Really liking the expanded food options, and how different biomes will play differently with that. I'm currently playing a arboreal seed with no natural gas geysers, which is going to be rough with the range. This is the first time I've built a fertilizer machine in about a year. As far as I can tell, it takes 20kg of natural gas to complete a recipe (probably less depending on dupe ability). It also seems to completely lose progress on the food item when it runs out of gas, though the good news seems to be the range contents are protected from rot.

59 minutes ago, hackcasual said:

Really liking the expanded food options, and how different biomes will play differently with that. I'm currently playing a arboreal seed with no natural gas geysers, which is going to be rough with the range. This is the first time I've built a fertilizer machine in about a year. As far as I can tell, it takes 20kg of natural gas to complete a recipe (probably less depending on dupe ability). It also seems to completely lose progress on the food item when it runs out of gas, though the good news seems to be the range contents are protected from rot.

refinary makes ng too

4 minutes ago, hackcasual said:

For sure, but if recipes are 20Kg's, you're looking at 1/3rd of a cycle of full refinery operation for 1 cooking operation. In any case, my biggest problem is the fact that unless a cook completes it wastes the gas.

put an element detector on the pipe back far enough to ensure one cook cycle

Just think, those large 45kg LPG gas bottles you get for houses off the gas pipe line would only last 100 seconds... I'm surprised the poor duplicant isn't wearing an Atmosuit while cooking.  Would only take 4-5 seconds to make the air around that area 100 degrees.

26 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Still not at home neither have numbers in my head, so what do you guys think about new value ?

My mod most likely still works. I didn't plan for it to be a permanent mod though. I have no comments on what the right values should be as I just wrote whatever other people proposed :p

7 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Well... 100g/s is still bigger than wished values. Apparently Klei still want it to be a minimum challenging ;)

Now it's 1129 W worth of natural gas (assuming the power comes from gas generators). It dropped from around 4 metal refineries to just a single metal refinery.

18 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Now it's 1129 W worth of natural gas (assuming the power comes from gas generators). It dropped from around 4 metal refineries to just a single metal refinery.

That sounds pretty good... no ? we're still talking about high tier food so...

Archived