Wheeler is no longer an explorer

The buffs to her gun make her seem more like a hunter than an explorer. Now she can just use stingers and rocks to kill everything with ease, no dodge needed.

Here's my proposal: 

Spoiler

Take away her gun and give it to Warbucks.

This may seem crazy, considering that Warbucks has been nuked from orbit by Klei, but I think that if the gun is something Klei genuinely wants to pursue this could be a viable option.

Now, Klei is free to focus on improving the "globe-trotting adventurer" side of Wheeler, @SkylordElberich can stop posting his meme, and the controversial colonialist side of Warbucks is gone.

Spoiler

I guess give Warbucks a downside like "I'm too important of a hunter to trifle with tiny creatures" and therefore refuse to attack rabbits/birds/rabid beetles/pengulls

Now that I type this out, it all seems too crazy to work, but I'm honestly just spit balling.

Very sneaky, disguising Warbucks threads as Wheeler threads.

They should have just made Warbucks Clayton instead of Archimedes Q. Porter (who they directly took inspiration from).

If Warbucks is portrayed as a villain, then I feel like he would be a little more excepted ironically.

His old title used to be the 'Gentleman Hunter', before it was changed to the 'The Affluent Explorer', and he is seen on the character select screen with a gun. Wonder if their intentions changed at some point?

I'm not sure why Wheeler got the gun, I feel like it WAS meant for Warbucks, but got defaulted to Wheeler after Warbucks got banished to the shadow realm.

Also I'm working (albeit VERY slowly) on a rework for Warbucks, I gave him a money powered gun, removed the oinc sanity buff, gave him sanity and health for hunting animals (not monsters), and let him craft trophies out of animal parts, which he can trade for oincs. I also added his early speech files that referenced the East India Company, among other things. Planning on adding more unique lines.

Check it out here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1669346270 or not. Thought of removing sanity gain from anything but hunting, but that takes effort. Kinda haven't updated in 2 months...

She is still an explorer... is just that her gun is a tad bit too useful, I think a better change would be that it stuns mobs or scares them away at the cost of Wheeler's sanity and some durability, after all it looks like a honk, and those can be very loud. It will do no damage, but provides an opening or protection depending if they take the stun or the scaring approach respectively. And yes, it should also scare/stun giants, even the Big Bird (BFB I think is called?).

9 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Check it out here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1669346270 or not. Thought of removing sanity gain from anything but hunting, but that takes effort.

It is just a bit scary how close your Warbucks mod is to my "perfect idea" of him...

1 hour ago, S19TealPenguin said:

The buffs to her gun make her seem more like a hunter than an explorer. Now she can just use stingers and rocks to kill everything with ease, no dodge needed.

Here's my proposal: 

Hide contents

This may seem crazy, considering that Warbucks has been nuked from orbit by Klei, but I think that if the gun is something Klei genuinely wants to pursue this could be a viable option.

Now, Klei is free to focus on improving the "globe-trotting adventurer" side of Wheeler, @SkylordElberich can stop posting his meme, and the controversial colonialist side of Warbucks is gone.

Hide contents

I guess give Warbucks a downside like "I'm too important of a hunter to trifle with tiny creatures" and therefore refuse to attack rabbits/birds/rabid beetles/pengulls

Now that I type this out, it all seems too crazy to work, but I'm honestly just spit balling.

pls rename thread "steal all items and abilities from wheeler and give to warbucks"

5 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

pls rename thread "steal all items and abilities from wheeler and give to warbucks"

To be fair, is only one thing, that barely makes sense on Wheeler as an explorer/archaelogist. And she still has her dodge + navigadget + speed buff from inventory management, which do make sense with exploring.

4 minutes ago, pedregales said:

To be fair, is only one thing, that barely makes sense on Wheeler as an explorer/archaelogist. And she still has her dodge + navigadget + speed buff from inventory management, which do make sense with exploring.

it's not fair... cuz Warbucks is a forgotten line of code in the files now.. and promoting giving him sutff is just a way to claim for revival.. 

so no ty... warbucks gameplay was boring.. ty

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

it's not fair... cuz Warbucks is a forgotten line of code in the files now.. and promoting giving him sutff is just a way to claim for revival.. 

so no ty... warbucks gameplay was boring.. ty

It might not be fair to give the weapon to Warbucks, after all he is already gone and his gameplay was indeed boring, but let's be honest they didn't even try to make him interesting in the very least (despite the community giving plenty of ideas to remotely improve him, heck, Dorothea's weapon is similar to the idea of giving Warbucks a blunderbuss that shoots oincs that was given at least a month before his removal). When he started he was just Hamlet's Walani, and as time went on they only added a simple "uses less durability with some already boring items" perk, and hoped he would become fun or mildly interesting over-night. And people had high hopes for the character (me included), but oh well. Let's just say I prefer him gone than how he was, but would prefer if he stayed with some proper tweaks (making him a hunter instead of an explorer being one of them).

But it is fair to take the horn away from Wheeler (or at the very least nerf it or tweak it). She is among the most mobile characters (and I am comparing her to Wagstaff teleporting items, and Wortox teleporting ability), probably the best kiter (only rivaled by Wolfgang and charged WX; although she doesn't need it because of her weapon), and she is able to farm specific stuff with her navigadget. But then, on top of all that, she has a weapon that transforms stingers, and other items, into blowdarts. I will enjoy using her for the time being, but she is a bit out of control.

13 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Here's my proposal: 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with everything you said except stopping @SkylordElberich from posting the meme.  :p

Archived