• Fix some initiatives being awarded incorrectly
  • Further adjustments to Research Screen zooming
  • Remove some unused recipes
  • Aluminum ore care package no longer requires discovering an unused element
  • Atmosuits can now be made out of copper, aluminum, or iron
  • Atmosuits now use refined metal instead of raw metal
  • Improved atmosuit recipe names to indicate material choices
  • There are now buried Mealwood seeds in the forest areas
  • Boulders and other random features no longer spawn in the starting biome (large features can still overlap the boundaries.)
  • Fix the glow on Park Sign
  • Escape key no longer "cancels" worldgen
  • Fixed inconsistency between the seed/traits shown on the asteroid select screen and those actually used to generate a world
  • Fixed an Arbor Tree sound bug
  • Arbor Tree trunks no longer get old and withered
  • Restore invisible text on planter side screen
  • Wood Generator now emits exhaust in the correct location so it won't destroy adjacent tiles
  • Removed an incorrect descriptor on the Desalinator
  • POI security door is flipped the correct way in newly generated worlds
  • Increase the default temperature of Waterweed to match its survivability and biome
  • Fixed missing strings on world traits
  • Fixed tooltip on world shuffle button
  • Pacus drop Fillets instead of Meat
  • Ceiling light coverage is once again cone-shaped
  • Large pass on tooltips throughout the game to increase brevity and readability. There are now bolded/highlighted concepts in the tooltips.
  • Park sign no long affects decor, that's up to your park!

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 12
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  •  
  • Atmosuits can now be made out of copper, aluminum, or iron
  • Atmosuits now use refined metal instead of raw metal
  • Fixed inconsistency between the seed/traits shown on the asteroid select screen and those actually used to generate a world

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chemie said:

but still issue that some maps will not have reed fibers?

Not as big of a deal as drecko eggs show up often enough for my uses. All I need is one egg in the first 50 cycles and I'll be swimming in reed fibre by cycle 200.

Just now, beowulf2010 said:

Not as big of a deal as drecko eggs show up often enough for my uses. All I need is one egg in the first 50 cycles and I'll be swimming in reed fibre by cycle 200.

kind of sucks for those who do not like to drecko farm....

40 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • There are now buried Mealwood seeds in the forest areas
  • Boulders and other random features no longer spawn in the starting biome (large features can still overlap the boundaries.)

Nice, those were my two big issues with the new worldgen!

Mealwood seeds are buried in the forest, but not muckroot or bristle blossems?  Is that going to stay that way?  The lack of muckroot is especially problematic for giving the player time to get everything setup and get past the first few skill points.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, chemie said:

kind of sucks for those who do not like to drecko farm....

Sometimes people just gotta do something different that they may not be fond of. Dreckos are probably one of the easiest critters to raise for a short time for a quick burst of resources. 

I didn't ranch at all for the longest time, but now? I go straight from mealwood to exclusively BBQ as soon as I can. Sometimes as early as cycle 100 if I get lucky with a polluted water source for the peppernuts. 

3 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Mealwood seeds are buried in the forest, but not muckroot or bristle blossems?  Is that going to stay that way?  The lack of muckroot is especially problematic for giving the player time to get everything setup and get past the first few skill points.

That's a good point.  I know muckroot was a lifeline for me on more than one occasion when I was new to the game.

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

It's nice to have developers that pay attention and make reasonable adjustments to issues brought up by their players.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Mush Bars can be used to buy time to uncover enough seeds.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Apparently waterweed doesn't like being in .. um.. water.

It wants to sit in just 1 layer of water.

Blame world gen for not providing the ideal environment (ie: entombment of peppernuts and balm lillies/dashasalt outside of chlorine)

• Thanks 1

Great update!

Please consider adding WASD movement/scrolling to the Research screen.  Also, some more gradations with the zoom.  Seems there is only zoom out and zoom in; nothing in between. 

Thanks.

Amaizing update, Klei! This is gorgeous!

There is my suggestions:

- Gas Range consumes to much Neutral Gas. 500g per second it's crazy

- Ethanol Distiller drops Dirt to often. Little grams every second it's to broken. Make it reset Dirt when 10kg on stock

- Arbor Tree branches resets their priority to 5 after harvesting

- Duplicants use fertilizer for every branch of Arbor tree separatly

- There is no recipe for lvl 2 food station with Nosh Bean so it's hard manage midgame food nessesory

- Make a mark "dropped" for all items wich was dropped from Droppers so Duplicants never pick it up automaticly and storage into Droppers again

- Builder skill affects to build more complicated and technical machines and buildings (example: Duplicant with no Builder skill can't build Steam Turbine or Rocket parts)

- Item filters for Conveyor Rails pls

- My game crashes when I pick Colony Summary buttom

Edited by Slavyanin