Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

SR17740    193

FIRST OFF THIS IS A JOKE, please don't kill me

I'm just having some fun here

Also might be educational idk-

So I was doing what I do best and procrastinating, I was reading up on plant biology because that's what I'm studying in school currently. Until my mind wandered and I thought, Wormwood's a plant, I wonder if they're able to reproduce. 
So upon looking at wormwood in full bloom, I noticed something odd.

image.png.3de00fe4cea30126244964a1f6160ed3.png

There is only a single spire(?) thing in the centre of the flower, at first, I thought oh it's a stigma (female part), meaning Wormwood is an incomplete flower and can't reproduce. Until I realised that there was pollen coming from it, now stigma cannot create pollen, only stamen (male part). Now, this was very weird as a plant only having a stamen and it being on top of the plant is a strange thing. At this point, I thought "Why am I looking so far into this, it's a fictional plant-" but then I remembered a plant that I used to grow at home.

CORN.

Now corn plants are very weird when it comes to reproduction, they have a single stamen at the top and when it's time to pollinate the corn, the stamen drops pollen onto the awaiting stigma and petals. Which looks very similar to what Wormwood is doing. This means the petals on the side of his face are most likely the petals that protect the stigma. 

Now does this have any lore relevance? No.
Is this in anyways important? No.
Am I looking way too far into this? Definitely, 100%, but I found it interesting and perhaps someone else might too. 

So in conclusion, Wormwood is related to corn based on the way they reproduce and I have far too much time on my hands. 

Thank you!

If people somehow actually enjoy reading about if a character is anatomically possible, I might do it again, I found it fun in any case.

Daniel86268    368

Thank you for sharing your insights with us. With that I've expanded my pool of unnessesary knowlege with Wormwood=Corn.

Now I can't unsee Wormwood being eaten after grilled like a cob of corn.... *waits for Wormwood to become edible for other players*

Or used used for .... oder .... activities.... (Ladies? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Sorry.

Terra_Zina    4,715
1 hour ago, Daniel86268 said:

What can I say. Country girls make do.

-Variant    4,476
21 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Ahem @+Variant

Brago-sama    1,213
18 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

What can I say. Country girls make do.

Aaaand my night is ruined

DatShadowJK    2,321
On 08/07/2019 at 6:21 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Popcorn.

sadly, cooking an alive creature is regarded as 'unethical'. 

__IvoCZE__    5,915
40 minutes ago, DatShadowJK said:

sadly, cooking an alive creature is regarded as 'unethical'. 

what if it's dead?

-Variant    4,476
11 hours ago, AN-0923 said:

Forgive me for burning carrats alive for some leafy meat.

: (