All biomes?

I haven't played the preview, but I follow the forums so I have at least a passing understanding of the launch changes. 

However, what I haven't found out is:  does one of the asteroids have all (or at least the possibility of all) of the available biomes?  Or are all of them missing at least some of the biomes?

4 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

I haven't played the preview, but I follow the forums so I have at least a passing understanding of the launch changes. 

However, what I haven't found out is:  does one of the asteroids have all (or at least the possibility of all) of the available biomes?  Or are all of them missing at least some of the biomes?

They all miss at least one biome if I remember right.

The first asteroid (which is the same as the one you know) lacks only the forest biome resources. But you can get them via the printing pod.

Except for Rime, they all miss two or three biomes. Rime has "all", but with a catch.

Spoiler
  • Terra: No Forest, No Rust
  • Oceania: No Forest, No Rust
  • Verdante: No "Plains", No Ice
  • Arboria: No "Plains", No Swamp
  • Volcanea: No Forest, No Rust
  • The Badlands: No Forest, No Swamp, No Tide Pools
  • Aridio: No "Plains", No Ice
  • Oasisse: No Ice, No Rust

30 minutes ago, wronny said:

Except for Rime, they all miss two or three biomes. Rime has "all", but with a catch.

Hide contents

What catch? :o

1 hour ago, wronny said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think you mixed up Arboria and Verdante. I like to play on Verdante, and it gots ice biomes (without the glacier trait) and no slime biome. I don't know exactly what you are referring by plaine and swamp to be honest :confused: 

Just now, Caochu said:

I think you mixed up Arboria and Verdante. I like to play on Verdante, and it gots ice biomes (without the glacier trait) and no slime biome. I don't know exactly what you are referring by plaine and swamp to be honest :confused: 

Plains is the biome where you start on Terra. It has no name but hey, this is one I guess !

Swamp is the slime biome. In debug there are some assets that have the swamp prefix.

29 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

All your critters die. :blue: :cold: :wilson_cry:

Ah that one. It's not a catch, it's a challenge. The Noah Playthrough - get a couple of critters from the pod and reintroduce them to the new world of Rime post the Ice Age*!

*sponsored by the oil industry

Also Rime doesn't technically have everything, since the critters and plants outside the starting area don't spawn.  You can still get some buried seeds, but that's it.  If you want to see all the new content, Verdante is the way to go.

1 hour ago, Caochu said:

Afraid you're the one who has it backwards.  Arboria has ice but no slime.  Verdante has slime but no ice.

9 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Afraid you're the one who has it backwards.  Arboria has ice but no slime.  Verdante has slime but no ice.

I came back to say exactly this, you are right :crushed: I made an oopsie. Just started a new verdante colony, and what a surprise to see some slim biome. Sorry !

I'm trying with Verdante and Large Glaciers, so far I've only managed to obtain weird ice "boulders" and no more then 2 tons of wolframite in the entire map, EXCEPT one seed which has proper ice biomes, but no aluminium :?

Does somebody have a good seed, may be with geoactive?

I don't think you're suppose to have wolframite on that map.  I'd suggest picking something different if you want that resource.  You'll lose out on thermium, but at least you don't absolutely have to have that to complete any parts of the game without using exploits.  If you don't have the slime biome, then you can't make supercoolant which means you can't make liquid hydrogen, which is mandatory for reaching the final space destination.

3 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

I don't think you're suppose to have wolframite on that map. 

At least not on the planet; there is a "new" space destination (Glimmering Planet), that has both Tungsten and Wolframite. The destination is available on roughly 40% of the seeds as far as I can tell.

Once the Launch Update version of ToolsNotIncluded is up an running, we will be able to get a more conclusive data on these problems (e.g. the fraction of arboria / badlands maps without a Gold Volcano, a Helium Giant (LH2) at <= 110,000 km and a Gilded Asteroid)

8 hours ago, DarkReaper115 said:

Little chart I saw during beta and decided to bookmark related to the biomes available in each map:

Hide contents

d2d6d14747.png

Side note, The Badlands and Aridio actually also have their starting biome as a regular biome scattered around the map.

7 hours ago, ONIfreak said:

Rime is crazy at the beginning. It really push player to start to manage base other way around and force to hint for heat. I love it 

You mean using a metal refinery to heat your base isnt normal?

Archived