Put your ideas here to rebalance Wheeler

Unaware of what was happening, I opened the web page and see that this forum is on fire, some Warbucks fans are in pls, and several topics about Wheeler.  And I see that she received a huge buff!  Ok, a little buff, but that's too much, she became the most broken character of the game, RIP WX-78, Wortox and Wicker.  I saw several ideas, but divided into several topics, it would be more interesting to regroup them all here, the one that interests me the most is to remove his weapon, and give it to Warbucks (if it comes back), or so  to lower his stats.  Give your ideas, it will also clean a little forum.

Wheeler.png.374cc0be76303e442c8ee97676572ae5.png

14 minutes ago, Philsam said:

RIP WX-78

wat

400 hp

50% speed boost

gears

lightning heals a ton of health

probably the best ruins rusher in ds thanks to 

- eatting gears

- lightning from psudoscience stations

- speed boost lets him outrun shadow creatures without a walking cane

- doesn't need to hold a light item to see freeing up your head or hand slot

- high health makes him hard to kill

in every dlc he has a way to get a ton of overcharge so if you know what your doing 

• Revert most of her recent changes
  • Keep the movement speed boost (+20-10%)
  • Reverse the gun damage, increase the shooting speed by ~25% and buff only the high damage munition a bit
  • She should not be able to dodge AoE attacks (no invincibility when dashing towards, for example: a Deerclops)

well first off, They need to revert the changes to the pewmatic horn. Dealing the same damage as blow darts for Stone cheap is insane. Though in exchange, I would be enclined to see special effects added to certain ammunition, Such as Nightmare fuel causing effects similar to ghost possession in DST, and bee mines releasing a swarm of bees on impact to attack the hit enemy.

Second, and I've said this before but I'll say it again, Instead of rust having an inherit 5 fewer inventory slots, She should be penalized for using backpacks, likely in a speed reduction and removing the ability to dodge. This way,

-We keep the inventory managment side of things

-it makes sense with the "travels lighter than most" quirk

-instead of enforcing the backpack meta, it discourages it, and might just make some people use the many other body slot items.

And While I haven't played her myself, and don't particularly want to because Wagstaff, I will say that the idea of Wheeler's Snag was interesting, and had potential to make for an interesting character.

With new buffed perks, her character having only 10 pocket slot seem balanced. Permanent change, but she can move faster and has very powerful ranged weapon that uses almost anything as bullet. That downside should come back.

What if she has a temperature mechanic to her? Never seen that in a character quite before. For example, perhaps after she reaches a certain heat threshold she suffers effects similar to that of the Humid Season and will begin to drop items from her inventory randomly until she is either cooled down or has dropped all of her items to "lighten the load". I'm trying to think of interesting downsides that aren't straight up stat penalties tbh.

Quotes could include but are not limited to: "Too hot to hold..", "Gonna put this right here for a sec..", "*huff* I gotta lighten the load a bit", etc.

1 hour ago, Owlrus98 said:

What if she has a temperature mechanic to her? Never seen that in a character quite before. For example, perhaps after she reaches a certain heat threshold she suffers effects similar to that of the Humid Season and will begin to drop items from her inventory randomly until she is either cooled down or has dropped all of her items to "lighten the load". I'm trying to think of interesting downsides that aren't straight up stat penalties tbh.

Quotes could include but are not limited to: "Too hot to hold..", "Gonna put this right here for a sec..", "*huff* I gotta lighten the load a bit", etc.

But she is from hamlet, and there are no temperatures in hamlet.

80 HP

Keep her bonus movement speed, but make it so she moves slower when wearing body/hat items.

Nerf the gun back down.

Maybe nerf her melee damage like Wendy?

Her compass is a fun tool, and is REALLY useful in Shipwrecked, her dodge is a bit on the OP side, and having bonus movement speed should ALWAYS come with a catch, otherwise it just outright breaks fights by making kiting way too easy.

She needs some downsides, if for no other reason than shes WAY too strong.

2 hours ago, Hx380 said:

I would also suggest to remove double dash bug 

Personally, I feel this would make her much less fun to play as :(. If any nerf should be applied to her dodge I would say make the 2nd dodge you preform while in the 1st dodge not grant you invincibility. Removing the double dodge bug/feature or making dodging cost hunger will limit the usage of her dodge which makes her unique in the first place thus leading to a more plain and boring experience because the dodge would be inferior in all ways compared to doing plain ol' boring kiting with her speed boost making using it pointless.. Of course that is just my opinion.

The new Wheeler is a lot of fun, but her stats, particularly her health and the damage from her gun could really use some tweaking. The dodge, speed boost, compass and shooter make her a very strong character, but I see no reason for her gun to do this much damage, it feels cheap. A ranged weapon that takes anything as ammo and lacks durability is such a powerful item, they really overdid it with 50-100 damage a pop. 

I’ll miss not being able to slaughter monkeys en masse, but its really for the best that the shooter’s damage is reduced.

I won’t miss the lack of inventory slots though, it was an awful downside. I appreciate the move to encourage players to cut down on the hoarding without stripping them of slots, a good compromise!

Archived