Colony achievments

Did someone here manage to achieve the "sustainably sustaining" achievment ?

I think I should have burned enough hydrogen by letting my base run unsupervised.^^

(I only used manual and hydrogen generators in my base, but it seems to not trigger the achievment.)

[Not sure about you, but for me this reads as desgin a base to fulfill the whole list of colony achievments at once. The only one I was really struggeling with was the eat 400.000kcal meat before cycle 100 carnivore achievment. It´s still the only achievement with a time limit.]

They need some kind of progress indicator to say how close we are, or if we're already disqualified.  Do eggs count for carnivore?  Does pip planting count against locavore?  I have no idea.

32 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

i dont like the ones with time limit

Nobody likes time limits.

Though Majora's Mask is still a friggin' masterpiece.

If Breath of the Wild was just a litte more darker (it already is quite, like many, MM just had to be edgy without being actually edgy), it would have met its match and could have lost its throne. Weapons breaking that regularly is still a PITA though. Also 900 hidden objects for literary 

Spoiler

poop

but welp, it is just an achievement after all, it's somebodies loss precisely because they care enough to complain~

4 hours ago, Lurve said:

They need some kind of progress indicator to say how close we are, or if we're already disqualified.  Do eggs count for carnivore?  Does pip planting count against locavore?  I have no idea.

Nope. Carnivore is just meat. No BBQ, and no Fish, neither -- Just meat.

While I'm not sure how Locavore confirms you're no longer elligible, it is centered around not building farm tiles, irrigated farm tiles, or planters. Pip planting is AOK. (I was able to hit that on maybe cycle ~40 of my Carnivore attempt?

I unlocked Locavore twice for now, and it's pretty much self-explainatory : you can eat anything as long as you don't have any seed planted in a Planter Box, a Farm Tile or an Hydroponic Farm. You can have some, but you can't have seed planted in them.

Having flowers in pot does not prevent from getting the achievement too.

4 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

sure did take it's time...

I am above cycle 1000 (had my base run over night^^) and have an average power consumption of ~700kj each cycle for over 200cycles now.

(Not to mention the first 800 cycles should which should had an average production of roughly 200-400kj/cycle.)

=> I should have produced more than 240.000kj in total.

So could it have been resetted with one of the latest patches or is there something except using a generator that disables the achievment ?

On 7/19/2019 at 6:03 PM, Lilalaunekuh said:

I am above cycle 1000 (had my base run over night^^) and have an average power consumption of ~700kj each cycle for over 200cycles now.

(Not to mention the first 800 cycles should which should had an average production of roughly 200-400kj/cycle.)

=> I should have produced more than 240.000kj in total.

So could it have been resetted with one of the latest patches or is there something except using a generator that disables the achievment ?

I agree and have the same problem and submitted a bug report for this as well as the achievements not always showing, unless you do a save/load of the game.  Some do work and notify you correctly.

I started a test/debug game to try to get this achievement, and I am starting to think that there is a difference between the case of the letters being used, that is very subtle but may explain the issue.

"Generate 240,000kJ of power without using..."

Whereas the reports show a different J, but not an upper case, so not the same as in the description.  Perhaps this would be more like what we see as mJ?  Or add another 3 zeros to the end?  Bout all I can think of.

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I may just give up on the time limited ones

I have the same mentality, but right now there is just one time limited achievement.

=> I could live without it, but considering that it is the only one of it´s kind I am happy having it (at least for now).

[My biggest imperative after starting a new colony since the launch preview was/is securing enough meat and colonists to eat the meat before cycle 100. Just to have the "urgent" one done.^^]

You have to ranch and consume 114 hatches in 100 days... It takes 20ish days to get a rancher and lets say 30-40 days to eat that much meat, with 10-12 dups. Something like 24 adult hatches around cycle 60 or so. depends on how many wild/care packages you eat.

Better off hunting or ranching shove voles. One means braving the surface without a atmo suit, the other means burning  a good percentage of your dirt. Plus all the micro to enclose them and deal with their droppings. Chances are you wont have an auto miner and metal tiles set up.  On the plus  side you only need 25 or so. :p You would have to be lucky and get a care package.... or just save scum em.

On 19/7/2019 at 9:22 AM, Lurve said:

If you click on the achievement in-game it will tell u whether that achievement is still obtainable, if u can no longer achieve it and how much progress towards it you have. Hope that helped :)

Click on the POD

Pod.PNG

Then Click on Achievements

Achieve.PNGF

Find the achievement you're wanting to accomplish

achiementwant.PNG

And lastly click on it to expand with the info.

clickachieve.PNG

29 minutes ago, tai_chini said:
On 7/19/2019 at 3:22 PM, Lurve said:

If you click on the achievement in-game it will tell u whether that achievement is still obtainable, if u can no longer achieve it and how much progress towards it you have. Hope that helped :)

Yes but they added this only now as new feature in current version 361684

• Selecting an achievement in the colony summary screen shows detailed progress towards that achievement

Archived