Aren't swimming hounds a bit too much?

Getting caught in the middle of the sea by 20 hounds isn't really fun. You either fight on a tiny platform and be burned/frozen to death or abadndon ship and fight while completly soaked.

Maybe hounds would arrive the moment you step on land, like it is with SW Krampus?

You just have to

A B A N D O N  S H I P

Joke appart, I feel like swimming hounds is actually something needed since ships are very powerfull for exploits. For exemple you can trap for eternity any ground being that ennoy you. (kinda well balanced, if flying mobs keep being trapped we could say goodbye to bats for a couple of purple gems)

And talking about ennoying creatures thoses are most of the times : hounds.

But there is to many hounds to trap them on the boat so if they can't swim you just have to go yourself on a boat and end them with traps :

tooth traps, houndius shootius, winona's catapults, anenemy, gunpowder, namy other creative ways... make your choise !

So yeah, hound waves have to keep working for making the boat more fair for game difficulty, remember of the Pig King event in year of the pig ? Players had a way to stop hound waves for as long as they wanted to, if they could make a sea base to stop hound waves, they'll do so. It don't looks difficult but of course different on the building

And notice that abandoning the ship don't make you loose the boat, inventory, health, it just make you go back to the spawn and then have to make yourself a defense against hounds, if they wait for you on the shore you'll be trapped as well on your boat, or just go on next land

(not fair)

This game is getting easier and easier. If Klei changes hounds to where they can't swim, then you can just fill a boat with catapults and make them fire at the hounds on land while you stay safely on the boat, adding yet another aspect that just makes the game easier.

You know, there's already a thread on this, you should look there to see how we all feel about this topic.

To save the trip, no.
Swimming Hounds aren't an issue, at all, you should be planning in this game, to be fair, it is an uncompromising Survival Horror game. 

You should plan for Hounds, and if they catch you off guard in the middle of the ocean, I say, it's time to fight or face the music!

5 hours ago, ADM said:

Joke appart, I feel like swimming hounds is actually something needed since ships are very powerfull for exploits. For exemple you can trap for eternity any ground being that ennoy you.

err

the core aspect of swimming hounds will not get changed. Exploiting and breaking the game will.

You can't balance out a functional mechanic with exploits.

3 hours ago, -Variant said:

You know, there's already a thread on this, you should look there to see how we all feel about this topic.

To save the trip, no.
Swimming Hounds aren't an issue, at all, you should be planning in this game, to be fair, it is an uncompromising Survival Horror game. 

You should plan for Hounds, and if they catch you off guard in the middle of the ocean, I say, it's time to fight or face the music!

Keep in mind that theres more posts in that thread saying that Swimming Hounds are an issue. So OP should look at that thread.

For me personally, I don't think it is an issue. I kind of like hounds being a threat that you have to pay attention to again, as ADM mentioned, boats are already powerful against tons of situations and very little poses a threat to you while on a boat. 

Maybe the game should adds a craft-able item that gives a circle indication of when will the next hounds attack be,so you can avoid be on the boat by the time being. Varg should drop part of the crafting materials. 

Alternatively, maybe varg should drop a consumable howling item, upon using it, the hounds will disappear untill the next attack circle. It would be interesting if this particular type of varg can only be found on the island.

Archived