World gen with all possible biomes?

Is that an option? I absolutely adore new content and I'm super hyped for it all, but I would love to have it together with the lovely old content :) I've unveiled the Arborea map, curious to see what's there, and I see there's no slime biome at all, and no regular temperate biome either. And judging by the dev post that's the only map that includes all 3 of the new biomes?

The world generators are scripts, which can be added with mods. If Klei doesn't want to add such a world, a modder could do it. I already tried an existing worldgen mod, but unsurprisingly it froze while making the map. Ignoring the fact that the worldgen mods needs updating, the preview does indeed still support modded world generators.

Yes you can start with every biome on Verdante.

Edit: Well not the old starting biome, there is a new one for it.
Caution: Any map that starts with the new starting biome will not have access to copper without finding a ruin with copper ore then waiting till the printing pod gives you some.

5 hours ago, bryce325 said:

Caution: Any map that starts with the new starting biome will not have access to copper without finding a ruin with copper ore then waiting till the printing pod gives you some.

and I just tried it. There are no atmo suit recipes outside of the copper one. Need more recipes added to the forge to use different metals. At the very least one for aluminium.

5 hours ago, bryce325 said:

There's also no algae I think.

Edit: No algae in the starting biome.

Just now, bryce325 said:

In the Verdante there is a slime biome with algae

Yeah but for the starting oxygen people are gonna have to hope they make a hella lot of co2 for the plants to convert cuz the starting biome makes terrariums and o2 diffusers useless.

Yah I think its intended we use that new plant that produces oxygen. It chugs water like a bristleblossom though. Good thing we got that new seeds plant themselves mechanic. We'll be needing it to save water from the ravages of the oxy plant. 

Just now, bleeter6 said:

Yeah but for the starting oxygen people are gonna have to hope they make a hella lot of co2 for the plants to convert cuz the starting biome makes terrariums and o2 diffusers useless.

With the addition of rust we have enough options that losing one route is no longer an issue. 

3 minutes ago, Promethien said:

Yah I think its intended we use that new plant that produces oxygen. It chugs water like a bristleblossom though. Good thing we got that new seeds plant themselves mechanic. We'll be needing it to save water from the ravages of the oxy plant. 

I was under the impression it also needs co2 to work, so wood furnaces to the rescue! Annnnnd heat death.

Just now, bryce325 said:

With the addition of rust we have enough options that losing one route is no longer an issue. 

So there isn't a granite barrier around the starting biome for the new asteroids? I didn't really pay attention when I tried out the beta.

1 minute ago, bleeter6 said:

So there isn't a granite barrier around the starting biome for the new asteroids? I didn't really pay attention when I tried out the beta.

On my run 50% of the land bordering my starting biome was slime 30% being a rust biome and the rest being an pocket of obsidian. There is a wall of granite surrounding your biome but that is easily avoided by starting with a digger. Oxylite and the ferns will easily last until you can achieve a single skill point. If for some reason you can not manage to bring a single digger then you might have to rely on converting water for a moment depending on how fast you want more dupes.

10 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

I was under the impression it also needs co2 to work, so wood furnaces to the rescue! Annnnnd heat death.

It does require co2 but someone in another thread mathed it out. They convert co2 to o2 at the same ratio dupes breathe. So we need to be more thoughtful with the design of our co2 pit.

Just now, lilibat said:

If someone finds a seed with all biomes I'd love to see it. 

Not possible as there are two different starting biomes that are only available as starting biomes so in any case you miss out on one. You can however have maps that include all the rest.

verdant does not have ice biome (if you want wheeze and nullifiers).  don't see the new stuff on planets yet, but it seems it does appear in the printer.  there is now a planet with wolframite and tungsten.

I too want a max biome variety map to play on.  Guess I will tinker with mapgen.

2 minutes ago, Colqhoun said:

verdant does not have ice biome (if you want wheeze and nullifiers).  don't see the new stuff on planets yet, but it seems it does appear in the printer.  there is now a planet with wolframite and tungsten.

I too want a max biome variety map to play on.  Guess I will tinker with mapgen.

Play verdante and spawn in a bit of copper and you have everything

Biomes per asteroid type

Terra: Copper, Caustic, Slime, Cold, Saltwater, Oil. No Arboreal. No Rust.

Verdante: Arboreal, Caustic, Slime, Saltwater, Rust, Oil. No Copper. No Cold.

Arborea: Arboreal, Caustic, Cold, Saltwater, Rust, Oil. No Copper. No Slime.

The Badlands: Copper, Caustic, Cold, Saltwater, Rust, Oil. No Arboreal. No Slime. Large areas of rock, mostly granite and igneous. 

Rime: Copper, Arboreal, Caustic, Slime, Cold, Saltwater, Rust, Oil. Map outside start biome is freezing temp. Start biome colder than average. Start circle is always Copper. Both start biomes can spawn anywhere. Caustic areas do not have balm lily or dreckos. 

Aridio: Arboreal, Caustic, Slime, Saltwater, Rust, Oil. No Copper. No Cold. Higher start temperature everywhere.

Oasisse: Arboreal, Copper, Caustic, Slime, Saltwater, Oil. No Cold, No Rust. Large areas of sandstone and sand. 

Volcanea: Copper, Caustic, Slime, Cold, Saltwater, Oil. No Arboreal. No Rust. Large areas of obsidian and magma. Magma areas can block access to biome chunks.

Oceania: Copper, Caustic, Slime, Cold, Saltwater, Oil. No Arboreal, No Rust. Large saltwater areas take up much of the map.

Sooo... out of 9 types of asteroids:

4 asteroids without forest biomes

4 asteroids without rust biomes

3 asteroids without cold biomes

3 asteroids without copper biomes

2 asteroids without slime biomes

1 asteroid with very limited caustic biome (no dreckos or lilies)

All have tide pools and oil biomes.

It gives you an idea of where the biomes stand in terms of importance right now, in the devs' eyes.

1 hour ago, Colqhoun said:

Well, it is rather simple: Just add the subworld to the others near the top of the world file and then specify the location of it at the middle-bottom part.

This is what happens if you add frozen to the nearest and sandstone/sandstone (starting biome) to the magma:

Spoiler

20190628072451_1.thumb.jpg.6ca53ab3b83f6d12218f039f7d01a659.jpg

Let me move it to Frozen...

Spoiler

20190628073352_1.thumb.jpg.15ec1d3cecdc9c349b5721a1f114999b.jpg

and yes, I forgot which key combination removes the GUI and did not bother to consult the wiki

Also, gonna work on a Pre-Launch Sheet for biomes (13) and their variations, there are 55 total... although my unreleased sheet for the space destinations needs an update if not also rework.

15 hours ago, bryce325 said:

So you can generate a map that means no exosuits and no space unless you roll a copper drop at the pod?  That seems very short-sighted?

The exosuit forge recipe does not use generic ore, suits MUST be built with copper ore. So on maps without copper biomes... yeah.

It seems like a simple oversight and I suspect the forge itself will be given more flexible options.

16 minutes ago, chemie said:

So you can generate a map that means no exosuits and no space unless you roll a copper drop at the pod?  That seems very short-sighted?

Worse, the Printer Pod will not produce Copper if you have not already discovered it.  So...  yeah.

Archived