Klei kinda jebaited us... kinda (Another character aside from Wagstaff and Winona caught by Voxola portal)

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Now this.. How about if that character was WX as animation in the Voxola factory.. He could have been there.. 

When you say this, are you suggesting that's WX in the portal?
If so, I'd think not, as I don't see why he'd be wearing clothes here, and not in the Constant.
Also, even the blur won't match with this, I know blur is used to hide a character's features, but even this is weird.
Plus, you can see the character as white skin, as when Winona pulls on the arm.
Or did you mean something else? Lol, I'm still tired.

7 minutes ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

Here is my theory on why Wagstaff has the strange effect of like an old time projection when at low health. Wagstaff worked making radios and what happens when you try to get a station on an old timey radio with the knobs if you are off a little bit? static! I propose that Wagstaff's portal was slightly off the mark and while it did transport him to the constant the signal had static and interference. Therefore, Wagstaff is slightly out of tune with the constant. It is even possible that Wagstaff created his portal utilizing radio wave technology and this would further back up my theory. This is just my two cents, I am not claiming to be right but it does make some sense.

(please ask before putting this or any information/theories I post on the forums in any videos on YouTube, not trying to be vain but it has happened before)

I already mentioned why the portal was out-of-tune 

---I did notice that holographic effect and I assumed it was a reverb effect for the lack of "runes" from the portal--

Also this 20190419045115_1.thumb.jpg.5c7c90f5f6cbc0f4d88b31259b3f209a.jpg

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I already mentioned why the portal was out-of-tune 

---I did notice that holographic effect and I assumed it was a reverb effect for the lack of "runes" from the portal--

Also this 20190419045115_1.thumb.jpg.5c7c90f5f6cbc0f4d88b31259b3f209a.jpg

You could be right, but remember, Wagstaff is an inventor, sure he is most likely referring to his original portal but he may be referring to his design for something else entirely. Not saying you are wrong because your theory is quite plausible, I am just saying that we don't have enough information to come to a definite conclusion as of yet.  

Just now, MasteroftheTDS said:

You could be right, but remember, Wagstaff is an inventor, sure he is most likely referring to his original portal but he may be referring to his design for something else entirely. Not saying you are wrong because your theory is quite plausible, I am just saying that we don't have enough information to come to a definite conclusion as of yet.  

This is the teleportato base.. I think this might be quite accurate..

Ofc we don't know for sure but the lack of runes would explain why he has the projector effect. 

This is tbh the best evidence we got so far... 

You were making the point for the out of tune event but u didn't give a reason or idea as to why that might be... I'm simply pointing out there might be some evidence for it... 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

This is the teleportato base.. I think this might be quite accurate..

I know what it is :p 

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Ofc we don't know for sure but the lack of runes would explain why he has the projector effect. 

This is tbh the best evidence we got so far... 

You were making the point for the out of tune event but u didn't give a reason or idea as to why that might be... I'm simply pointing out there might be some evidence for it... 

I'm not arguing with you on that, I think your theory is quite good, I am just saying I wish we had some more evidence ;)

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

ok.. i think you are kinda confussed.. I never said that Wagstaff left otherr day.. It all happended the same day.. 

- Wagstaff activeted the portal.. left

- portal remained open

- someone else entered the room

- got trapped--- winona tried to rescue

- big tremmor... pportal dmged

- winona repairs it... charlie traps her

end

1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

The issue is it was already confirmed Wagstaff went missing the night his factory burned out. It has to have been him who got sucked in.

4 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

So where did Wagstaff go and how did he wind up missing?

Winona and him went missing both the same day... the events probably occurred in no longer than 10 minutes

Wagstaff didn't go to Hamlet initially.. He spawned in Vanilla/RoG .. The game already gives a clue .. When you select him as a character you find them right between Maxwell and Wigfrid... that's why he is available in all dlcs..

20190419203242_1.thumb.jpg.87b71183e040f49a6de73c50e715a554.jpg

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Images can be transmitted to another location and so can sounds, but I don’t see how Wagstaff can smell or, especially, eat anything in the Constant if he isn’t physically there.

My point isn't really that he isn't there.. that was Zeklo's point. 

I believe he has like a reverb echoing effect from a crappy portal that materialized him with some sort of distortion cuz his portal didn't use the "runes" of the "forbidden knowledge"..

20190419045115_1.thumb.jpg.5c7c90f5f6cbc0f4d88b31259b3f209a.jpg

that's why he doesn't really now know who Maxwell is

42 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I have a better clue: 

Devs literally said he'll be added to vanilla ds

ik they did... xD...  looking for the stating the obvious meme.... where is it??

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

He propably took the glove off. Why the heck should he wear a glove when he isn't in a lab and it's just one?

sure he probably did... there are other things tho.. 

why would he hold to the portal when he clearly wants to go to the constant? that's weird

and maybe the outline.. some people pointed out the outline isn't that telling cuz it might be like a placer and I understand that point.. it's pretty valid.. we do't know for sure tho.. what we know for sure is that there is a difference we can see from that character to Wagstaff.. that's why most people though the curly person was Wagstaff in the first place.. so.. there

again.. it's just a theory.. nothing is set in stone..

Let's turn around the table. Like @FreyaMaluk already said that Wagstaff WANTS to be in the constant but changed his mind halfway in the portal and resists? Also, the arm didn't have carded sleeves which Wagstaff has. There is a good chance that Wagstaff wasn't the person Winona tried to rescue. A good guess would be a completely new unknown person was trying to escape. There were reports in the train crash newspaper article that several people were missing before.

55 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I said it again that when he was teleporting he has weird hair and that the hair propably bent and looked curly

or klei didn't know which one is wagstaff by the time they were working on the animation

xD sure... it's possible that's one reason... we don't know for sure

that's why I said this

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

it might be like a placer

a placer is a random entity devs use when they are developing things and they don't really know what are they gonna look like

again.. you can argue it looks like that cuz his hair is getting pulled back.. but I also used a photo of IRL people with wind pulling their hair and since he has some pointy bits it might be a bit weird why it looks so curly..

you can argue for wind and pull but u cannot prove it.. same as me.. I'm just posing a question that might indicate other info

again we don't know for sure.. it's all speculation.

42 minutes ago, axxel said:

Let's turn around the table. Like @FreyaMaluk already said that Wagstaff WANTS to be in the constant but changed his mind halfway in the portal and resists? Also, the arm didn't have carded sleeves which Wagstaff has. There is a good chance that Wagstaff wasn't the person Winona tried to rescue. A good guess would be a completely new unknown person was trying to escape. There were reports in the train crash newspaper article that several people were missing before.

if he changed his mind half way... why is that not reflected in his quotes.. he loves the constant-- the ruins most of all

ty for trying to see other point of view btw.. xD   

I mean my point isn't at all that Wagstaff wasn't there the same day.. he probably activated the portal just a couple seconds or minutes ago

maybe he was there and left and he couldn't close the portal... He doesn't have the "runes" ... probably cuz he is approaching this from a "technical" stand point and he doesn't know much about magic.. 

maybe other person was already in there helping him... maybe WX as an automaton working for voxola... or a trusted collegue was there.. who knows? I think Wagstaff might have more trust in an automaton that in a person when it comes to his secrets.. again.. all speculation

if that was WX he was probably imbued with some sort of consciousness from the NF while being pulled?? btw remember that mechanical creatures drop nightmare fuel when killed ....and that's why he started to panic holding on to the portal...

WX doesn't recognize Maxwel either btw: "HE IN AN UNKNOWN" so he might have entered the constant by other means.. most characters refer maxwell as trickster, thief, jerk, rude.. etc.. cuz they were deceived to enter the constant.. but not WX.. so that's some explanation as to why WX says "unknown"

OR the boooooring variant

It was Wagstaff and he was holding on to the portal cuz.... reasons... xD

When I first saw that cinematic I thought the whole grabbing onto the portal, etc was more for dramatic effect than lore per se. If you really wanna go that deep into it, there are a bunch of reasons Wagstaff could be hesitating going into the Constant. Maybe he was being pulled sooner that he thought, with less preparation, maybe it was something about the fire in the factory that he didn't expect. 

And about Wagstaff not having a glove... The character gets designed way before the cinematic is made, and decisions that go into the writing of the cinematic probably involve different people then the ones who design the characters.

Archived