Should the healing animations for salve and poutice be shortened?

Should Honey poultices and Healing salves have faster using animations?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your stance?

• Yes it would be more effcient, allow people to more easily heal mid combat and might make them more widely used
    • No they are fine as is and keep Wormwood from being able to heal mid combat
    • Yes (alternative reason in comments)
    • No (alternative reason in comments)

Just to see how the people feel about the animation time for using these items

Edit: by make the animations shorter I mean like instead of using the crafting animation normally (around one second) it would use the shortened version such as Winona speed crafting or Willow putting out smoldering

No.

Because then you'll have to make pan flute anim shorter

and then make wormhole jump uninterruptable by damage

and then make jerky use the fast eating

and then keep going until everyone is happy so everything is fast and easy.

3 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

by "shorten the animation times" i mean when you apply the item to heal to rather be a single second like a craft should be like Winonas fast crafting perk in speed

wino's crafting and willow's extinguish use a newer third speed tier called "domediumaction" IIRC. Yes, I understand this is what you refer to.

Still, my point stands.

The Stone Fruit Bushes in the DST RoT Beta already buffed Healing Salve pretty good because they produce it almost for free: Rocks and Vegetables which can be turned into rot (fertilizer) or ashes quickly. Healing Salve feels pretty nice on Maxwell because he has only 75 max health and it doesn't spoil like Pierogi etc. so he can use it whenever he needs to heal.

5 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

the pan flute is already almost instant

5 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

isn't it already like that?

and even then its reasonably fast enough as is unlike the whole second given by heal items

6 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

the reason this was made was so it would be a comparable alternative to meats and such because since the animation leaves a whole second of immobility and can be interrupted during a fight`when you'd need to heal

meat takes less time to use and is harder to interrupt

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

The Stone Fruit Bushes in the DST RoT Beta already buffed Healing Salve pretty good because they produce it almost for free: Rocks and Vegetables which can be turned into rot (fertilizer) or ashes quickly. Healing Salve feels pretty nice on Maxwell because he has only 75 max health and it doesn't spoil like Pierogi etc. so he can use it whenever he needs to heal.

this isn't a buff to effectiveness more just making them faster to use mid fight while not being interrupted

The poll doesn't have a generic "no" option...

Healing is fine as is imo.

Wormwood isn't released in DST yet so tying the main "no" option to him is weird. "keep Wormwood from being too good at combat" is the part that's confusing. Why does the main "no" have you inadvertently say that Wormwood's bad at combat?

44 minutes ago, CossonWool said:

The poll doesn't have a generic "no" option...

Healing is fine as is imo.

Wormwood isn't released in DST yet so trying the main "no" option to him is weird. "keep Wormwood from being too good at combat" is the part that's confusing. Why does the main "no" have you inadvertently say that Wormwood's bad at combat?

1 well it has a longer more easily interruptible heals because others can eat food with a faster animation its annoying for him because you can be hit out of healing animation

2 there is a generic "no" option you just need your reason for putting it

4 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

( not to mention that you can open literal stacks worth of stone fruit via only one single dust of gunpowder)

6 hours ago, Hell-met said:

No.

I can't tell if you're joking or not?

The Pan Flutes effect is instant, the animation may take a little time but no matter the effect is already applied.

I've been attacked as i've gone through a Wormhole, so again not sure what you are trying to say here.

The Jerky already has a quick enough animation especially considering its substantial increase of all 3 fields. Sure it is interruptable but you don't need to go to far away to be able to eat a couple.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personally i'd like to see the animation sped up as very few players seem to use these items outside of their base, i always keep a stack of Honey Poultices on me but i'm the exception not the rule.

I think the healing times are fine. They don’t take any longer than the “eating big foods” animation, and people seem fine doing that in mid-combat; all you have to do is give yourself some distance and you’re good. It’s not that big of a problem unless you’ve ended up swarmed by hoards of spiders; and even then I’d say that’d probably be your own fault.

Besides, applying first aid isn’t exactly something you can do on the run in the first place. It’s understandable it’d take just a little bit time to get done. 

12 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I think the healing times are fine. They don’t take any longer than the “eating big foods” animation, and people seem fine doing that in mid-combat; all you have to do is give yourself some distance and you’re good. It’s not that big of a problem unless you’ve ended up swarmed by hoards of spiders; and even then I’d say that’d probably be your own fault.

Besides, applying first aid isn’t exactly something you can do on the run in the first place. It’s understandable it’d take just a little bit time to get done. 

The problem is that healing items(not food) are garbage in comparison to other methods of healing and a faster animation would give them an advantage over using food.

Also you can eat an entire pie in seconds so who cares about realism.

45 minutes ago, Osbalop said:

The problem is that healing items(not food) are garbage in comparison to other methods of healing and a faster animation would give them an advantage over using food.

Also you can eat an entire pie in seconds so who cares about realism.

maybe it's the dragonpie that needs to do the long eat?

I think the counter to being unperishables and easy to mass stack, is the fact that they take slightly longer to use. It makes sense that it has a downside, to basically force us to also make healing foods or sleeping, and not just exist with meatballs and healing salve (although you could, technically, if you chose to. Healing food is going to be more efficient in the long run though)

I don't mind if they lower the animation time slightly though, I just don't think it should be on par of food.

Wormwood has a strong downside and forces you to adapt your gameplay, and I think its part of what makes the character fun and challenging.

21 hours ago, Hell-met said:

No.

this is a bad argument and you convinced a total of zero (0) people with it

1 hour ago, Hell-met said:

poultices aren't meant for mid combat use

1 hour ago, Fjedjik said:

And why is that?

I'll elaborate if I may: They can be used mid combat, basically anything can be done, people doesn't do it often since they are less efficient than a healing food item such as a pierogi, a blue mushroom or a jerky. This is because poultices have a longer animation which can be interrupted, and you probably would do better if you move to a side of the battle for a second to heal with items (which you don't need to do with food)

It is not that gamebreaking in any way, honestly, I often forget to make pierogi and use just salves as Maxwell on most battles.

Wormwood will be able to do it as well, he even has more hp than Max.

9 hours ago, Hell-met said:

maybe it's the dragonpie that needs to do the long eat?

maybe instead of adding artificial and annoying de-buff to a widely used item maybe you should make the other less used things have less of them?

6 hours ago, Hell-met said:

poultices aren't meant for mid combat use

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

because poultices have a longer animation

That is a circular argument. Your argument is basically:

we can’t decrease the animation time because it has a longer animation time

5 hours ago, Fjedjik said:

That is a circular argument. Your argument is basically:

we can’t decrease the animation time because it has a longer animation time

I think you are confusing me for someone else,  I explained why poultices are not considered by many people useful during combat. Nothing more and nothing else.

What I said in a previous post was that the longer animation of poultice and salve compensates the fact that they are fairly easy to mass craft and that they never spoil. Most things in the game have at least one drawback: it spoils, its hard to get the materials, requires you to know how to fight shadows, lowers sanity, takes time, etc. 

Without that extra time of application mechanic, they would become better healers than healing food, and we'd probably never need to make anything else. The idea behind adding at least one different drawback to everything is so your choices matter, of what you choose is always tactical, and there is no "right item" or "right way to do something".

As I also said in a previous post I wouldnt mind if the animation got slightly reduced, but I wouldn't remove it entirely.

Archived