Can we have realise befor 30th ends?

pfft, my day is just starting and only after that is my day off. it's 9:33 (morning) and I just was called in for work @ 10:45 when it should have been a day off due to planning (while tomorrow should be generally a day off yet some will have to put away leftovers).

Tuesday is always the most work. Well, it will still probably only take until 16:00 and the release should be around 19:00.(21:00 UTC) anyway. Not that I was forced to as well, I could not say no to what amounts to a new full price game as well a killing time, muscle training, zen meditation and a RL puzzle game.

23 minutes ago, Dextrome said:

I'm afraid It was only a matter of calculating the time difference... and hope was completely obsolete :/ sry

Rimworld has realized morning official realize day for me, they took in account time in different zones. So, one could hope.

But if it was released in the morning for you... then it would be released on the 29th in most other parts of the world... so that just doesn't make any sense :p 

You know there's like a 23 hour time difference between the furthest time zones, right?

How it makes sense? Some get early present, everyone gets on time. Rimworld was realized at 0:0 Earliest time zone on the advertised date. It is worldwide realized, now there no others. You need to be responsible.

If you're used to releases happening at 12:00 am CE(S)T independent of the location of the developer to make sure that it is still the date that was announced or earlier in the most parts of the world, so players actually have a chance to play the release version on that date, then this approach can be a mild culture shock.

20 minutes ago, Mutineer said:

You need to be responsible.

No, you just need to not be so entitled. They said the 30th, not the 30th at 00:01. If you haven't figured out by now the time around which they usually drop updates then the false hope is on you, nobody lied to you.

3 hours ago, wronny said:

If you're used to releases happening at 12:00 am CE(S)T independent of the location of the developer to make sure that it is still the date that was announced or earlier in the most parts of the world, so players actually have a chance to play the release version on that date, then this approach can be a mild culture shock.

12 CET would still be 22:00 or 23:00 for him

Is it really such a benefit for him to start playing at midnight? I doubt it....

20 minutes ago, Sturm58 said:

If you play the test branch you will get the same stuff as on release

1. Built-in debugging will be disabled, greatly up performance

2. I hope will fixed many translation errors, due to which beginners will not be able to deal with many things. Yes, in the information about the game, the incentive declared support for the Russian language, and I am waiting for the developers to correct incredibly gross translation errors and confusions

3. I think that many performance problems will be fixed and some kind of surprise will be added, otherwise it would not be worth making any pathetic statements about the release, but just to transfer the test branch to the release at some point and go to sleep

I think many have something else to add to this list. Therefore, all the same you are wrong, it is not the same.

29 minutes ago, Dextrome said:

12 CET would still be 22:00 or 23:00 for him

Last time I checked 12:00 a.m CEST (UTC+2) was midnight, not midday. Which would be 10 a.m. for Mutineer and anyone in the New Zealand timezone (UTC+12). But the clock has just ticked over to 2 p.m. here in Germany, so it should July 31st for @Mutineer by now.

3 hours ago, Dextrome said:

You know there's like a 23 hour time difference between the furthest time zones, right?

It's actually 26 hours. It's possible that it's Monday in one location and Wednesday in another location at the same time. The reason is that a country can decide the time in that country. Most countries apply to time zones because it's convenient, but there is no international law, which forces time on countries. This means countries can decide if they want to be on one side of the date line or the other and the resulting date line isn't really a line anymore, more like some zigzag pattern.

There are other "issues" with time zones, like China has decided to have just one zone while it would require 4 if they used the normal system for zones. Chile and Paraguay have the same time zone, but in between them is Argentina, which is one hour ahead. Iceland has decided to use Greenwich mean time despite being 2 hours further west. UK and France use different time zones despite having solar noon at the same time.

You don't assume anything about time zones, you look it up. There are too many exceptions to the standard system to just assume the standard system being used. On top of that, it's not uncommon for countries to change their times.

2 hours ago, wronny said:

Last time I checked 12:00 a.m CEST (UTC+2) was midnight, not midday. Which would be 10 a.m. for Mutineer and anyone in the New Zealand timezone (UTC+12). But the clock has just ticked over to 2 p.m. here in Germany, so it should July 31st for @Mutineer by now.

Oh ok sorry I got that mixed up... just use the 24 hour time format (much easier)

3 hours ago, aresd said:

2. I hope will fixed many translation errors, due to which beginners will not be able to deal with many things. Yes, in the information about the game, the incentive declared support for the Russian language, and I am waiting for the developers to correct incredibly gross translation errors and confusions

You have kley made russian language ? We need mods for language, and the main language modder for me is finishing the mods right now.

Archived