Micro - analysis of my fourth base

This is a short analysis for a short base. 12 cycles to be exact. Let us play the "Why did I abandon this base?" game!5d3f1d94a36bb_Screenshot(159).thumb.png.d7039215903d1b44186d0f2a4911ff30.png

I was pretty (and still am) bad at this game. These are great volcanoes too... :(

Thanks for reading! And make sure to like the very nice comment below.

Let me tell you the story of Nisbet. Nisbet lived in a horrible base run by a mediocre exclamation. One day the overseer decided to follow Nisbet with the camera. They saw the hardships that Nisbet went through. Combined with the fact that Nisbet is A E S T H E T I C as hecc, Nisbet became that overbearing onomatopoeia's favorite dupe. The end. 

2 things.

1 - muliple research stations - no needed at all and if all three are used they take much more power. You can finiah all research by cycle 80-90 if you assign 1 dupe to do just research ( apart of space stuff)

2. Heat from volcanos will kill your base very soon. Seal it for now ( easises way to seal something in early game is to make vacuum tile using diagonal deconstruct)

The volcanoes are rough, but you can partially uncover them to find out what they are and keep them from erupting until you can apply sufficient cooling to them. It appears you ran out of food and tried to plant bristle blossoms without a light source. On Terra, you can use mealwood for quite a while and transition to mushrooms or blossoms depending on how fast you find renewable water that you can cool efficiently. 

You can also expand up and down to remain in the starting biome, which is a confidant temperature for growing early mealwod. Finally, go slow with your dupe printing. You have at least 5 (3 graves, 2 alive). You can stay at 3 dupes for a while.

A gold and iron? (could be copper) volcanos that close to base is a God send.

Honestly though, I wouldn't even call this a base. It's at most the first basic fumblings towards something that could be construed as a base at some future point.

Advanced issues found

1 year ago, Saturnus said:

A gold and iron? (could be copper) volcanos that close to base is a God send.

The seed is 1788158342 if it still works, this was before launch beta

Hahaha, your bases are awesome.

How you killed 4 of your dupes, dropped pee on your clean water tank and completely uncovered two entire volcanos before building literally anything?

I really mean it, HOW? Do you mind to tell which cycle is this? 

1 minute ago, Junksteel said:

Hahaha, your bases are awesome.

How you killed 4 of your dupes, dropped pee on your clean water tank and completely uncovered two entire volcanos before building literally anything?

I really mean it, HOW? Do you mind to tell which cycle is this? 

It's in the post, but it's 12.

But hey, people gave you nice advices. We all have been in that position before, so definitely there is room for improvement.

This forum can be a hard place to find simple and functional designs as people here love to debate complex stuff and whatnot. In the meanwhile, you can build those outhouses and sinks on DAY 1.

Imagine a world where there is no pee or germs in your water tank and no corpses lying around. Yeah, that world very likely started with Outhouses built on day 1.

If you're struggling with Dupe stress, it's really easy to deal with by making some actual rooms.  Rooms sealed in with doors (you can see what you need for a proper room with the overlay) often give buffs to stress.  Put all of your cots in a room with a door, boom instant +1 morale.  Put your sink and an outhouse in a room, instant +1 morale.  Put a water cooler in a room with a potted plant, that's more free morale.  Mess table + plant, that's +3 morale.  Morale is everywhere and easy to get, just seal off your rooms and spam plants.

Just a tip, if you leave the tile in the picture undug, it will prevent the volcano (or any geyser) from erupting.  It's always the 2nd from the left, 2nd from bottom tile.  This works for all geysers and also allows dupes to travel past it since they can climb right over the remaining tile.

image.png.a334d90078f994f90087ce9cfad04040.png

46 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Just a tip, if you leave the tile in the picture undug, it will prevent the volcano (or any geyser) from erupting.  It's always the 2nd from the left, 2nd from bottom tile.  This works for all geysers and also allows dupes to travel past it since they can climb right over the remaining tile.

image.png.a334d90078f994f90087ce9cfad04040.png

I didn't know that! Pretty nice!! Thanks for sharing...

1 hour ago, Junksteel said:

I didn't know that! Pretty nice!! Thanks for sharing...

Works great, sadly, the dupes won't analyze it until you remove this last block. On the bright side, you can wait until it goes dormant, then remove it.

Archived