty to obtain.

Maybe the broodling eventually will help us roast food, like if it was a tiny fire, spitting a tiny fire animation on whatever you show to it. Or it can be instructed to light things on fire, like you would with any torch/lighter. Letting you burn lonely trees at night during winter without a torch, or burning a rope to heat your thermal, and save that torch slot, would come handy.

Spoiler

I know, you are thinking about the griefing possibilities this introduces:
If someone defeated Dfly, RNG'ed until getting a lavae egg, raised the lavae, froze it with an ice staff, went looking the pet cave, summoned a broodling, then came to your base to burn it exclusively with the broodling (when he/she could have achieved the exact same thing with a torch on day one) I say that griefer deserves the chaos for all the effort he or she put into burning your base.

On 01.08.2019 at 8:42 PM, Alexias said:

So as we all know that Broodling need one chilled lavae which can be require lavae egg which dropped by dragonfly with chance of 33%

I think this is a bit expensive, non of other pets require a boss loot, not to mention that it's not guaranteed chance and it's raid boss.

So what do you think?

i don't know what to do with lavae eggs besides making broodlings. You'll get more and more eventually

On 8/3/2019 at 12:49 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

With the new mothling having a useful perk, I suppose the other pets will also get small but still useful perks eventually.

Ahh this would be so good actually! Please Klei, just do it! Off the top of my head here's what I thought some Kritters might do:

Vargling: Agressive, if cared well, aids you in battles by continuously attacking the enemies you're attacking with minimal damage like 5 or 10.

Kitykit: Once everyday by petting it you gain 10 Sanity.

Giblet: Behaves like a befriended cartoon, plucks feathers and specific seed out of the ground.

Ewelet: Helps you have a better sleep, your health and sanity increase 1.5 times faster while sleeping.

Glomglom: Occasionally extracts good fuel material like gloomer.

Broodling: Can cook food, gives heat when fed with ashes and charcoal.

Archived