[POLL] PvP rebalance interest

PvP rebalance interest poll  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested at all in PvP mode?

2. 2. Which game mode do you play more often?

3. 3. Would you like a comprehensive update that focuses on PvP combat after the character rebalance update?

4. 4. How urgently do you thing the devs should focus on fixing PvE vs PvP modes?

• Focus on fixing PvE first
    • Focus on fixing PvP first
    • Focus on fixing PvE and PvP at the same time

1 minute ago, BeanBagSonic said:

I had already stated tweaks in past posts on how a Wolfgang vs a Wickerbottom could be remedied. I would appreciate it if you read my past posts before responding, and if you don't see how something could work, give it 5 minutes of thought or ask the question rather than just stating you can't see it, because then I can't help you there.

As for the Gorge comments, they can very well be relevant to the concern of PvP messing with PvE because the Gorge's mechanics are PvE-oriented, and would overall make both sides happy. I had also added the Gorge comments to act as a bit of comic relief, and I believe I had kept it brief with the Gorge comments, rather than having it encompass my whole post.

From what I've seen so far you haven't really broken down how concrete combat would look like... As I said before.. Pls make a list..  It's visually appealing and it can be supported or counterargued with ease. 

I've alreally explained a concrete idea that might make PvP work... 

Let's argue with concrete options and examples to not get loose in much talking 

11 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

Wait... do you actually play DST for PVP? This... isn't the purpose of this game...

Sure... playing against real, smart opponents may be attractive after fighting predictable AI for a long time, but... my experience tells me that people, that are more focused on empty, uncreative killing others on-shight and that do anything to find such aspects in a game meant to co-operate and help each other, are often... severly (or mildly)... intoxicated.

These kinds of people always worry me a little bit.

If you want to talk about purpose in how to play a game, there is no actual proper way to play a game. Quick example, friendlies in Team Fortress 2. To answer your question though, I do play DST for PvP since that's what's most interesting to my friends and I. Saying PvP isn't DST's purpose is a poor way of undermining DST's potential. As for your experience, I'd need more clarification on that. Have you played PvP? What was your experience? Player-killing can be a lot more creative with the proposed Forge weapons for one, and DST is not meant for cooperation, it's meant for multiplayer.

That "intoxicated" remark is uncalled for, and I don't know why people who like a different gamemode in an otherwise repetitive game worry you.

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

From what I've seen so far you haven't really broken down how concrete combat would look like... As I said before.. Pls make a list..  It's visually appealing and it can be supported or counterargued with ease. 

I've alreally explained a concrete idea that might make PvP work... 

Let's argue with concrete options and examples to not get loose in much talking 

I have no clue where you were looking, but I have already made posts that detail what you're asking for. If my ideas aren't "concrete" enough, then we'd have to go over our definitions of concrete. Please read my older posts before responding. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

Wait... do you actually play DST for PVP? This... isn't the purpose of this game...

Sure... playing against real, smart opponents may be attractive after fighting predictable AI for a long time, but... my experience tells me that people, that are more focused on empty, uncreative killing others on-shight and that do anything to find such aspects in a game meant to co-operate and help each other, are often... severly (or mildly)... intoxicated.

These kinds of people always worry me a little bit.

Please read the thread and some ideas. It might help if you take others ideas an opinions into consideration with an open mind, rather than just insulting them. This is... really just an insult and adds almost nothing to the conversation. 

1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! I am speaking MY truth. GOOD DAY SIR.

3 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

are you guys still arguing about PvP holy crap it's been like 4 hours straight

Neither do any of these types of posts add anything to the conversation. It just clutters up the thread even more.

On the topic of getting on topic, here's a topic:

I think a PvP exclusive structure would benefit the mode, a "claim flag" of some description. Anyone hear played Haven & Hearth? or Rust? Same thing what those games have: A standard that you can place, one per character, that claims a chunk of terrain for you. This'll encourage base building and revitalise a core aspect for the PvP side.

What does the claim flag do? In a small area, it basically prevents (or severally hinders) people from tampering with your chests, farms, walls, you name it. You'd have to juice up the flag with nightmare fuel or other "Not too easy but not too hard to get" regents otherwise the flag will decay, meaning people can ruin your stuff more. People can still play the nomadic  chaotic lifestyle, but others can choose to settle down and make a fortress in between all the chaos.

This can also introduce another PvP aspect of base raiding and building proper good bases with traps, walls and such to keep nerds out.

Of course this would clash with events s.uch as hound attacks and bosses which makes it slightly more complicated to implement i didn't think this far ahead dont @. me

Whoa, if this isn't trolling then I don't know what is. I'll just make some points and move on, because this is a real waste of time. Even the original poster doesn't want to have a discussion, but to prove a point that is misleading. The PvP discussion has already been settled in the roadmap and their original poster literally doesn't want to have a discussion, making this poll useless.

• The way the poll is written, is extremely bias and also suggests that PvP should be a mode of itself.
  • The forums are filled with the loud minority, often never reflect actual statistics of the general player-base.
  • Most PvP players have either quit or moved onto new games already, being that PvP was and still is broken.

But what we learned from the statistics are exactly what most of us told you from the beginning...

• Despite the vast majority of players playing PvE, they are interested in a PvP "mode".

30 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

On the topic of getting on topic, here's a topic:

I think a PvP exclusive structure would benefit the mode, a "claim flag" of some description. Anyone hear played Haven & Hearth? or Rust? Same thing what those games have: A standard that you can place, one per character, that claims a chunk of terrain for you. This'll encourage base building and revitalise a core aspect for the PvP side.

What does the claim flag do? Basically prevents (or severally hinders) people from tampering with your chests, farms, walls, you name it. You'd have to juice up the flag with nightmare fuel or other "Not too easy but not too hard to get" regents otherwise the flag will decay, meaning people can ruin your stuff more. People can still play the nomadic  chaotic lifestyle, but others can choose to settle down and make a fortress in between all the chaos.

This can also introduce another PvP aspect of base raiding and building proper good bases with traps, walls and such to keep nerds out.

Of course this would clash with events s.uch as hound attacks and bosses which makes it slightly more complicated to implement i didn't think this far ahead dont @. me

The claim a flag idea and protect your base with traps are pretty cool... This could build up on my suggestion of grup vs group.... 

I think that the map design and doggos visits should change to adjust to a different setting tho. 

26 minutes ago, Trenix said:

Snip

Feel free to make another poll... 

7 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Feel free to make another poll... 

Tbh, the entire poll seemed disingenuous. It feels like an attempt to settle an arguement from the day before via mob rule.

5 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

but she has come to understand the opposing views and I respect that.

Important

12 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

I feel this poll was originally to spite people Freya was arguing with

but she has come to understand the opposing views and I respect that.

You are wrong... The poll was never meant to be biased I think I'm giving credit to all ideas...  To the best of my abilities... 

I voted for another comprehensive update for PvP after the character update.. I want PvP to be something  to work but forcing this alongside PvE updates that we have been waiting for ages is not realistic. 

I already suggested a PvP team vs team which can work really well I think.. 

And many weird maps with "take the flag" or "protect the base" by @Ashkainkinda missions would work well.. And most importantly they would require much less work

You are misreading my initial intentions.. I did this poll to prove a point that was overlooked... Interest for a PvP alongside PvE update and realistic numbers of people playing PvP.. Which was completely ignored on the reasons of PvP is broken anyways thats why people don't play it.. But ik many people don't even care about it.. 

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

It was... I meant to say there is little interest... Edited 

Just let the data talk.. I don't have anything else to say

I wish I could believe you but uh..

Just let the quote talk.. I don't have anything else to say

EDIT: This quote was directed towards one of the people you were arguing with yesterday.

45 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

Please read the thread and some ideas. It might help if you take others ideas an opinions into consideration with an open mind, rather than just insulting them. This is... really just an insult and adds almost nothing to the conversation. 

Neither do any of these types of posts add anything to the conversation. It just clutters up the thread even more.

shut up ur dead

17 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

You are wrong... The poll was never meant to be biased I think I'm giving credit to all ideas...  To the best of my abilities... 

I voted for another comprehensive update for PvP after the character update.. I want PvP to be something  to work but forcing this alongside PvE updates that we have been waiting for ages is not realistic. 

I already suggested a PvP team vs team which can work really well I think.. 

And many weird maps with "take the flag" or "protect the base" by @Ashkainkinda missions would work well.. And most importantly they would require much less work

You are misreading my initial intentions.. I did this poll to prove a point that was overlooked... Interest for a PvP alongside PvE update and realistic numbers of people playing PvP.. Which was completely ignored on the reasons of PvP is broken anyways thats why people don't play it.. But ik many people don't even care about it.. 

This one, but it's fine. I think we had a bit of a misunderstanding as to which post I was talking about. It doesn't matter too much anyways, so nevermind.

Archived