Why Are You Guys Quiet?

DoktorEnd

Woodlegs would definitely have more there with the upcoming DST update having water. Maybe he could craft cannons for the big boats you can make, or craft a special boat platform. His Lucky Hat would need a recipe change though.

I can see why those chose Warly out of all the SW characters though. He's the most "general" with none of his perks being tied to the DLC. Hopefully they do a better job with him than his current mediocre form. I'd say we need some character refreshes of our own.

Goodness me imagine throwing shade at Klei on their own forum..

You're all acting like Klei is the next EA, all in it for the money.

You serious? are you kidding me? they gave people 12k hamlet copies for free. they're giving us Wormwood for free in DST if you own hamlet. 

They gave us a teleportato which means they're clearly listening to us still. Yet, you all think they abandoned hamlet? they're still fixing and optimizing it for a better experience for all us.

And even then, we don't even know how much of the seasonal content size it would be if it ever will be added.

I want just as much content as you all want but shading on Klei like this is just absolutely unnecessary and rude on their own forum. 

Yes, klei has made a mistake but this gives no rights to have this sort of behavior.

And no Warbucks is not coming back. he's gone get over it or play him as a mod.

2 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

Goodness me imagine throwing shade at Klei on their own forum..

You're all acting like Klei is the next EA, all in it for the money.

You serious? are you kidding me? they gave people 12k hamlet copies for free. they're giving us Wormwood for free in DST if you own hamlet. 

They gave us a teleportato which means they're clearly listening to us still. Yet, you all think they abandoned hamlet? they're still fixing and optimizing it for a better experience for all us.

And even then, we don't even know how much of the seasonal content size it would be if it ever will be added.

I want just as much content as you all want but shading on Klei like this is just absolutely unnecessary and rude on their own forum. 

we are just saying that DST has been given tooo much attention compared to DS and its DLCs,

all we want is treatment of DS in the same manner as DST but considering in this age Multiplayer games are the top thing its obvious Singleplayer games won't be given much attention, and Klei as a company has to keep up its profit in which case the Game they give attention to the most gets to becomes Profitable the most.

I'm quite hopeful about new content being added eventually but the speed at which it is added and the attention that is given which is about years long is hard to take.

(plus on a side note, notice the quality of the Animation in Willow's Update Trailer and Hamlet trailer, its baffling)

31 minutes ago, MWY said:

we are just saying that DST has been given tooo much attention compared to DS and its DLCs,

all we want is treatment of DS in the same manner as DST but considering in this age Multiplayer games are the top thing its obvious Singleplayer games won't be given much attention, and Klei as a company has to keep up its profit in which case the Game they give attention to the most gets to becomes Profitable the most.

I'm quite hopeful about new content being added eventually but the speed at which it is added and the attention that is given which is about years long is hard to take.

(plus on a side note, notice the quality of the Animation in Willow's Update Trailer and Hamlet trailer, its baffling)

Well DST is probably also how Klei thrives as of now, so of course DST is getting more recognition than DS. But that isn't to say hamlet is not being worked on, yes it may be a smaller team but they're still delivering us stuff, wether or not its the seasonal content. You can say to me i told you so in a few months if it doesn't happen. THEN we can talk.

They have more animators on DST's team clearly. The only thing i see as *different* or less frames is the little wormwood animation (still liked it) and the werewilba one (weird colors on wilba gonna be honest). otherwise Wagstaff's and Wheeler's are badass. So its not really that different.

But for real, from what read through this whole topic, it *reaaaallly* didn't seem like you just wanted that and were just throwing complete shade on Klei, Not just you but a few others.

Lets just try and have a normal discussion around here without Poking Klei with sticks alright? That's all i'm asking for, otherwise you can chat elsewhere about this whole thing.

1 minute ago, bugsmand said:

Well DST is probably also how Klei thrives as of now, so of course DST is getting more recognition than DS. But that isn't to say hamlet is not being worked on, yes it may be a smaller team but they're still delivering us stuff, wether or not its the seasonal content. You can say to me i told you so in a few months if it doesn't happen. THEN we can talk.

They have more animators on DST's team clearly. The only thing i see as *different* or less frames is the little wormwood animation (still liked it) and the werewilba one (weird colors on wilba gonna be honest). otherwise Wagstaff's and Wheeler's are badass.

But for real, from what read through this whole topic, it *reaaaallly* didn't seem like you just wanted that and were just throwing complete shade on Klei, Not just you but a few others.

Lets just try and have a normal discussion around here without Poking Klei with sticks alright? That's all i'm asking for, otherwise you can chat elsewhere about this whole thing.

yes we should remain quite as the topic says so even if it is the Truth, and if you personally think I'm throwing shade at Klei or pointing sticks at them.

then I wouldn't say that they did a great job with DST and want the same treatment with DS.

7 minutes ago, MWY said:

yes we should remain quite as the topic says so even if it is the Truth, and if you personally think I'm throwing shade at Klei or pointing sticks at them.

then I wouldn't say that they did a great job with DST and want the same treatment with DS.

Personally, it wasn't you MWY. i think you've been the most on topic about it without saying stuff like they only did it for the money (which is half true since that's how you thrive in this world) but still cruel to say.

This thread were just going a bit bonkers. and outside of its topic

Just now, bugsmand said:

Personally, it wasn't you MWY. i think you've been the most on topic about it without saying stuff like they only did it for the money (which is half true since that's how you thrive in this world) but still cruel to say.

This thread were just going a bit bonkers.

I'm a game developer myself and I know how companies deal with products that don't give out much profit.

you will also be surprised to know DS was the game that inspired me to become one 6 years ago, it holds a special place for me.

Truth is harsh, spoken one way or other

5 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

*STOP BEING SO NICE KLEI FOR DST PLAYERS!
fixed it

They  gave 12k copies of hamlet for free, while it was their choice, it still explains why they wouldn't be so eager to keep pushing it as strongly as dst,  because the later builds itself a fanbase.

Once a player gets invested enough in dst,  chances are that they'll check the rest of klei's library, and likely will buy singleplayer to test out HAM and SW as those are quite different from Dst.

However i do believe the community getting so whiny will likely turn down the interest in the game,  and then technically,  it would be us the fans indirectly killing the game and making klei not want to keep it as updated as dst, that gets a more avid, active and supportive community.

If you think this is fake, just remember all the backlash hamlet got when they revealed it wasn't gonna be on the RoG world, a considerable number of people whined on that, even without giving HAM a chance.

TlDr; It's up to us to decide whether to let singleplayer don't starve die or not,  since they made Hamlet as a response to fans. 

6 hours ago, JosePapp said:

However i do believe the community getting so whiny will likely turn down the interest in the game,  and then technically,  it would be us the fans indirectly killing the game and making klei not want to keep it as updated as dst, that gets a more avid, active and supportive community.

Well, they are grownups and are probably well aware that this thread represents a minority viewpoint. I mean, it pretty much answers the OP’s original question for itself. When it comes to the internet, there are some people it’s best not to engage with at all. This is especially true of gaming fan bases, where people get obsessed about stuff and lose all sense of proportion. Yes, these forums exist so the devs can get feedback that might be useful, but a LOT of it isn’t useful and they have to sort it out without egging on the nuts. Getting into a back-and-forth with a handful of cranks is not a worthwhile use of their time and will produce nothing of value and only make the situation worse.

maybe they know how to differentiate between helpful and not so helpful comments. the loud minority who want attention for stating minor problems and think they're arbiters of truth are easy to spot. there are very few valid concerns with hamlet and it hasn't even been out for a week and they already started addressing most of them (eg teleportato) and more is to follow, i'm sure. people really don't know how to be grateful, only want things in the game that are for them specifically and have that exceedingly obnoxious customer is always right entitled attitude because in their mind just because they payed for a copy of a product they have a say in absolutely everything now.

hamlet is great, they did a good job with it. could it have been better? yes. but with the amount of time they had, we couldn't ask for more, especially since we have no idea what went on behind the scenes and what setbacks they suffered because of development obstacles and such. there are many new mechanics that are quite complex and unique to dont starve that might've been very challenging to implement. its no surprise that those who complain the loudest usually have the least knowledge of how game development works

I'm not going to comment on most of this topic one way or the other except for this one thing I keep seeing here and there:

9 hours ago, JosePapp said:

They gave 12k copies of hamlet for free

Hamlet is not living or dying by 12k free copies. Stop mentioning this. This number was almost certainly chosen as some measured portion of actual and/or projected sales. It's a drop in the bucket.

3 hours ago, theJas0n said:

its no surprise that those who complain the loudest usually have the least knowledge of how game development works

As a customer I do not care about the hard work devs have to put in creating the game but about quality of the product. When you go to the shop, you buy the best product or the one that has been worked the hardest on?

4 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

As a customer I do not care about the hard work devs have to put in creating the game but about quality of the product. When you go to the shop, you buy the best product or the one that has been worked the hardest on?

you sicken me.

4 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

Sure, because hamlet is a total broken mess and people aren't nitpicking on what they thought should or shouldn't have been added. Go home man, you're just rambling now.

And to those who said humid season didn't get anything, they DID tune the rabid beetles and plants DO grow faster than usual,  so techincally they did deliver on more season content for that? Sure,  it wasn't anything extra but it was a nice QoL

1 minute ago, JosePapp said:

Sure, because hamlet is a total broken mess and people aren't nitpicking on what they thought should or shouldn't have been added. Go home man, you're just rambling now.

And to those who said humid season didn't get anything, they DID tune the rabid beetles and plants DO grow faster than usual,  so techincally they did deliver on more season content for that? Sure,  it wasn't anything extra but it was a nice QoL

I have never told that Hamlet is a complete mess. I am just complaining about how DST gets much more love than DS and how Hamlet has less content than SW and costs more at the same time.

Just now, Hell-met said:

As long as you're comparing klei to a walmart, sure. You're absolutely right.

You just can not deal with the fact that I, as a customer, have right to demand some quality of the product.

8 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

You just can not deal with the fact that I, as a customer, have right to demand some quality of the product.

I smell a contradiction.  How much does it need to be pointed out that dst has a completely different dev team? Ham is pretty good, and considering it IS harder and allows you to transform other dlcs into civilizations,   i think they delivered.

2 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

I smell a contradiction.  How much does it need to be pointed out that dst has a completely different dev team? Ham is pretty good, and considering it IS harder and allows you to transform other dlcs into civilizations,   i think they delivered.

But Hamlet still has less content than SW and costs more. It i good DLC (I even created a thread about good sides of Hamlet), just lacks in content.

And the fight between DST and DS i just my quite personal thing. I do not like DST and how it gets more attention than DS.

4 hours ago, JosePapp said:

do you even know that DS was never meant to be an Multiplayer game as the devs who released it had said so when it was finished,
and another major dev said he hated trading and shopping in games and would never allow anything similar in DS.

but now we have it all,

The truth is, the players who loved the game in its original form where it was quite different then what it has become now want the Original Game given attention in the same manner as the version that is not played by them,

if they are complaining and asking Klei to give attention then is it wrong of them to do so?

also your trying really really hard to make this entire topic sound like we are dissing the devs and calling them bad or something,
if we were we would never state their good work and effort and wanting said good work and effort in a product they made which is being neglected.

5 hours ago, Hell-met said:

you sicken me.

sigh, I thought I was being mean.

Archived