Bigfoot

Griftlands Reboot, Alpha and Roadmap

Dynamix_Roxx    199
Posted (edited)

I hate to ask again and again, but is this coming to consoles? It looks awesome! 

Edited by Dynamix_Roxx

ImDaMisterL    19,705
7 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I hate to ask again and again, but is this coming to consoles? It looks awesome! 

Not official info, but it's a possibility! Klei usually ports their games to consoles after they have been officially launched out of beta/EA for computers.

Thalkas    752
3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I guess I will take a break for a year from this game... deep sighs as you propably don't know what epic does.

Yea I know what you feel, with all my heart I hate Epic among others for mails with attempted burglary and a lot of other things. But if it is better for Klei with start on Epic then we need to accept their choice. Good news with release on steam, although after one year but better this than nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Chad_Klatz    4

buy on epic and get a free steam copy ♥♥♥
would be great if every developer could do something like this.

• Like 2

Quyzbuk    589

3 minutes ago, KevinWalter said:

I find Epic as a company distasteful, and feel much the same about developers and publishers who sign exclusivity agreements with them. I'm honestly not sure a year will be a long enough time for me to be okay with spending my money on this game.

I was thinking about that too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, it's an alpha going there first (which... do they even have forums yet on that bare bones joke of a store?) and if you support them there you get your proper Steam version for beta and final release.

Honestly this seems like a win for everyone, you get Steam regardless, and they get the cash upfront from Epic to continue their day to day with zero affect on their customers, whom they are still very clearly respecting. From this point of view, it really is a brilliant move. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guess this'll be like when Tencent held the Roseate skins hostage for about a year before it was brought to DST proper. Its unfortunate to see another thing like this happening again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

__IvoCZE__    5,947
Just now, WilliamGreywind said:

Guess this'll be like when Tencent held the Roseate skins hostage for about a year before it was brought to DST proper. Its unfortunate to see another thing like this happening again.

It's funny you mention Tencent when this is Epic keeping the game.

• Like 1

__IvoCZE__    5,947
3 minutes ago, Mobirae said:

You guys are better than an epic exclusive. That's very sad. I'll be passing on this. Sucks considering I have every other Klei game. 

Heya Newcomer, I hope you will be happy here even though epic exclusive is a thing...

• Like 1

__IvoCZE__    5,947
21 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

The game will not be exclusive forever, and if that money makes the game better and closer to the devs' vision, is it really selling out in the worst sense?

The problem is that If it wasn't E p i c, most of the players here would like it even if it was exclusive to some other platform ( than steam and epic )

• Like 2

Bluckles    229

I think it's important to know that it's just for the alpha. I don't think Epic is a good launcher but I don't see the problem with having it just for the alpha. It's a competitive business move to take a game and make it exclusive for a small time to a store. Personally I don't want to buy a game twice so I'm not going to get it on Epic just to eventually move to a more favorable launcher. Pretty bad decision but big deal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DirtWolf    59
3 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

I think it's important to know that it's just for the alpha. I don't think Epic is a good launcher but I don't see the problem with having it just for the alpha. It's a competitive business move to take a game and make it exclusive for a small time to a store. Personally I don't want to buy a game twice so I'm not going to get it on Epic just to eventually move to a more favorable launcher. Pretty bad decision but big deal. 

If you buy on Epic, you'll get it on Steam for free

• Like 1

KevinWalter    68
1 minute ago, Bluckles said:

You get it for both platforms when you buy it for one.

The issue isn't that it's available on Epic. It's that it's exclusive to Epic for a time, and like so many others this year... Klei took the money and signed the contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2