I think that life giving amulets should also have that one great property that they already have in regular DS: 

They should instantly revive you, without the need of haunting it as a ghost, if you have the amulet equipped. By saying that I don't mean that the DST way should be removed. Also your inventory wouldn't become a lootsplosion that you have to pick up again and then spend time on organizing it, not mentioning the risk of it all burning in some situations.

Spoiler

I would also like looting your corpse's inventory, besides the item wielded during the moment of death, which would fall on the ground for you to pick up.

What do you all think?

18 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

You need to actually WEAR the life giving amulet for it to revive u in normal ds.. Doesn't work if you just carry it in your inventory 

I guess what you want is a completely different suggestion. 

I don't understand what's so confusing. I suggested carrying the DS amulets' property over to DST. That's the reason why I bothered posting it here. 

And why would I suggest this if it already was a thing, which it isn't, so that's why I posted this?

Please read the suggestion again, carefully.

6 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

I don't understand what's so confusing. I suggested carrying the DS amulets' property over to DST. That's the reason why I bothered posting it here. 

And why would I suggest this if it already was a thing, which it isn't, so that's why I posted this?

Please read the suggestion again, carefully.

I did read it. Tbh the way DS amulets work is nothing I would ever consider bringing to DST. I find it not intuitive to be forced to wear the amulet considering you could heal yourself if you knew you were gonna die in the first place. 

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I did read it. Tbh the way DS amulets work is nothing I would ever consider bringing to DST. I find it not intuitive to be forced to wear the amulet considering you could heal yourself if you knew you were gonna die in the first place. 

Yeah, I kinda prefer the dst way too. But, there's probably a mod for the ds way.

1 minute ago, Troppok said:

Can the amuelets heal you or are they just a rez item?

They can heal u too... It's very slow too and you need to have it equipped all the time... so I wouldn't consider it unless in an emergency really 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

They can heal u too... It's very slow too and you need to have it equipped all the time... so I wouldn't consider it unless in an emergency really 

So I can use it to heal wormwood over time, and still rez with even 1% left?

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think Wilson_pl meant it as to combine the DS amulet mechanic ( having it to be in chest slot to revive ) and the DST mechanic ( haunt to revive )

5 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I think Wilson_pl meant it as to combine the DS amulet mechanic ( having it to be in chest slot to revive ) and the DST mechanic ( haunt to revive )

Nope. He didn't said combined. 

15 minutes ago, Troppok said:

So I can use it to heal wormwood over time, and still rez with even 1% left?

Yes

I agree with the idea, it would be a nice little QoL change.

6 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:
12 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Nope. He didn't said combined. 

I also understood Wilson_pl's post like IvoCZE. Having a DS property doesn't mean to lose DST properties.

25 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

9 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I agree with the idea, it would be a nice little QoL change.

I also understood Wilson_pl's post like IvoCZE. Having a DS property doesn't mean to lose DST properties.

Wilson said specifically to res u automatically WHILE EQUIPPED. Not to combine it. 

2 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

They should instantly revive you, without the need of haunting it as a ghost, if you have the amulet equipped.

57 minutes ago, trinket_4 said:

I think its better the DST way, because if you insta-revive, probably the same mob that killed you in the first place is gonna kill you again

That's why in don't starve the nearby mobs are put to sleep when you revive.

4 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Saying that "if you equip it, it revives you" doesn't mean "if you don't equip it, it doesn't revive you".

35 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I give a shoutout for @__IvoCZE__ and @fimmatek for actually understanding my point. It's nice to see that somebody understands that adding something does not mean that the other feature should be replaced.

Exactly, I see no harm in allowing instant revivals too if the amulet is worn, actually that'd be good and introduce an alternative way to use the amulet, with the benefit of not dropping your stuff. Right now wearing the amulet on your chest is mostly useless but in principle that's how you should be carrying an amulet anyway. I don't know why people are so reserved about a simple additional feature that already existed in Don't Starve.

11 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Exactly, I see no harm in allowing instant revivals too if the amulet is worn, actually that'd be good and introduce an alternative way to use the amulet, with the benefit of not dropping your stuff. Right now wearing the amulet on your chest is mostly useless but in principle that's how you should be carrying an amulet anyway. I don't know why people are so reserved about a simple additional feature that already existed in Don't Starve.

sounds good in paper but this is a good argument why it's not good in practical terms 

12 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

I think its better the DST way, because if you insta-revive, probably the same mob that killed you in the first place is gonna kill you again

unless the devs also introduce the "sleeping" effect like in normal ds there is really no point in bringing that feature and tbh applying sleep on mobs after res when you are in DST can be easily abused...

Don't see why bringing this just because some people don't wanna pick inventory from the floor...

15 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

this is a good argument why it's not good in practical terms 

unless the devs also introduce the "sleeping" effect like in normal ds there is really no point in bringing that feature

WHAT is a good argument why it's not good practically? 

There's no sleeping effect in DST because it's TOGETHER, that makes perfect sense to me, in single player it skips a day for you in order not to bore the players with sleeping for the rest of the day, getting to the next day, a common feature in many single player adventure games- sleep to skip to next day.  It'd be nigh impossible to implement in DST since all players are playing in the same temporal plane. What are they going to do? Send sleeping players to a new server where it's the next day and leave the rest of the players an after image of him like a Mario Kart speed trial ghost? Or worse immediately make it morning for all players the moment someone sleeps.

On the other hand letting amulet resurrect immediately without item scattering when worn is such a simple and manageable thing to do. What can be argued against it, that it's not needed? What is truly needed anyway? Did we NEED Don't Starve Together to live? We didn't but it's sure great to have it.

18 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

WHAT is a good argument why it's not good practically? 

There's no sleeping effect in DST because it's TOGETHER, that makes perfect sense to me, in single player it skips a day for you in order not to bore the players with sleeping for the rest of the day, getting to the next day, a common feature in many single player adventure games- sleep to skip to next day.  It'd be nigh impossible to implement in DST since all players are playing in the same temporal plane. What are they going to do? Send sleeping players to a new server where it's the next day and leave the rest of the players an after image of him like a Mario Kart speed trial ghost? Or worse immediately make it morning for all players the moment someone sleeps.

On the other hand letting amulet resurrect immediately without item scattering when worn is such a simple and manageable thing to do. What can be argued against it, that it's not needed? What is truly needed anyway? Did we NEED Don't Starve Together to live? We didn't but it's sure great to have it.

??? .... I never said all players and mobs need to sleep after a res... just the traditional effect and range of a panflute use as normal sleeping mechanics in DST...  why would you randomly talk about sleeping everything and everyone in the server? that doesn't make any sense...

you seem to think that making the amulet auto res when equipped is "simple and manageable" BUT just on a technical aspect the coding of DS and DST is different ... we cannot assume this is an ez thing to translate something from DS to DST ....

anyways... I don't like the suggestion and I'm gonna leave it there... we can agree to disagree..

28 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

??? .... I never said all players and mobs need to sleep after a res... just the traditional effect and range of a panflute use as normal sleeping mechanics in DST...  why would you randomly talk about sleeping everything and everyone in the server? that doesn't make any sense.

Ah sorry I thought you were speaking of the Tent/Strawroll sleeping mechanic when you said... well... sleeping. That's why I was so perplexed to hear such a prepostorous proposal. Excuise-moi.

Archived