Please add canons that can be used for PVP as well as PVE

I know what you're thinking. PVP is dead. Nobody plays it. I know, I know...but hear me out, I have a really good argument for this:

I REALLY WANT SHIP BATTLES. The end.

Please can we have canons that can be used for PVE and PVP. I know this game's PVP interests are long gone, but it would be nice to just have the option to enable it so we can have some awesome Pirates of the Caribbean ship battles between friends. 

That is all.

2 hours ago, Squirrel 2.0 said:

I know what you're thinking. PVP is dead. Nobody plays it. I know, I know...but hear me out, I have a really good argument for this:

I REALLY WANT SHIP BATTLES. The end.

Please can we have canons that can be used for PVE and PVP. I know this game's PVP interests are long gone, but it would be nice to just have the option to enable it so we can have some awesome Pirates of the Caribbean ship battles between friends. 

That is all.

Just download a mod for that when somebody makes it. Pretty sure it's not worth the time and effort for a gamemode that is pretty much rendered dead at this point

3 hours ago, Alarsin said:

PVP is dead. Nobody plays it.

I don't specifically play PvP but it's always active in my world. I like the added risk of players randomly trying to execute me or being able to give someone a quick whack with a walking cane when they're somewhere they're not supposed to be. 

I can't wait for people to start raiding other players trying to get to the lunar island. That's international waters and fair game as far as I'm concerned. 

While Cannons, right now, could only used on hounds in PvE, but it would be a great way to lay the groundwork for future aquatic mobs. I think that is enough to justify its inclusion.

As for PvP, I think boat PvP has more potential then land PvP, though I’ll admit I consider it a bit of a pipe dream. There could actually be some interesting tactics in steering the ships while firing cannons, making sure you have light should night fall before the combat ends, preventing the ship from leaking and worrying about and preventing enemies boarding your ship. Combat would likely have to temporarily disable ship repairs for it to work well, unless combatants agree to an honour rule (a la Dark Souls)

I’m having fun just thinking about the hypothetical starategies. Wortox could make a good boarder to harass the enemy ship. Maxwell is pretty fragile, but a few of his shadow duellists could be pretty good at harassing a lone Wortox, since they don’t drop souls, and thus the rest of the crew could focus their attention in other places. Want to board the enemy, but they keep running away? Launch a fire staff at their mast, it’ll waste their time extinguishing it, at least.  Does the enemy make one person hold all the boat patches? Threaten them with an ice staff! What’s the range of a deconstruction staff, that could be pretty useful, but it would always drop the materials needed to rebuild the thing you destroyed. So many things seem powerful, but in the end, only one team can win. If one strategy is dominant, like sleep we’re in land PvP, there’s enough variety to work around it by using different items. While the existing items are very good at harassing an enemy ship, there aren’t enough ways to sink a ship to make the game end in anything other then a melee on a boat, which is boring. Hence, Cannons enable dozens more longer-ranged strategies.

Or who knows, perhaps there’s a really obvious perfect strategy I haven’t thought of. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

12 hours ago, Mencken said:

You could also use a fire staff to burn their boat down and catapults to destroy flingo if there is one on their boat.

You can also just burn their anchor and steering wheel.

P.S. Also, catapults can’t attack ice flingos because they’re not targetable by the player.

I was told that catapults had been updated to attack other players if Winona attacks them first in a PvP world, but I haven't had the chance to try it. (They didn't do this when they were first added, which is where some of the confusion comes from.) I don't think they can destroy any structures that you can't attack with a weapon.

Archived